Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London footballers? 16:22 - Sep 6 with 1948 viewsollie_smith2001

Hi guys - myself and another Town fan have recently moved back from Sydney, and we're launching a London side under our Sydney team's umbrella.

The club was/is incredibly successful in Sydney, winning various titles and cups (including the equivalent of the FA Vase) less than 5 years after being born. We also had a short doco made about us by Fox Sports (Sky's equivalent) that was broadcast at HT during the FA Cup Semi Final last year:

If anyone in London fancies joining a new team, and is a decent standard, please get in touch.

Here's our 'press release'

Looking for a Football Club in London?

London Gorillas are looking to add players to our squad ahead of the 2017/18 season. Playing in the Wimbledon and District League on Saturdays, we are a team that was born in Sydney, Australia, six years ago.

In our six year history we have been multiple trophy winners and even reached the sixth round of qualifying for the FFA Cup in Australia. Made up largely of European expats, our Sydney outfit now has four teams playing in the Eastern Suburbs League.

We're now launching our first London club, under the management of Adam Burns, Matthew Winter, Ollie Smith and Matthew Clark.

We will be training once a week somewhere in Central London, venue TBC, and we will play our home games out of Clapham Common.

We take the social side of running a club, just as serious as we take our football. We love a Saturday social and will be having a number of club socials, plus a mid-season weekend in Amsterdam.

Here's a Fox Sports Story about our FFA Cup journey

If you're keen to become a London Gorilla, please email londongorillas@gmail.com or text Burnsy on 07867930702.
London footballers? on 16:24 - Sep 6 with 1923 viewshype313

Ahh, I lived in Pyrmont and spent loads of time kicking a ball about on that bit of green opposite the fish market.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

London footballers? on 17:23 - Sep 6 with 1805 viewsKeaneish

I'm the other side of London in Hackney and currently doing some rehab work on my knee but all being well, i think i have a few years left in me. Played at a decent standard for a lot of years, same standard as you guys by the sounds of it but only ever making it as far as the quarter finals of the FA Vase. Played a level higher for a brief time (Southern League level), also at Bristol City YTS.

Gave up playing a year or so ago to concentrate on boxing but could probably get back into it all being well with my knee over the next few weeks. Lets see how some training sessions go. Will ping you a message on the number provided.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

London footballers? on 14:06 - Sep 8 with 1456 viewsollie_smith2001

London footballers? on 17:23 - Sep 6 by Keaneish

I'm the other side of London in Hackney and currently doing some rehab work on my knee but all being well, i think i have a few years left in me. Played at a decent standard for a lot of years, same standard as you guys by the sounds of it but only ever making it as far as the quarter finals of the FA Vase. Played a level higher for a brief time (Southern League level), also at Bristol City YTS.

Gave up playing a year or so ago to concentrate on boxing but could probably get back into it all being well with my knee over the next few weeks. Lets see how some training sessions go. Will ping you a message on the number provided.

Awesome Keaneish! Hope to see you soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024