Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" 16:15 - Sep 7 with 10694 viewsgiant_stow

terrifying: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nuke-north-korea-now-its-the-only-option/artic

I read the south believes the north will launch another missile on saturday - any chance of it having a nuke on it?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:28 - Sep 7 with 5414 viewsSpruceMoose

"Nuke Norwich now: It's the only option"

Fixed that for you!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:36 - Sep 7 with 5390 viewsgiant_stow

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:28 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

"Nuke Norwich now: It's the only option"

Fixed that for you!

We have a 1000s of artillery pieces all pointing at Ipswich, so don't.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:39 - Sep 7 with 5381 viewsSpruceMoose

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:36 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

I think a good shelling might be just what our waterfront needs! Clear the decks so to speak!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:44 - Sep 7 with 5368 viewsStokieBlue

That's a frankly astonishing article from someone at LSE.

Reads me like a game theory thought exercise than real life.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:47 - Sep 7 with 5347 viewssolemio

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:39 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

I think a good shelling might be just what our waterfront needs! Clear the decks so to speak!

I like our waterfront. Is that allowed?
"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:49 - Sep 7 with 5331 viewsSpruceMoose

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:47 - Sep 7 by solemio

I like our waterfront. Is that allowed?

I guess I meant the winerack really. The rest is rather nice, I agree.

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:53 - Sep 7 with 5318 viewsBOjK

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:44 - Sep 7 by StokieBlue

That's a frankly astonishing article from someone at LSE.

Reads me like a game theory thought exercise than real life.

SB

Utterly bonkers article, with no understanding of the vulnerability of South Korea in the middle of all this. Massively populated. Hugely developed. Seoul is very close to the border and would be hugely impacted by (at best) fallout and (at worst) retialiatory action.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:05 - Sep 7 with 5288 viewsgiant_stow

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:53 - Sep 7 by BOjK

Utterly bonkers article, with no understanding of the vulnerability of South Korea in the middle of all this. Massively populated. Hugely developed. Seoul is very close to the border and would be hugely impacted by (at best) fallout and (at worst) retialiatory action.

I nearly spat my beer out when i read it, but hes apparently a professor and probably indicative of how some are thinking. "Lets do em' now because a combo of the history of nuclear near-misses and geography make a nuclear war certain in any case" - wow.

Login to get fewer ads

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:08 - Sep 7 with 5287 viewsGuthrum

Insanity.

And no, there's no chance the missile will be nuclear-tipped. An atmospheric test of a missile-delivered warhead would cross red lines for so many people (including China), that it would be to invite immediate disaster.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:12 - Sep 7 with 5275 viewsgiant_stow

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:08 - Sep 7 by Guthrum

Insanity.

And no, there's no chance the missile will be nuclear-tipped. An atmospheric test of a missile-delivered warhead would cross red lines for so many people (including China), that it would be to invite immediate disaster.

Do you not think they might be tempted to prove that they can combine the whole thing and point it at the ocean somewhere? Not doubting you, but it seems the logical final step for them.

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:18 - Sep 7 with 5259 viewsStokieBlue

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:12 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

Do you not think they might be tempted to prove that they can combine the whole thing and point it at the ocean somewhere? Not doubting you, but it seems the logical final step for them.

It most certainly would be the final step for them.

Possibly not in the way they wanted though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:18 - Sep 7 with 5256 viewsGuthrum

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:12 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

No. Short of launching something directly at Seoul or Guam, it would be the fastest way of Kim Jong Un being removed from power - probably by the Chinese to preempt the USA doing it.

(No subject) on 17:21 - Sep 7 with 5248 viewsgiant_stow

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:18 - Sep 7 by StokieBlue

It most certainly would be the final step for them.

Possibly not in the way they wanted though.

SB

fair enough, but why is that? I'm probably being dumb, but if they've done the icbm bit and huge nuke test bit, why does putting them together change everything? Is it just that final removal of doubt for everyone else?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 17:22]

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:26 - Sep 7 with 5228 viewsvapour_trail

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 16:36 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

Empty threat. We all know your artillery piece is pointed at your sister. Who is also your auntie.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

(No subject) on 17:31 - Sep 7 with 5214 viewsGuthrum

(No subject) on 17:21 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

fair enough, but why is that? I'm probably being dumb, but if they've done the icbm bit and huge nuke test bit, why does putting them together change everything? Is it just that final removal of doubt for everyone else?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 17:22]

There's a big difference between an underground test, which limits radiation leakage and an open-air detonation, spreading fallout over a wide area. Against all sorts of international laws. Not to mention being grossly provocative.

