Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge? 13:23 - Sep 7 with 8943 viewsMeadowlark

Off to Cambridge for the weekend with the Mrs. Been before obvs, but not for a while. Any must do's and any recommended pubs for good ale and/or decent grub?
Fitzwilliam is on the agenda already.
Cambridge? on 13:40 - Sep 7 with 6524 viewsGogs

Was there the other week. Cambridge blue and the maypole well worth a look if you're anywhere nearby
Cambridge? on 13:41 - Sep 7 with 6519 viewshype313

Midsummer house for food if you really fancy pushing the boat out (or punt)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cambridge? on 13:46 - Sep 7 with 6507 viewsStenvict

Must: Pop yourself on the train to Kings X and get to QPR away.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Cambridge? on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 6502 viewsCambonbleu

Sticks N Sushi is a brilliant restaurant - we went last night.

For beer I do like the pint shop, there's some great pubs down by the river also. For a snack or a coffee, Aromi is brilliant it's worth the queuing

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Cambridge? on 14:10 - Sep 7 with 6469 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 13:40 - Sep 7 by Gogs

Was there the other week. Cambridge blue and the maypole well worth a look if you're anywhere nearby

Thanks. made a note.
Cambridge? on 14:11 - Sep 7 with 6466 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 13:41 - Sep 7 by hype313

Midsummer house for food if you really fancy pushing the boat out (or punt)

OK. I'll look it up. Ta
Cambridge? on 14:12 - Sep 7 with 6460 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 13:46 - Sep 7 by Stenvict

Must: Pop yourself on the train to Kings X and get to QPR away.

Hah. Wouldn't get away with it. Had to pick an away fixture date.
Cambridge? on 14:12 - Sep 7 with 6457 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 13:51 - Sep 7 by Cambonbleu

Sticks N Sushi is a brilliant restaurant - we went last night.

For beer I do like the pint shop, there's some great pubs down by the river also. For a snack or a coffee, Aromi is brilliant it's worth the queuing

The Pint Shop? I'll look it up. Not a big fan of sushi though.
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge? on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 6426 viewsFreddies_Ears

Cambridge? on 14:12 - Sep 7 by Meadowlark

The Pint Shop? I'll look it up. Not a big fan of sushi though.

Pint shop only does expensive keg, but it's worth dropping in. Echo the Maypole and the Cambridge Blue as the standout pubs.

If you hit the Pint Shop, then have a good look at the road opposite, called "Peas Hill" - and try to work out which direction the slope runs.

If you're not museumed out, the Scott Polar Research Institute on Lensfield Road is superb.
Cambridge? on 14:57 - Sep 7 with 6420 viewsVillageBlue

Last time we went there we visited the Polar museum at the Scott Polar Research Institute. Quite interesting and free if I remember right.
Cambridge? on 15:09 - Sep 7 with 6408 viewsbracknell_blue

Cambridge? on 13:40 - Sep 7 by Gogs

Agree about the Maypole. Good food, good choice of ale in good condition and not too full of tourists. Don't forget the Cambridge Blue, which isn't far from the station, if i's good ale you want.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Cambridge? on 15:20 - Sep 7 with 6385 viewsBLUEBEAT

Elm Tree pub (Elm St/Eden St) has the best range of Belgian beers and speciality ciders in the city.

Poll: W or W

Cambridge? on 15:20 - Sep 7 with 6383 viewsSmithy

Lots of good food stalls in the market now

Maharajah on Castle Street is great if fancy a curry

Itsu is always good in Town

Botanic Garden is good while a walk along the "Backs" is always good, or take a punt to see the sights!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Cambridge? on 15:22 - Sep 7 with 6379 viewshoppy

I hope you and Mrs. Been both enjoy yourselves.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Cambridge? on 16:39 - Sep 7 with 6328 viewsBOjK

I'd recommend the Cambridge Brew House on King Street for food/drink. The pint shop gets rave reviews but I've never got on with it myself.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Cambridge? on 17:03 - Sep 7 with 6312 viewsBurwell_Blue

I live near Cambridge and can't understand the fascination with the place. I am glad to get out of it.

However, as already mentioned, The Cambridge Blue is worth a visit and the best pubs are off Mill Road but perhaps not interesting enough if you don't like proper ale.

If sticking to the town centre have a look at the Castle on, surprise, Castle Street, it is opposite a good curry house as mentioned earlier - Maharajah

I have been meaning to try http://www.smokeworks.co.uk/ which is opposite the Eagle where the whole DNA thing was 'discovered' and where WW2 who wrote on the ceiling with their Zippos can still be seen.
Cambridge? on 17:07 - Sep 7 with 6305 viewshype313

Cambridge? on 17:03 - Sep 7 by Burwell_Blue

I live near Cambridge and can't understand the fascination with the place. I am glad to get out of it.

However, as already mentioned, The Cambridge Blue is worth a visit and the best pubs are off Mill Road but perhaps not interesting enough if you don't like proper ale.

If sticking to the town centre have a look at the Castle on, surprise, Castle Street, it is opposite a good curry house as mentioned earlier - Maharajah

I have been meaning to try http://www.smokeworks.co.uk/ which is opposite the Eagle where the whole DNA thing was 'discovered' and where WW2 who wrote on the ceiling with their Zippos can still be seen.

I went to Smokeworks a while back, was ok but nothing to write home about.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cambridge? on 17:08 - Sep 7 with 6297 viewsArcher4721

Great place to steal a bike.
Cambridge? on 17:09 - Sep 7 with 6293 viewsBurwell_Blue

Cambridge? on 17:07 - Sep 7 by hype313

I went to Smokeworks a while back, was ok but nothing to write home about.

Is that so? Thats a shame. They do a takeaway service I think, so I will try that first.
Cambridge? on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 6280 viewsWeWereZombies

I went in The Old Spring on the north side of the river a couple of times this summer, decent food and not too pricey by Cambridge standards:

http://www.theoldspring.co.uk

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cambridge? on 17:42 - Sep 7 with 6274 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 14:54 - Sep 7 by Freddies_Ears

Pint shop only does expensive keg, but it's worth dropping in. Echo the Maypole and the Cambridge Blue as the standout pubs.

If you hit the Pint Shop, then have a good look at the road opposite, called "Peas Hill" - and try to work out which direction the slope runs.

If you're not museumed out, the Scott Polar Research Institute on Lensfield Road is superb.

Excellent. Thanks!
Cambridge? on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 6270 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 15:22 - Sep 7 by hoppy

I hope you and Mrs. Been both enjoy yourselves.

ooh err. Just seen that. Better not show Mrs M!
Cambridge? on 17:49 - Sep 7 with 6264 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 17:03 - Sep 7 by Burwell_Blue

I have been in the Blue before but not for a while. Big garden backing onto a cemetery? I love proper ale.
If I'm in this country I'll seek out nice real ales rather than drinking Belgian beers. I can drink them if I'm in Belgravia or where ever it is they come from....
The Eagle sounds interesting. Real Ale there too do you know?
Cambridge? on 17:50 - Sep 7 with 6262 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 17:08 - Sep 7 by Archer4721

Great place to steal a bike.

We'll be taking ours, so I hope not!
Cambridge? on 17:50 - Sep 7 with 6259 viewsMeadowlark

Cambridge? on 17:35 - Sep 7 by WeWereZombies

I went in The Old Spring on the north side of the river a couple of times this summer, decent food and not too pricey by Cambridge standards:

http://www.theoldspring.co.uk

OK. Thanks. Made a note.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024