Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it 17:55 - Sep 9 with 3157 viewstextbackup

but just as the mick inners get ready to w*nk silly over negative posts even they know its very unlikely MM will.

so slow to react to it not going right on the pitch, been said many a times, but the absolutely insane decision to not get in a CB is going to bite him right in the arse.

really hope august isn't undone by this decision

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:02 - Sep 9 with 3108 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not being negative because overall our start has been great but I think Ryorry was on to something when she said she was surprised that MM hadn't looked up the measurements of the pitch. I wouldn't expect him to do that for every game but when he has pointed it out in a press conference it's really odd not to follow through on it. How long would it take to look it up and measure out the pitch? People will say it's a minor thing and it might be but we need every advantage we can get. Small things like that will make a difference. I just find it odd.

Agree on the CB. People can say we had one in the door etc and they're right but where was plan b? Perhaps with 3 CBs out we should have been targeting two CBs as cover. Bringing in another full back is a bit odd even if we do have our full backs covering CB.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:09 - Sep 9 with 3070 viewstextbackup

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:02 - Sep 9 by J2BLUE

I'm not being negative because overall our start has been great but I think Ryorry was on to something when she said she was surprised that MM hadn't looked up the measurements of the pitch. I wouldn't expect him to do that for every game but when he has pointed it out in a press conference it's really odd not to follow through on it. How long would it take to look it up and measure out the pitch? People will say it's a minor thing and it might be but we need every advantage we can get. Small things like that will make a difference. I just find it odd.

Agree on the CB. People can say we had one in the door etc and they're right but where was plan b? Perhaps with 3 CBs out we should have been targeting two CBs as cover. Bringing in another full back is a bit odd even if we do have our full backs covering CB.

MM wouldn't even consider something like that, really don't believe he's thorough enough in his planning. example I use time after time is the Bristol city goals from other season, two corner routines from Flint, our players didn't have a clue what was going on.

as the injured players return he has some massive decisions to make, wide men must play in their positions, forwards as forwards, full backs as full backs (although obviously know why they aren't currently)

I cellina and rowe stay fit, with downes nydam big tom etc then I honestly don't see a place for skuse, not digging him out, but its so obvious at times that the limited player he is really holds us back from doing something special.

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:14 - Sep 9 with 3045 viewsLankHenners

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:09 - Sep 9 by textbackup

MM wouldn't even consider something like that, really don't believe he's thorough enough in his planning. example I use time after time is the Bristol city goals from other season, two corner routines from Flint, our players didn't have a clue what was going on.

as the injured players return he has some massive decisions to make, wide men must play in their positions, forwards as forwards, full backs as full backs (although obviously know why they aren't currently)

I cellina and rowe stay fit, with downes nydam big tom etc then I honestly don't see a place for skuse, not digging him out, but its so obvious at times that the limited player he is really holds us back from doing something special.

Think Skuse is still useful especially away from home (obviously today we were below par defensively and particularly going forwards), but once Huws is back, a midfield of him, Adeyemi and Downes/Nydam at home could be exciting.

Mick needs to also decide what to do with his forward line. If we have 2 in the midfield middle, then it needs to be actual wingers out wide (preferably Celina and then one of Rowe/Ward), with McGoldrick and probably Garner up front. We had an issue when he kept trying to shoehorn at least 3 of Murphy/McGoldrick/Pitman/Sears into a line-up and we looked disjointed, and we could be in danger of doing the same again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:16 - Sep 9 with 3030 viewsjas0999

He hasn't learnt yet. Neither has Evans for that matter ... didn't replace Murphy last season and we struggled. Didn't sign a replacement for Berra nor bring in replacement CB with know injuries this. Suspect it will be another struggle.
i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:18 - Sep 9 with 3018 viewstextbackup

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:14 - Sep 9 by LankHenners

Think Skuse is still useful especially away from home (obviously today we were below par defensively and particularly going forwards), but once Huws is back, a midfield of him, Adeyemi and Downes/Nydam at home could be exciting.

Mick needs to also decide what to do with his forward line. If we have 2 in the midfield middle, then it needs to be actual wingers out wide (preferably Celina and then one of Rowe/Ward), with McGoldrick and probably Garner up front. We had an issue when he kept trying to shoehorn at least 3 of Murphy/McGoldrick/Pitman/Sears into a line-up and we looked disjointed, and we could be in danger of doing the same again.

disjointed was the word used by Darth, and even though I wasn't there, I can just imagine what he means by that. (seen enough of it!)

I'd forgotten about Huws to add to that CM list.

agree, mick needs to find a system and stick with it. forwards as wide men doesn't really work, see Freddie sears.

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:21 - Sep 9 with 2996 viewsLankHenners

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:18 - Sep 9 by textbackup

disjointed was the word used by Darth, and even though I wasn't there, I can just imagine what he means by that. (seen enough of it!)

I'd forgotten about Huws to add to that CM list.

agree, mick needs to find a system and stick with it. forwards as wide men doesn't really work, see Freddie sears.

