Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
...can't wait for the comments from MM 23:38 - Aug 31 with 2367 viewsITFCGloryDays

On the inability of the club to manage to sign a CB, in the time frame of 3 weeks.

What was it...'You don't see many 18, 19 yr old playing at CB in the Championship.'

And the assurance of Spence and Knudsen still in central defence, after the Fulham showing, well it says it all.

You'd really think we'd learn. More so from the Murphy example.

Yes, now we can score goals. What we don't presently have are players who can ably defend.
...can't wait for the comments from MM on 00:06 - Sep 1 with 2312 viewspennyfathersleg

Same old same old! For some reason I believed that we would actually sign someone! What happens when Webster gets ruled out for the rest of the season and tommy has a poor patch!?

Let's hope the strikers keep scoring.....
...can't wait for the comments from MM on 00:11 - Sep 1 with 2303 viewsGuthrum

We very nearly did sign a CB, but it was snatched from under our noses.

As I said earlier, no point in signing rubbish for the sake of it, Iorfa/Spence and Knudsen are a better option than that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 01:01 - Sep 1 with 2242 viewsBluearmy71

" What was it...'You don't see many 18, 19 yr old playing at CB in the Championship.' "

That was pretty much it and as far as I can see they young lad from Everton will be played at right back if one of Spence or Iorfa has to play a covering role at Center Back and should Spence or Iorfa get injured themselves then we still have a covering Center Back and a proper Right Back playing in position!

Its actually a well thought out plan c if you like, it will keep the balance and shape to the team.

So the back line will be this until players are back from injury...

Connolly Spence or Iorfa Knudsen Kenlock

Well that's how I see it anyway so I very much doubt Connolly will be played at Center Back at all!

Arguably not the best option but better than no option at all!
...can't wait for the comments from MM on 02:33 - Sep 1 with 2195 viewsGiveusaWave

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 01:01 - Sep 1 by Bluearmy71

" What was it...'You don't see many 18, 19 yr old playing at CB in the Championship.' "

That was pretty much it and as far as I can see they young lad from Everton will be played at right back if one of Spence or Iorfa has to play a covering role at Center Back and should Spence or Iorfa get injured themselves then we still have a covering Center Back and a proper Right Back playing in position!

Its actually a well thought out plan c if you like, it will keep the balance and shape to the team.

So the back line will be this until players are back from injury...

Connolly Spence or Iorfa Knudsen Kenlock

Well that's how I see it anyway so I very much doubt Connolly will be played at Center Back at all!

Arguably not the best option but better than no option at all!

Could be a back 5...

Connolly, Iorfa, Spence, Knudsen, Kenlock.

But my guess is Chambers will be back very soon. Which could lead to an unusual back 5...

Iorfa, Spence, Chambers, Connolly, Knudsen

The good thing about Connolly is that he's very versatile. Primarily a RB, yes...but can play anywhere across defence. He's even played LB for England youth.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 09:02 - Sep 1 with 2023 viewsPilgrimblue

I have some sympathy with Mick, I've gone out shopping for a ready meal for the evening only to come home with packet of frozen peas with two packets in the freezer. It's an easy mistake!
...can't wait for the comments from MM on 09:09 - Sep 1 with 2007 viewssolemio

What a lot of Americans we seem to have posting on here.

Centre - British
Center - American
...can't wait for the comments from MM on 09:13 - Sep 1 with 1992 viewsHerbivore

Central defence wasn't the issue against Fulham. It was the full backs who were poor, not helped by insufficient protection from the strikers playing in front of them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 09:17 - Sep 1 with 1975 viewsElderGrizzly

Your point would be valid, but our loss against Fulham had nothing to do with Knudsen or Spence.
Login to get fewer ads

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 1898 viewsPilgrimblue

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 09:13 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Central defence wasn't the issue against Fulham. It was the full backs who were poor, not helped by insufficient protection from the strikers playing in front of them.

Agree on the first point. But full backs were exposed by pitiful midfield. Iorfa had two to mark and as full back was coming from deep positions he couldn't pick him up until late.
I blame MM for thinking that the same team of 4 forwards could cope against quality team.
Should have played 532 from start and maybe we'd got a point!
Waggy and Sears should have been on bench NOT in midfield trying to defend!!
...can't wait for the comments from MM on 12:29 - Sep 1 with 1879 viewsHerbivore

...can't wait for the comments from MM on 12:23 - Sep 1 by Pilgrimblue

Agree on the first point. But full backs were exposed by pitiful midfield. Iorfa had two to mark and as full back was coming from deep positions he couldn't pick him up until late.
I blame MM for thinking that the same team of 4 forwards could cope against quality team.
Should have played 532 from start and maybe we'd got a point!
Waggy and Sears should have been on bench NOT in midfield trying to defend!!

We'd have had the same problem playing wing backs. 442 was the right formation but 4 strikers was a mistake.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024