Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? 18:19 - Sep 4 with 1654 viewsjpring89

Certain veg i find so much easier blending up and drinking as a smoothie. At the moment im mixing spinach, kale, broccoli and avacado. Topped up with almond milk unsweetened. Anyone else do this ?

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:23 - Sep 4 with 1641 viewsvapour_trail

I go through phases, but cleaning the machine is such a faff that I then stick it in the cupboard for a while. After I've cleaned it clearly.

Prefer fruits to veg, which can be a bit rank, but it does feel like you've cleaned yourself out after a few days.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:24 - Sep 4 with 1628 viewsStokieBlue

All those things taste far better well prepared and cooked that they could ever taste blended in a smoothie.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:28 - Sep 4 with 1617 viewsBlue_Order

Yeah, those really annoying girls on Facebook.
Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:32 - Sep 4 with 1613 viewscaught-in-limbo

I use a juicer rather than a blender. Beetroot and spinach are staple components and I usually put the two in together. Beetroot is so "wet" that there's no need for almond milk.

Favourite:
Beetroot + spinach + ginger + celery/kale + cumin root
(add a pear, apple or orange if you need it sweetened up a bit)

Favourite blended drink at the moment is banana + fig + almond milk

#food of the gods

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:52 - Sep 4 with 1574 viewsfactual_blue

Am I right in thinking that blending fruit or veg just destroys much of their nutritional value?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:59 - Sep 4 with 1571 viewscaught-in-limbo

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:52 - Sep 4 by factual_blue

Am I right in thinking that blending fruit or veg just destroys much of their nutritional value?

No, you'd be wrong. Juicing removes fibre but blending is fine.

Chewing your food also does nothing to destroy a food's nutritional value, in fact it's a very good idea.

#toxic

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 19:14 - Sep 4 with 1549 viewsfactual_blue

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 18:59 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

No, you'd be wrong. Juicing removes fibre but blending is fine.

Chewing your food also does nothing to destroy a food's nutritional value, in fact it's a very good idea.

OK. I didn't even realise there's difference between the two.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 19:15]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 19:26 - Sep 4 with 1532 viewsjas0999

No.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 19:33 - Sep 4 with 1522 viewsvapour_trail

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 19:26 - Sep 4 by jas0999

No.

Are you quite sure?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 19:40 - Sep 4 with 1511 viewsDubtractor

No, but at a festival at the weekend there was a juice stall selling juices made from random mixes of fruit and veg.

Every one I tried gave a significant, and sustained, energy boost. Damn useful as a pick me up and especially for the drive home last night.

Best one included carrot, orange, ginger and apple.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 20:23 - Sep 4 with 1478 viewscaught-in-limbo

Does anyone blend their vegetables up and drink them here ? on 19:14 - Sep 4 by factual_blue

OK. I didn't even realise there's difference between the two.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 19:15]

Liquifying (smoothies) have been in for a long time but there's a whole world of juicing out there for you. I'm not taking the pith.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024