Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why no Hyam 16:43 - Sep 2 with 4745 viewsRobTheSnob

No Hyam in the U23 is he injured again?
Why no Hyam on 16:49 - Sep 2 with 4726 viewsBackToRussia

Well it has been a couple of weeks.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Why no Hyam on 17:03 - Sep 2 with 4703 viewsPhilTWTD

Not as far as I'm aware, he's played three U23s matches so probably felt that he is ready for first-team involvement. His availability was cited as one of the reasons Adam McDonnell was allowed to go out on loan.
Why no Hyam on 18:32 - Sep 2 with 4547 viewstextbackup

Why no Hyam on 17:03 - Sep 2 by PhilTWTD

Not as far as I'm aware, he's played three U23s matches so probably felt that he is ready for first-team involvement. His availability was cited as one of the reasons Adam McDonnell was allowed to go out on loan.

I really hope thats a lie, surely he's got more to offer than Hyam?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why no Hyam on 18:40 - Sep 2 with 4524 viewsPhilTWTD

Why no Hyam on 18:32 - Sep 2 by textbackup

I really hope thats a lie, surely he's got more to offer than Hyam?!

You not think Hyam is some way ahead of McDonnell in the pecking order at present given his experience?
Why no Hyam on 18:43 - Sep 2 with 4503 viewsbrogansnose

Why no Hyam on 18:40 - Sep 2 by PhilTWTD

You not think Hyam is some way ahead of McDonnell in the pecking order at present given his experience?

Has he learnt to pass a ball ?
Why no Hyam on 18:53 - Sep 2 with 4475 viewsLeoMuff

Why no Hyam on 18:43 - Sep 2 by brogansnose

Has he learnt to pass a ball ?

He was heavily involved in the 14/15 season when we were 2nd at Christmas, all teams need someone of his energy and tenacity to win back possession.

Underrated imo

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Why no Hyam on 18:57 - Sep 2 with 4452 viewsBuyoutclause

Assume he's ready for the first team, not wanting him to get injured playing for the U23s.
Why no Hyam on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 4449 viewsbrogansnose

Why no Hyam on 18:53 - Sep 2 by LeoMuff

He was heavily involved in the 14/15 season when we were 2nd at Christmas, all teams need someone of his energy and tenacity to win back possession.

Underrated imo

TBF, I liked him when he got into Jewells team and ran about like he gave a toss something that Mick recognised when he took over. As much as I like the lad, I do feel that he's limited by his passing ability and his 'football brain.' It's also a shame that he's had so many long term injuries which has hindered his development but unfortunately he's going to struggle to get into the team if Adeyemi and Huws are fit and in many ways he seems to have been eclipsed by the boy Downes.
Login to get fewer ads

Why no Hyam on 19:01 - Sep 2 with 4444 viewsmuccletonjoe

Why no Hyam on 18:53 - Sep 2 by LeoMuff

Underrated imo

My opinion too. Hyam takes way to much flack from some of the know nothings on here. Can be a fantastic player on his day and i have been at portman road for several of those.
Why no Hyam on 19:11 - Sep 2 with 4403 viewsbluesym

The return of Skuse and Hyam is close.....Yay!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Why no Hyam on 19:13 - Sep 2 with 4399 viewsParisBlue

Why no Hyam on 19:01 - Sep 2 by muccletonjoe

My opinion too. Hyam takes way to much flack from some of the know nothings on here. Can be a fantastic player on his day and i have been at portman road for several of those.

Like Watford at home in November 14, the game that Jonny Williams was crocked. Luke led the battle that day, he was immense against a tough team. His injuries started shortly afterwards (Charlton away at the end of that month IIRC)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Why no Hyam on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 4304 viewsHarry_Palmer

No, couldn't risk him today as he'll be needed at centre half against QPR.

