Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. 18:01 - Sep 7 with 1573 viewsgainsboroughblue

Still more questions than answers about our batting ahead of the Ashes.

Sounds pretty helpful bowling conditions mind.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 18:18 - Sep 7 with 1550 viewsSteve_M

It is bloody dark outside though, been pretty crap for batting most of the afternoon. And the ball to Cook was excellent. Not really sure what Root was doing though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 19:32 - Sep 7 with 1510 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 18:18 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

It is bloody dark outside though, been pretty crap for batting most of the afternoon. And the ball to Cook was excellent. Not really sure what Root was doing though.

Wasn't a bad old day to go. Lottery for batting really. Still would rather be in our position as it will only take one reasonable partnership to get a bit of a lead. Westley and cook looked as if they had just about played themselves in. The roar for Anderson on those last couple of overs for each delivery was amazing.
Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 20:24 - Sep 7 with 1480 viewsSteve_M

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 19:32 - Sep 7 by Ftnfwest

Wasn't a bad old day to go. Lottery for batting really. Still would rather be in our position as it will only take one reasonable partnership to get a bit of a lead. Westley and cook looked as if they had just about played themselves in. The roar for Anderson on those last couple of overs for each delivery was amazing.

Just been watching the highlights, how did he not take a wicket with one of those balls??

Yes, one good session tomorrow and England end up well ahead. Assuming the rain holds off that is.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 20:30 - Sep 7 with 1472 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 20:24 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

Just been watching the highlights, how did he not take a wicket with one of those balls??

Yes, one good session tomorrow and England end up well ahead. Assuming the rain holds off that is.

It just seemed lined up for 5 for stokes and 500 for jimmy but there you go. Roland jones bowled well as well and broad was luckless again. Stokes was unreal and he was probably the most assured looking batsman as well on the England side although almost got set, just got out to a pearler.
Impressed with roach, thought he was excellent, holder a bit more fortunate to get wickets. Gabriel up at 93mph in that light can't have been too much fun.
Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 07:26 - Sep 8 with 1399 viewschristiand

Crap conditions for batting, the bowlers were making the ball go round corners.

Still feel both Stoneman and Westley could be in trouble. Westley's frailties have been exposed and the West Indies have decent bowlers, the Aussies are another level. I was hoping Westley would be the answer at no.3, as I'm an Essex fan, but sadly I believe this will be his last test. I'd like Vince to be given another go, he looked decent; just failed to capitalise on a decent starts. The opening spot seems a problem but feel the England selectors are just waiting for Hameed to get back into form for Lancashire. He scored a determined 88 against Essex; is he too similar to Cook? The runs won't come fluently from those two - both determined characters though.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 07:31 - Sep 8 with 1393 viewschristiand

Cricket. Eng 19-3 in reply. on 20:30 - Sep 7 by Ftnfwest

It just seemed lined up for 5 for stokes and 500 for jimmy but there you go. Roland jones bowled well as well and broad was luckless again. Stokes was unreal and he was probably the most assured looking batsman as well on the England side although almost got set, just got out to a pearler.
Impressed with roach, thought he was excellent, holder a bit more fortunate to get wickets. Gabriel up at 93mph in that light can't have been too much fun.

Stokes could get in England's test side as a batsman the way he is playing. I always feel confident with him and Baistow at the crease always feel they will score runs for us.

I like the look of West Indies bowling unit, I just wonder if they could entice Sunil Narine to play test cricket again? They'd have a bit of everything with that attack.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024