Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR 17:49 - Sep 5 with 7647 viewstextbackup

Which one player are you most gutted to have not seen play at Portman Road (oposition) in our 16 year absence from the top league?

I'd probably say Rooney in his prime. Pretty sure he's never played here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 17:53 - Sep 5 with 6884 viewsTractorCam

Unrelated to the question but as i just missed our last stint in the prem i'd say Thierry Henry

From the current crop i'd say Aguero

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 17:53 - Sep 5 with 6875 viewsGlasgowBlue

George Best. Saw Cruyff though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:00 - Sep 5 with 6853 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aguero for me

Or Gerrard

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:04 - Sep 5 with 6844 viewstextbackup

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 17:53 - Sep 5 by TractorCam

Unrelated to the question but as i just missed our last stint in the prem i'd say Thierry Henry

From the current crop i'd say Aguero

Never forget giggs running by us in cobbold lower, had like him for years as a kid, it was awesome to see

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:15 - Sep 5 with 6806 viewsJ2BLUE

van Wolfswinkel. Would have been brilliant.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:29 - Sep 5 with 6783 viewsSwansea_Blue

PL players we've 'missed' over the last 16 years? Probably a wizard on the ball like Modric or someone to get bums of seats like Ronaldo, Hazard or Bale.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:33 - Sep 5 with 6771 viewsSitfcB

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:00 - Sep 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Aguero for me

Or Gerrard

We will see Aguero next year.

Luckily I went to the England game at PR in 03 so saw a few star names!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:44 - Sep 5 with 6734 viewsITFC_Forever

Aguero.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:58 - Sep 5 with 6698 viewsWD19

Vincent Janssen.
Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:59 - Sep 5 with 6686 viewsIllinoisblue

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:00 - Sep 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Aguero for me

Or Gerrard

wasn't Gerrard playing when we lost 6-0 at home to them in the relegation year?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:09 - Sep 5 with 6666 viewsIllinoisblue

Aguero for me

Or Gerrard

he was playing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1806743.stm

62 - 78 - 81

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:26 - Sep 5 with 6627 viewstextbackup

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:09 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

he was playing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1806743.stm

Romford was probably still in nappies

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:50 - Sep 5 with 6588 viewsBlueBadger

On the grounds that he was at his peak at the time and it was theorretically possible had we made the CL in 2001, Zidane. Best player of the last 20 years as far as I'm concerned.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:53 - Sep 5 with 6574 viewsghostofescobar

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 17:53 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

Wonder if anyone on TWTD did see Best in a Town shirt at PR in 1979 for Sir Bobby's testimonial?

GhostOfEscobar

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 20:09 - Sep 5 with 6535 viewsIllinoisblue

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:26 - Sep 5 by textbackup

and uttering his first words: "two quid on Trap 3 in the 8:17 at Romford"

62 - 78 - 81

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 20:39 - Sep 5 with 6492 viewsArnieM

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 17:53 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

I've seen em both PR I'm sure I have !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 20:40 - Sep 5 with 6492 viewsGeoffSentence

Riki Van Wolfswinkel.

I would have loved to have seen some of his comedy gold at FPR.

Edit: oops was beaten to it.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 20:46]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 21:03 - Sep 5 with 6449 viewsnoggin

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:53 - Sep 5 by ghostofescobar

Wonder if anyone on TWTD did see Best in a Town shirt at PR in 1979 for Sir Bobby's testimonial?

I did.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 22:01 - Sep 5 with 6362 viewsimsureazzure

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:53 - Sep 5 by ghostofescobar

Yep.
Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 22:35 - Sep 5 with 6297 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 19:26 - Sep 5 by textbackup

I'd have been 3 when that game was played

You lucky barstards got to see us in the Prem!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 22:45 - Sep 5 with 6280 viewsMelford

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 22:35 - Sep 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I'd have been 3 when that game was played

You lucky barstards got to see us in the Prem!

I feel for you youngsters. My G/F was pregnant with her last kid at Wembley in 2000. Anyone of that generation has seen no Ipswich success, even us late 30 somethings saw us go up twice.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 05:13 - Sep 6 with 6187 viewsCurrie10

Aguero for me

Or Gerrard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/england/3163143.stm

Gerrard represented England at Portman Road
Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 05:57 - Sep 6 with 6171 viewsgerard1947

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 18:59 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

wasn't Gerrard playing when we lost 6-0 at home to them in the relegation year?

Remember that game well. After a terrible start and looking nailed on for the drop we hit a run of decent form and pulled clear of the relegation zone. Then we played Liverpool at home. Gerrard did play in this game, and how, best player on the pitch. That defeat took the wind from our sails and we we're relegated.

This post got me thinking who I have seen at PR. Stanley Matthews, playing for Stoke, he was in his 40s. Johny Haynes, Fulham, I tried to get his autograph and he told us to p... off. Dennis Law, probably the best striker I'd seen at PR. He destroyed us in a cup game I seem to remember.
Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 06:11 - Sep 6 with 6162 viewscarlisleaway

Saw Stanley Matthews at PR
Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 06:45 - Sep 6 with 6148 viewsWeWereZombies

Oposition players we've not & wont see at PR on 20:39 - Sep 5 by ArnieM

I've seen em both PR I'm sure I have !

I saw George Best play for Man Utd. at PR towards the end of his time with them and when he was no longer at his best, although our defenders had a lot to do with that. Every time Best had a run along the wing towards the North Stand a dozen or more girls fainted and had to be carried out on stretchers by the St. John's Ambulance Brigade. 1969 or 1970 it was.

Johanns Cruyff and Neeskens I think each played twice at PR in the UEFA cup (or was one a Cup-Winners Cup game?) home games to Barcelona. Again, Cruyff was heavily shackled by our defence but Neeskens shone a bit.

Player I never saw here was of course Pele.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024