Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) 16:45 - Sep 1 with 26466 viewsclive_baker

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:48 - Sep 1 with 9610 viewsSpruceMoose

Use one more wipe than you think necessary.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:49 - Sep 1 with 9606 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'Wear the coat ffs. You will be fine'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

KISS on 16:50 - Sep 1 with 9594 viewsusm

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:51 - Sep 1 with 9586 viewsBluebell

Support Ipswich Town.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:53 - Sep 1 with 9573 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:51 - Sep 1 by Bluebell

Support Ipswich Town.

I think they may have meant financially.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:57 - Sep 1 with 9558 viewsSE1blue

Only date women with real eyebrows.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:58 - Sep 1 with 9555 viewsartsbossbeard

Never run onto the Carrow Road pitch.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:02 - Sep 1 with 9543 viewstcblue

It's easier to beg forgiveness later than ask permission now
Login to get fewer ads

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:06 - Sep 1 with 9505 viewsStokieBlue

Don't take any advice from TWTD.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 9499 viewshomer_123

Breathe.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 9500 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Control the Controllables..

Or as my missus initially interpreted it as 'Control the (TV) Controller'
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:12 - Sep 1 with 9478 viewsmutters

Spend a third, save a third, invest a third

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:12 - Sep 1 with 9475 viewsRyorry

Just be yourself.

Very wise schoolfriend - when we were 11!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:13 - Sep 1 with 9467 viewsfactual_blue

That you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:13 - Sep 1 with 9463 viewscatch74

Everything in moderation.

Plus - don't wish your life away.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:14 - Sep 1 with 9453 viewsBluebell

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:53 - Sep 1 by SpruceMoose

I think they may have meant financially.

No, it was said by Mr Bluebell who wanted me to go to matches with him.

The rest is history!
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:16 - Sep 1 with 9439 viewsBarcaBlue

"if you're not in bed by midnight, come home" (my Dad RIP)
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:19 - Sep 1 with 9429 viewsDarth_Koont

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:12 - Sep 1 by Ryorry

Just be yourself.

Very wise schoolfriend - when we were 11!

Agreed. Although I'd qualify that by adding: "But try to be your best self".

There's no shortage of people in the world who think being themselves gives them licence to be a selfish, ignorant a-hole.

Pronouns: He/Him

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:21 - Sep 1 with 9410 viewsfooters

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:19 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Although I'd qualify that by adding: "But try to be your best self".

There's no shortage of people in the world who think being themselves gives them licence to be a selfish, ignorant a-hole.

Almost the same as something told me once:

Each man is his own prince and should treat himself and others as such.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:22 - Sep 1 with 9394 viewsDarth_Koont

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:21 - Sep 1 by footers

Almost the same as something told me once:

Each man is his own prince and should treat himself and others as such.

Yeah, I like that.

Pronouns: He/Him

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:26 - Sep 1 with 9387 viewsASAx

Mid 20's I broke up with who I thought was 'the one', which was especially hard as we both wanted to be together but her psycho of an ex made it almost impossible to continue.

My dad convinced me to look at anything relationship wise as having six wonderful months (for example) of happiness, laughter, seeing new places, intimacy and so on, instead of the same six months not being spent with that person.

It was instrumental in turning me from someone who was pathetically soppy, pining and heartbroken at the first sign of someone not texting me back within 20 seconds, to being the complete opposite, enjoying the moment and if it doesn't work out when you've given it your best shot then there's sod all else you can do.

Pretty much went from being emotionally pathetic to incredibly strong, emotionally as a result of the subsequent self refection.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:34 - Sep 1 with 9338 viewshatch

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:26 - Sep 1 by ASAx

Mid 20's I broke up with who I thought was 'the one', which was especially hard as we both wanted to be together but her psycho of an ex made it almost impossible to continue.

My dad convinced me to look at anything relationship wise as having six wonderful months (for example) of happiness, laughter, seeing new places, intimacy and so on, instead of the same six months not being spent with that person.

It was instrumental in turning me from someone who was pathetically soppy, pining and heartbroken at the first sign of someone not texting me back within 20 seconds, to being the complete opposite, enjoying the moment and if it doesn't work out when you've given it your best shot then there's sod all else you can do.

Pretty much went from being emotionally pathetic to incredibly strong, emotionally as a result of the subsequent self refection.

I had a something similar - 'don't fart if you think it could be solid'
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:39 - Sep 1 with 9322 viewsGarv

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:34 - Sep 1 by hatch

I had a something similar - 'don't fart if you think it could be solid'

Better solid than liquid.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:41 - Sep 1 with 9316 viewsGuthrum

Stop it!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:44 - Sep 1 with 9307 viewsgtsb1966

When I got my first weeks wages at my new company aged 19 I was stopped £6 pension. I went to my union rep to complain as I hadn't asked for it. He told me to keep paying as it is to my advantage and although I lived at home with my parents one day I'd be glad I had a pension. I took early retirement aged 50.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024