Almost feel sorry for Sears - he's certainly no wide midfielder but for all his running we can't keep carrying someone whose end product is barely League 1 level at the moment.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:22 - Sep 9 with 2989 viewstextbackup

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:16 - Sep 9 by jas0999

He hasn't learnt yet. Neither has Evans for that matter ... didn't replace Murphy last season and we struggled. Didn't sign a replacement for Berra nor bring in replacement CB with know injuries this. Suspect it will be another struggle.

can we blame evans for that? id say he's backed MM this transfer window. he doesn't scout the players

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:24 - Sep 9 with 2978 viewsSomethingBlue

To be fair, he did decide to get a CB in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 2959 viewstextbackup

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:24 - Sep 9 by SomethingBlue

To be fair, he did decide to get a CB in.

must have missed him in the line up today then

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 2912 viewsSomethingBlue

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:28 - Sep 9 by textbackup

must have missed him in the line up today then

Goldson. Not our fault that didn't work out, although I completely agree it was left late.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:48 - Sep 9 with 2896 viewsmadmouse1959

We did not recruit enough....that is the bottom line. Evans is happy with Championship survival as he still clutches on to his wallet. Just two more good signings and we would be flying !!! Sorry to say .....but we still field players who were a big part of last seasons failures and should of been released and replaced.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 1:03]

shampoo dave

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 2885 viewstextbackup

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:48 - Sep 9 by madmouse1959

We did not recruit enough....that is the bottom line. Evans is happy with Championship survival as he still clutches on to his wallet. Just two more good signings and we would be flying !!! Sorry to say .....but we still field players who were a big part of last seasons failures and should of been released and replaced.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 1:03]

you wont hear me complaining over evans this transfer window, club has done some very good business imo, and also off field try to sort out issues.
whilst you cant plan for 3 massive injuries at CB you can have plan A and B to replace them with a loan, MM hasn't done this, and he's opted for plan G "a loan full back will do"

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 22:26 - Sep 9 with 2720 viewspatrickswell

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:44 - Sep 9 by SomethingBlue

Goldson. Not our fault that didn't work out, although I completely agree it was left late.

I think the problem is that centre-back was not seen as an area that needed strengthening. With Chambers, Smith and Webster as your first choices and Knudsen, Spence and Iorfa able to play there, it probably looked well covered providing you always had one of the first three names playing alongside any of the last three.

What ended up happening is that the club had to ask itself whether it wanted to buy a recognised centre back because of a short-term injury crisis or take a loan? With our owner that was always going to be the latter, which as Mick said, was dependent on the loaning club getting their business settled first.

It could only be Ipswich that the guy is here and with a squad number when the other move falls through. Still, we happy to throw another club's teenager into the fray while our own Luke Woolfenden has to watch on from the sidelines.
i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 22:32 - Sep 9 with 2714 viewsITFC_Forever

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:44 - Sep 9 by SomethingBlue

Should have had someone sorted out, whether it was Goldson or whoever.

We're slipping back to the bad old ways... conceding daft goals and not creating / scoring ourselves.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 00:29 - Sep 10 with 2620 viewssotd78

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 22:26 - Sep 9 by patrickswell

I think the problem is that centre-back was not seen as an area that needed strengthening. With Chambers, Smith and Webster as your first choices and Knudsen, Spence and Iorfa able to play there, it probably looked well covered providing you always had one of the first three names playing alongside any of the last three.

What ended up happening is that the club had to ask itself whether it wanted to buy a recognised centre back because of a short-term injury crisis or take a loan? With our owner that was always going to be the latter, which as Mick said, was dependent on the loaning club getting their business settled first.

It could only be Ipswich that the guy is here and with a squad number when the other move falls through. Still, we happy to throw another club's teenager into the fray while our own Luke Woolfenden has to watch on from the sidelines.

I agree. It seems strange to loan in players who look no better than our own and who make the same errors which would cause MM to say ours aren't good enough.
Play our own players and spend money on positions where we don't have our own.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 01:54 - Sep 10 with 2561 viewshorsehollerer

i'd take a loss if it means he learns from it on 18:52 - Sep 9 by textbackup

you wont hear me complaining over evans this transfer window, club has done some very good business imo, and also off field try to sort out issues.
whilst you cant plan for 3 massive injuries at CB you can have plan A and B to replace them with a loan, MM hasn't done this, and he's opted for plan G "a loan full back will do"

You're right of course that we shouldn't still be in this situation. But I'm not sure how we could have legislated for what unfolded on deadline day.

We know the Goldson deal was agreed two weeks before the deadline, and that he arrived at PR the day before the deadline, passed his medical, got his squad number, and was waiting to sign. Phil reported that we also looked at Jason Shackell and Jack Hobbs (plans B and C sort of?). There was no reason to believe the Goldson deal wouldn't happen until the eleventh hour injury situation with the Brugge player. It was just bad luck, and with no time to fix it.

And MM revealed that we were planning to take Connolly in addition to Goldson. If we'd got them both as we should have done, that would've been a heck of a transfer window.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024