Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off to Wembley tonight... 09:16 - Sep 4 with 2657 viewshoppy

First time the boys will have seen a game there, so they're looking forward to it. I took them on a stadium tour back in January, which was their first visit, so thought we'd take them there for a World Cup qualifier.
I'm going to struggle to identify a number of the players myself, such is my lack of interest in the Premier League these days, but at least the boys should enjoy it, as will we, no doubt!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Off to Wembley tonight... on 09:20 - Sep 4 with 2641 viewsBluebell

Recommendation....

Don't eat in the ground. Awful food.

Don't be surprised to see half the fans walking out 15 minutes before the end of each half.

Other than that....Enjoy!
Off to Wembley tonight... on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 2630 viewschristiand

Enjoy Hoppy!! The Wembley experience alone is something to behold, even better on big events. My wife and son went to watch Spurs play Burnley the other week and they said it was amazing even with the disappointing result. Before you say it, I have tried to convert them from Spurs fans, but they have been to Portman Road enough to pass judgement that they find our matches 'boring', I just get ridiculed in my own household by those two glory hunters!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Off to Wembley tonight... on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 2614 viewshoppy

Off to Wembley tonight... on 09:23 - Sep 4 by christiand

Enjoy Hoppy!! The Wembley experience alone is something to behold, even better on big events. My wife and son went to watch Spurs play Burnley the other week and they said it was amazing even with the disappointing result. Before you say it, I have tried to convert them from Spurs fans, but they have been to Portman Road enough to pass judgement that they find our matches 'boring', I just get ridiculed in my own household by those two glory hunters!!!

The boys have been with us enough to Portman Road, and we may have even succeeded in converting them, had those meddling Leicester kids not gone and won the Premier League...

The eldest does now work for ITFC on matchdays, and manages to see a fair bit of the game, and he even commented that actually, we'd started the season quite well.

Off to Wembley tonight... on 11:36 - Sep 4 with 2505 viewsFtnfwest

Went to england v scotland in november, very enjoyable for once!
Off to Wembley tonight... on 13:03 - Sep 4 with 2444 views12th_Man

Don't go wembley is cr@p no atmosphere. food is far too expensive. nothing near it to do before match. if getting tube home takes an hour to get down wembley way

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Off to Wembley tonight... on 13:13 - Sep 4 with 2433 viewshoppy

Off to Wembley tonight... on 13:03 - Sep 4 by 12th_Man

Don't go wembley is cr@p no atmosphere. food is far too expensive. nothing near it to do before match. if getting tube home takes an hour to get down wembley way

Blimey... never had you down as Mr Negative...

Off to Wembley tonight... on 13:57 - Sep 4 with 2395 viewsBlueStreak

Off to Wembley tonight... on 13:03 - Sep 4 by 12th_Man

an hour to get down Wembley way?! wtf
Off to Wembley tonight... on 14:00 - Sep 4 with 2392 viewshammo56

Will be there but may very well fall asleep as only got back from Malta late last night.
Hopefully it will be better than Friday but under Southgate I still expect us to be passing backwards and sidewards.
Hope the boys enjoy it.
Login to get fewer ads

on 14:08 - Sep 4 with 2381 views_

Off to Wembley tonight... on 14:11 - Sep 4 with 2374 viewshype313

on 14:08 - Sep 4 by _

Dunno we could get to the final of the Johnstone's paint trophy at somepoint in the near future...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Off to Wembley tonight... on 14:23 - Sep 4 with 2352 views12th_Man

Off to Wembley tonight... on 13:57 - Sep 4 by BlueStreak

an hour to get down Wembley way?! wtf

It takes an hour to walk down wembley way to catch tube after game as stewards let fans past then stoped you to avoid crush

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Off to Wembley tonight... on 15:49 - Sep 4 with 2309 viewschristiand

Off to Wembley tonight... on 14:23 - Sep 4 by 12th_Man

It takes an hour to walk down wembley way to catch tube after game as stewards let fans past then stoped you to avoid crush

Very true 12th man. My wife parked at Wembley for the Spurs game - £40 for the privilege!!! They were out of the congestion and on the their way back home within 30 minutes. Swings and roundabouts I suppose?!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Off to Wembley tonight... on 15:51 - Sep 4 with 2305 viewsRadlett_blue

Off to Wembley tonight... on 14:11 - Sep 4 by hype313

Dunno we could get to the final of the Johnstone's paint trophy at somepoint in the near future...

Not if Mick's still in charge - he doesn't "do cups", remember?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Off to Wembley tonight... on 15:59 - Sep 4 with 2299 viewsSE1blue

My first England match was a WC qualifier in 1992. England 1 Norway 1....when Norway were meant to be rubbish.

Platt put us ahead but Norway scored a belter late on. Went with my Norweigan girlfriend and she went nuts when they scored. Taylor was manager so the atmosphere was already pretty toxic and that didn't help.

Still loved every minute. Night game and national pride (when we had some) was enough for me.

Enjoy it.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Off to Wembley tonight... on 16:52 - Sep 4 with 2254 viewsTendring_Blue

Used to go to quite a few England games at New Wembley as a kid, Its a kids day out really. When I was younger I used to enjoy it. But now it just seems bland, flat and dull. Cant get a drink at UEFA and FIFA events, all over priced anyway.

I think there are serious problems with international football in general but the whole England "experience" is as dull as the team its self.

QPR away is more my style!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024