Def info.
Why no Hyam on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 4141 viewstextbackup

Experience yes, had his chance and is one of those that bores people to watch, he's never more than a 4/10, atleast the other guy has the freshness and we've not seen his lack of quality time and time again

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why no Hyam on 21:52 - Sep 2 with 4131 viewsjas0999

Trouble is this: Skuse/Hyam has never worked. We must hope this partnership never happens again. Negative. Very negative.
Why no Hyam on 07:03 - Sep 3 with 3954 viewschristiand

Why no Hyam on 21:52 - Sep 2 by jas0999

Trouble is this: Skuse/Hyam has never worked. We must hope this partnership never happens again. Negative. Very negative.

Can see a midfield 3 of Skuse, Hyam and Downes especially away from home. I don't have anything against Hyam, but I feel his game is very much like Skuse's. If fully fit, does he have enough about him to edge Skuse out of the starting XI, particularly if we are playing 4-4-2? However, playing them both together (in this formation) isn't the most dynamic combination in central midfield and offers little offensively or creatively.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Why no Hyam on 07:24 - Sep 3 with 3936 viewsHarry_Palmer

Why no Hyam on 21:49 - Sep 2 by textbackup

Experience yes, had his chance and is one of those that bores people to watch, he's never more than a 4/10, atleast the other guy has the freshness and we've not seen his lack of quality time and time again

4/10 is a bit harsh, I'd say he's generally more a 5/6 out of 10 but I do agree with your general point. For me he has shown over a long period of time to be lacking the quality and all round game that is required at this level. Some rose tinted specs views going on in this thread.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 11:02]
Why no Hyam on 09:47 - Sep 3 with 3799 viewsOsborneOneNil

Why no Hyam on 19:11 - Sep 2 by bluesym

The return of Skuse and Hyam is close.....Yay!

That's the worry
Why no Hyam on 09:49 - Sep 3 with 3795 viewsOsborneOneNil

Why no Hyam on 07:03 - Sep 3 by christiand

Can see a midfield 3 of Skuse, Hyam and Downes especially away from home. I don't have anything against Hyam, but I feel his game is very much like Skuse's. If fully fit, does he have enough about him to edge Skuse out of the starting XI, particularly if we are playing 4-4-2? However, playing them both together (in this formation) isn't the most dynamic combination in central midfield and offers little offensively or creatively.

I'd have him in over Skuse, not with him.
Why no Hyam on 10:51 - Sep 3 with 3730 viewsgt81

Why no Hyam on 09:49 - Sep 3 by OsborneOneNil

Unless Mick adopts the seemingly now ubiquitous 4-2-3-1 formation that has two holding players in front of the defence.

Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.
Why no Hyam on 11:47 - Sep 3 with 3655 viewsCurrie10

Sounds like McDonnell is a little like Benyu - admitted that last year was a waste of his career, pleased he has perhaps he can move forwards. I'm sure I read on here McDonnell was thought of as highly as Bishop, just the tape that stopped him playing for a long time. Seems we've got a good batch coming through now, just a shame a few of them clearly could have given more / better attitude the past 24 months. Oh well, the past is the past lets hope he flourishes.

As for Hyam. Not a massive fan to be honest, however he does add energy / bite and that's something I think at times we lack. We can be a little powderpuff, surprisingly so for a McCarthy side too. Hyam's technical / passing ability however as we all know isn't the greatest however I'd rather have him fit and available for selection than not.

Perhaps he's learned more about distribution the past 18 months. I hope so!

Never understand people comparing Hyam with Skuse though. Totally different players.
Why no Hyam on 12:33 - Sep 3 with 3610 viewsLankHenners

Why no Hyam on 09:49 - Sep 3 by OsborneOneNil

Do you really dislike Skuse that much that you'd rather have a worse player in there instead? Barmy.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Why no Hyam on 13:27 - Sep 3 with 3542 viewsOsborneOneNil

Why no Hyam on 12:33 - Sep 3 by LankHenners

Do you really dislike Skuse that much that you'd rather have a worse player in there instead? Barmy.

I don't particularly rate either of them, but at least Hyam plays with a level of intensity, passion.

All being well we'd have a player of better quality in there and not have to debate who's the poorest of Skuse and Hyam.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024