Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse 16:11 - Sep 9 with 9891 viewscrunchie1978

Surely when your 2nil down you'd take him off as he offers nothing from an attacking standpoint to get us back in the game.
Skuse on 16:21 - Sep 9 with 7134 viewsCoco

Im sorry but he offers mothing full stop. Unless you're a football purist of course. Lolz

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Skuse on 16:28 - Sep 9 with 7101 viewsgibbsm1

I always think he is a 'pretend' DMC. As that's the only explanation as to why he gets picked. Off the pace always, can't dictate tempo, pass and isn't physical enough either
Skuse on 16:34 - Sep 9 with 7044 viewsgt81

Skuse on 16:28 - Sep 9 by gibbsm1

I always think he is a 'pretend' DMC. As that's the only explanation as to why he gets picked. Off the pace always, can't dictate tempo, pass and isn't physical enough either

But he's a proper bloke is Skusey
Skuse on 16:36 - Sep 9 with 7014 viewsJ2BLUE

When we have a makeshift central defence and a debutant at full back?

I know there's the nothing to lose argument but it sounds like suicide. The other 5 players should be doing the attacking leaving Skuse, the defence and the keeper to deal with their attacks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Skuse on 16:37 - Sep 9 with 7007 viewsgibbsm1

Skuse on 16:34 - Sep 9 by gt81

But he's a proper bloke is Skusey

There will be some stick soon for not understanding the role of a holding midfielder?
on 16:40 - Sep 9 with 6957 views_

Skuse on 16:37 - Sep 9 by gibbsm1

There will be some stick soon for not understanding the role of a holding midfielder?

Skuse on 16:45 - Sep 9 with 6959 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 16:36 - Sep 9 by J2BLUE

I know there's the nothing to lose argument but it sounds like suicide. The other 5 players should be doing the attacking leaving Skuse, the defence and the keeper to deal with their attacks.

Skuse couldn't of been THAT good considering we are already 2 down.
Skuse on 16:46 - Sep 9 with 6948 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 16:21 - Sep 9 by Coco

Im sorry but he offers mothing full stop. Unless you're a football purist of course. Lolz

Don't be sorry I've been saying it 4 years...but then I know nothing about football and his defensive qualities.
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse on 16:49 - Sep 9 with 6926 viewsJ2BLUE

Skuse on 16:45 - Sep 9 by crunchie1978

Can't argue with that logic

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Skuse on 17:19 - Sep 9 with 6842 viewsstantheman

Skuse on 16:45 - Sep 9 by crunchie1978

Yeah, remember he is the only one on the pitch who is reponsible to stop the opposition scoring.
Skuse on 17:35 - Sep 9 with 6801 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 17:19 - Sep 9 by stantheman

Yeah, remember he is the only one on the pitch who is reponsible to stop the opposition scoring.

I'm fully aware it's not just down to him...yet the justification for keeping him on stems from that fact and already conseding 2 goals there's little point keeping him on.
Skuse on 17:43 - Sep 9 with 6780 views3_5_2

Skuse on 16:46 - Sep 9 by crunchie1978

Don't be sorry I've been saying it 4 years...but then I know nothing about football and his defensive qualities.

Now you are making sense

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

on 17:44 - Sep 9 with 6761 views_

Skuse on 17:35 - Sep 9 by crunchie1978

I'm fully aware it's not just down to him...yet the justification for keeping him on stems from that fact and already conseding 2 goals there's little point keeping him on.

Skuse on 17:50 - Sep 9 with 6761 viewstextbackup

we'd play him in CM even if we had a defence of cafu, stam, terry, carlos....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Skuse on 17:56 - Sep 9 with 6745 viewsbraveblue

Keeper, back four and Skuse in front. Been that way for years and we concede goals constantly. Add to that he gives us nothing going forward then what does he do?
Skuse on 18:06 - Sep 9 with 6718 viewsLightningboy

His retirement can't come soon enough for me - thank God he's 32 and not 22.
Skuse on 18:07 - Sep 9 with 6710 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I agree

Ward was the wrong sub. Should've been Skuse.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Skuse on 18:07 - Sep 9 with 6711 viewsLankHenners

Skuse on 17:56 - Sep 9 by braveblue

Keeper, back four and Skuse in front. Been that way for years and we concede goals constantly. Add to that he gives us nothing going forward then what does he do?

Bit harsh considering he was part of the team with one of the best defensive records in the league for 3 seasons.

Harsher still for Skuse to continue to get stick when we lose when it seems pretty obvious that the forward players have been a bit of a let down today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse on 18:10 - Sep 9 with 6695 viewsgt81

Skuse on 18:07 - Sep 9 by LankHenners

Bit harsh considering he was part of the team with one of the best defensive records in the league for 3 seasons.

Harsher still for Skuse to continue to get stick when we lose when it seems pretty obvious that the forward players have been a bit of a let down today.

It's not so much blaming Skuse per se, but in a 4-4-2 he doesn't have the speed or mobility to link the play from back to front.

His role is too limited in the modern game and that we keep using him is really a sign of Mick's limitations in team setup.
Skuse on 18:12 - Sep 9 with 6693 viewsjas0999

Skuse was excellent in our play off season but has got progressively worse. It's at the stage now where he needs to move on, let alone be a guaranteed starter!
Skuse on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 6657 viewscrunchie1978

But at 2 nil down he really doesn't offer you anything in terms of getting you back in the game.
on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 6615 views_

Skuse on 18:28 - Sep 9 by crunchie1978

But at 2 nil down he really doesn't offer you anything in terms of getting you back in the game.

Skuse on 20:34 - Sep 9 with 6515 viewsGarv

Not really harsh considering how defensive we were for those three years.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Skuse on 10:48 - Sep 10 with 6263 viewsLankHenners

Skuse on 20:34 - Sep 9 by Garv

Not really harsh considering how defensive we were for those three years.

That doesn't make sense and you're just setting up a lose-lose situation so you can have a moan.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse on 10:57 - Sep 10 with 6242 viewspatrickswell

I think at 2-0 down with the game getting stretched and the third goal vital, the last thing you want to do is leave yourself light on cover at the back when you're chasing the game. Neither Skuse or Downes got hold of the midfield in the second half, but it's pointless to single out Skuse when the men in front of him all were either anonymous or wasteful when they got on the ball. Seriously, McGoldrick had possibly the poorest game I've seen from him in terms of decision making yesterday and Ward was nearly as bad. Garner worked hard but let his frustrations get the better of him and Waghorn couldn't get in the game at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024