Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BA or Virgin 19:48 - Sep 3 with 14521 viewsDeano69

For a flight to Miami? Not a lot of difference in price, who would you choose? Reasons would also be greatly appreciated.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 19:52]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

BA or Virgin on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 7858 viewsSitfcB

Virgin all the way...!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BA or Virgin on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 7852 viewsTractorWood

Virgin.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

BA or Virgin on 19:51 - Sep 3 with 7852 viewsDeano69

BA or Virgin on 19:50 - Sep 3 by SitfcB

Virgin all the way...!

Any particular reason?

BA or Virgin on 19:52 - Sep 3 with 7844 viewsxrayspecs

Virgin - every time.
BA or Virgin on 19:57 - Sep 3 with 7823 viewsSitfcB

BA or Virgin on 19:51 - Sep 3 by Deano69

Any particular reason?

I'm not a confident flyer at all, but the two times I've used Virgin, to Vegas, I've really enjoyed it, bar the take off and the landing ha.

Great in-flight entertainment, great service and nice planes. I've never actually flown with BA, but from what I've seen heard, I don't think I'd have had as good of an experience with them.

Everyone I ask always says Virgin.

EDIT: Technically 4 times I suppose....!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 20:09]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BA or Virgin on 20:00 - Sep 3 with 7809 viewsxrayspecs

BA or Virgin on 19:51 - Sep 3 by Deano69

Any particular reason?

Virign do customer service.

BA used to do this well but now average at best.
BA or Virgin on 20:00 - Sep 3 with 7805 viewsStokieBlue

Virgin is simply miles better.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

BA or Virgin on 20:53 - Sep 3 with 7696 viewsWeWereZombies

It's been a while since I flew with either but Virgin were quite rubbish at sorting out a meal for my intolerance whereas BA were on the case from the off. And I find Branson's popping up on the in-flight entertainment and cajoling you to give money to the charity of his choice a bit annoying.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

BA or Virgin on 21:14 - Sep 3 with 7667 viewsElderGrizzly

I do about 200 flights a year and most with BA, but my answer isn't obvious...

It all depends on the aircraft they are using on the route and what class you are flying. If BA are using their A380, then. In my view they beat Virgin on product.

If they are using their 747s or 777s then go on Virgin. You'll have a nicer and newer product.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 21:14]
BA or Virgin on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 7630 viewsunstableblue

Virgin - BA I'm afraid are struggling.

One caution - I fly Virgin regularly to NY and one downside is they still have some quite old planes with poor TV screens and seats on a few routes. So I try and choose the Dreamliner options. Which is just a great plane.

Miami is a fantastic place - have fun!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

BA or Virgin on 21:26 - Sep 3 with 7623 viewsDeano69

BA or Virgin on 21:25 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

One caution - I fly Virgin regularly to NY and one downside is they still have some quite old planes with poor TV screens and seats on a few routes. So I try and choose the Dreamliner options. Which is just a great plane.

Work sadly so not a huge amount of exploring time. Is there a way of knowing which plane type flies which times?

BA or Virgin on 21:28 - Sep 3 with 7617 viewsElderGrizzly

BA or Virgin on 21:26 - Sep 3 by Deano69

Work sadly so not a huge amount of exploring time. Is there a way of knowing which plane type flies which times?

Yep. Just search for your date and time and it will show you the aircraft type in the detail of the result.

Of course, plane types can change, but not that much. Virgin don't have a huge fleet to swap in.
BA or Virgin on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 7611 viewsbluelou

BA or Virgin on 21:26 - Sep 3 by Deano69

Absolutely, try Seat Guru

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

BA or Virgin on 21:30 - Sep 3 with 7612 viewsElderGrizzly

BA or Virgin on 21:25 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

Virgin have moved almost all their old planes to Gatwick now. No 747s left there for example since last year.

Oldest planes left are the 340-600s, which i think go next year too. Avoid those as these are not a nice plane to fly!
BA or Virgin on 21:35 - Sep 3 with 7592 viewsunstableblue

BA or Virgin on 21:30 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

Virgin have moved almost all their old planes to Gatwick now. No 747s left there for example since last year.