It's also not sensible from a testing point of view. Other countries can gain a lot of info about the materials and internal workings of a nuclear weapon by gathering and analysing samples. Very embarrassing and wasteful of scarce materials if something goes wrong. Also, I strongly suspect the pictures shown on NK tv were not the actual test device.

(No subject) on 17:34 - Sep 7 with 5202 viewsgiant_stow

(No subject) on 17:31 - Sep 7 by Guthrum

There's a big difference between an underground test, which limits radiation leakage and an open-air detonation, spreading fallout over a wide area. Against all sorts of international laws. Not to mention being grossly provocative.

It's also not sensible from a testing point of view. Other countries can gain a lot of info about the materials and internal workings of a nuclear weapon by gathering and analysing samples. Very embarrassing and wasteful of scarce materials if something goes wrong. Also, I strongly suspect the pictures shown on NK tv were not the actual test device.

interesting stuff ta.

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:37 - Sep 7 with 5194 viewsgiant_stow

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:26 - Sep 7 by vapour_trail

Empty threat. We all know your artillery piece is pointed at your sister. Who is also your auntie.

very kind of you to call it my artillery piece - mrs ullaa just dismisses it as my 'dinkle'

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:38 - Sep 7 with 5188 viewsSpruceMoose

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:37 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

very kind of you to call it my artillery piece - mrs ullaa just dismisses it as my 'dinkle'

She said to me she called it spudgun

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:52 - Sep 7 with 5168 viewsgiant_stow

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:38 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

She said to me she called it spudgun

Yours must be bigger then.

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 18:02 - Sep 7 with 5154 viewsSpruceMoose

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 17:52 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

Yours must be bigger then.

Pea shooter!

(No subject) on 18:33 - Sep 7 with 5119 viewsYaffle

This fellow from the 'Chief Economists Department' at LSE has written possibly the worst piece of 'journalism' I have had the misfortune to read in a very long time. In the interest of balance, I found this an entirely more rational and considered perspective.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/09/06/end-games-the-apocalyptic-trope-that-swa

"...even if there were some kind of war between the US and North Korea, it would not remotely lead to anything like the “end of the world.” The US has thousands of immediately launchable nuclear weapons; North Korea has, er, none. And even if you believe Pyongyang’s propaganda (and if you swallow it about their nuclear weapons program, why not believe their BS about the happy workers’ paradise they have there?), you’re still left with the fact that North Korea might be able to put a weapon on a missile at some point in the future. OK, then they could possibly lob this missile (or heck, two or three of them, maybe) in the direction of the United States — which, we assume, would just stand back and watch this happen, despite having North Korea absolutely blanketed with surveillance and having the ability to destroy any launcher the instant it reared skyward. And then North Korea would be obliterated by a US retaliation."
"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 19:27 - Sep 7 with 5045 viewsSteve_M

It's the 'more guns makes everyone safer' argument taken to its illogical conclusion.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 21:08 - Sep 7 with 4962 viewscaught-in-limbo

Bookmarked

#LSE
#WEx
#LOL
#OMG
#SOS

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 22:05 - Sep 7 with 4886 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see Trumpy wumpy is softening his position a bit: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/07/donald-trump-north-korea-military-

I was listening to an interview with Eliot Cohen (former State Department advisor) this morning who was most damning of any consideration of preemptive action against N Korea, and about the potential impact of more former military generals in the administration. And this is from a staunch conservative and supporter of the Iraq War.

I mention that because he described trump as "a rotten character. A liar, a bully, an ignoramus and a demagogue. And that's just the beginning of the list. He is a reprehensible human being.". A great description I thought!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 10:27 - Sep 8 with 4713 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Nuke North Korea now: It's the only option" on 22:05 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

I see Trumpy wumpy is softening his position a bit: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/07/donald-trump-north-korea-military-

I was listening to an interview with Eliot Cohen (former State Department advisor) this morning who was most damning of any consideration of preemptive action against N Korea, and about the potential impact of more former military generals in the administration. And this is from a staunch conservative and supporter of the Iraq War.

I mention that because he described trump as "a rotten character. A liar, a bully, an ignoramus and a demagogue. And that's just the beginning of the list. He is a reprehensible human being.". A great description I thought!

I strongly recommend https://consortiumnews.com for news on North Korea at present. The independent journalists who comment on North Korea are streets ahead of anything coming from the Guardian or the BBC at present.

Definitely worth a look.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024