Oldest planes left are the 340-600s, which i think go next year too. Avoid those as these are not a nice plane to fly!

I've been flying Qatar recently, unbelievable service and food. There A380 and A350s just excellent. Their business class is superior to Virgin and Emirates, and miles ahead of BA who are getting left behind when they used to lead.

Ryanair still the most punctual though!!!

BA or Virgin on 21:37 - Sep 3 with 7563 viewsDeano69

BA or Virgin on 21:28 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

Yep. Just search for your date and time and it will show you the aircraft type in the detail of the result.

Of course, plane types can change, but not that much. Virgin don't have a huge fleet to swap in.

Aha. 787-9.

They ok?

BA or Virgin on 21:40 - Sep 3 with 7547 viewsElderGrizzly

BA or Virgin on 21:37 - Sep 3 by Deano69

Aha. 787-9.

They ok?

Very nice. Newest BA product and one of the newest Virgin planes too.

Either would be good imo for that. Virgin tend to be better at the back of the plane if that is where you are.
BA or Virgin on 21:42 - Sep 3 with 7540 viewsDeano69

BA or Virgin on 21:40 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

Very nice. Newest BA product and one of the newest Virgin planes too.

Either would be good imo for that. Virgin tend to be better at the back of the plane if that is where you are.

Brill thanks. Shame upgrades at the checkin desk seem a thing of the past

BA or Virgin on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 7526 viewsElderGrizzly

BA or Virgin on 21:42 - Sep 3 by Deano69

They do still happen, but depends on your status with airline and if they've oversold a cabin normally.

Virgin and BA do fairly often offer paid for upgrades at the desk on that route. Sometimes as low as £100 to Premium Economy and £200 from Premium to Business.
BA or Virgin on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 7523 viewsunstableblue

BA or Virgin on 21:42 - Sep 3 by Deano69

As Elder said you can't fail with that plane on both carriers... have a good trip.

PS - I swear that plane reduced jet lag; all the headroom, air and clever lighting me thinks.

BA or Virgin on 21:48 - Sep 3 with 7523 viewsElderGrizzly

BA or Virgin on 21:46 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

As Elder said you can't fail with that plane on both carriers... have a good trip.

PS - I swear that plane reduced jet lag; all the headroom, air and clever lighting me thinks.

It absolutely will do. Air humidity is much higher on there. No frizzy hair either :)
BA or Virgin on 21:50 - Sep 3 with 7513 viewsDeano69

BA or Virgin on 21:46 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

Came back from trips to Mexico and this year from Costa Rica on dreamliners and despite being awake for 38 hours straight I was not too bad for the following days.

BA or Virgin on 21:53 - Sep 3 with 7501 viewsDeano69

BA or Virgin on 21:46 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

They do still happen, but depends on your status with airline and if they've oversold a cabin normally.

Virgin and BA do fairly often offer paid for upgrades at the desk on that route. Sometimes as low as £100 to Premium Economy and £200 from Premium to Business.

Coming back overnight would be useful to get an upgrade. Travelling in my own with small amount of luggage, might dress a bit smarter than the average tourist and see what happens. Do you know if virgin allow carry on plus a laptop?

BA or Virgin on 22:12 - Sep 3 with 7456 viewsTIB

Virgin. BA's fleet is one of the oldest around now and they seem in general pretty behind other carriers.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

BA or Virgin on 22:26 - Sep 3 with 7421 viewsStokieBlue

BA or Virgin on 21:14 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

I do about 200 flights a year and most with BA, but my answer isn't obvious...

It all depends on the aircraft they are using on the route and what class you are flying. If BA are using their A380, then. In my view they beat Virgin on product.

If they are using their 747s or 777s then go on Virgin. You'll have a nicer and newer product.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 21:14]

On other routes, the Virgin 787 to Hong Kong is excellent.

200 flights is a lot!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024