Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 23:04 - Sep 9 with 4730 viewsMach_foreignBlue

2-1 to QPR flatters us. Very unfair result as it should have ended 3-0 or 4-0 to them. They were much better than us in every aspect and the match was the clear indication that McCarthy IS GOING BACK to his old ways. Large number of our fans are so easy to please but they need to know that bizarre August period is over.

I've been saying for a while that 4 wins last August have been papers over cracks and McCarthy isn't willing to change his ways. It's all about defence and stopping opposition from playing.

First half. Dear me !!! So terrible. No creativity whatsoever. The only positives were Downes, Connolly and a couple of good tackles from Skuse who (apart from those two tackles) himself was very poor. Downes what is clear to see has a big potential but when he's being told to stay in the same line with Skuse then he can't express himself. Our forwards who themselves have had a very quiet today got no service at all. Literally nothing in the middle but this is nothing new.
Connolly had a few nudges with Mackie and dealt well with him in general.
Our makeshift defence + Bialkowski has had a difficult time and 1-0 was the very least QPR deserved in the first half. Perhaps a handball in a build-up to the goal but they were dominant whereas we offered nothing.

Change of approach and personnel was imperative but you have to ask McCarthy why persisted with the same one. The lame shot from McGoldrick at the beginning of second half which was no problem at all for Smithies to save was the 'best' Town chance until final moments of the match. That shot came very shortly after QPR's second goal. Freeman wasn't closed down by defenders or Skuse. The latter wasn't even bothered to chase him down despite having been not far behind.

0-2 down but he stuck with the same team for the next 20 minutes after QPR's second goal. What was he waiting for? Moreover they kept creating chances and Bialkowski twice had to save us from their long shots. Luongo had a freedom of space and time but once again smashing, brilliant and so vital for us proper bloke Skusey wasn't bothered to block/stop/tackle Luongo. Why on earth their players were allowed to launch a few shots from 20-25 yards? That was Skuse's area.

What about us in that period of time? 0-2 down and we KEPT HOOFING. You don't know whether to laugh or cry. Hey 'Super Mick is Great' brigade that's your man for you.

And finally he decided to make changes and put Adeyemi and Sears on. Why not Celina?
Changes made but the proceedings remained the same as QPR kept threatening. We had no concept, not any shadow of ideas what to do.

Things changed though when Celina finally got introduced. From the very first moment you get an impression that he's very skillful and ought to be a starter. The manner in which he scored the goal tells that too. The moment in which he received the ball most of Town players would have crossed it pointlessly into the box.

All of sudden we started playing football. Last-gasp block from the QPR defender prevented Connolly from scoring and Adeyemi squandered very good chance and hit over the bar. You pull your hair when you see those two chances not being taken.

The draw would have been a bizarre result though given QPR's dominance.

Honestly I don't care if I'll be slated or insulted by McCarthys inners. Say what you want. The man is a stubborn fool and not open to any changes in his approach. Take Millwall away last month for example. We somehow had kept going forward in the first half and scored goals while today we hardly threatened QPR until Celina came on. Even if QPR is a better team than Millwall that isn't an excuse for not showing any attacking intent.

Bersant Celina. I presume he's going to be yet another 'failed McCarthys winger'. Yet another Tommy Oar who may get pissed off with this style. Best for him to cut short his loan spell in January and join a different team. QPR would be a good choice for him if they continue to play they did today. Quick, passing, attacking team and he would be able to express himself in that. Waste of time for him in Ipswich.
He's too good to be kept on the bench. He ought to have come on after the half time at very latest as we badly needed an entire change of approach. Why did this idiot McCarthy keep him on the bench for so long? He has been raving about him in the interview but what is the point of raving if such good player is warming the bench? Such terrible were we for the majority of the match especially the first half that his presence on the pitch could and would have made a difference as our strikers were starved of any service.

Skuse... I'd rather save my time and not produce a long rant about him. He's so bloody awful.

I may be told we have had an off-day, bad day at the office. I'm not buying that at all. This was typical abject McCarthy's performance and clear indication that his old ways remain his priority. You can have an off-day but you still have to show some attacking intentions. We only started playing after Celina's goal and that says all.

Very similar to the match against QPR at theirs two years ago (last Fraser's match for the club). They had been attacking while we hadn't been interested to threaten them and started playing in the last 2 minutes after Matt Phillips' goal. Same old, same old from McCarthy. But his brigade, 'Super Mick' inners will keep defending him. Next week if we beat Bolton they will be in a full voice and asking: 'where are the moaners tonight'? Too many of our fans are just happy with us drifting along in this league.

Positives? Celina's short presence. Any others? Yes there is as we don't have to play Derby in midweek. Certain David Nugent or Bradley Johnson would have a field day.

I've been impressed by QPR today and would love us to play like that. It irks me though when Holloway or other people from outside tell us we should count ourselves lucky with McCarthy.

Beating poor Bolton next week is imperative as the carnage at Leeds awaits afterwards.

Pleasure to meet Brogansnose, Benters and The_Romford_Blue. Good away day out spoilt by football. Very disappointed and frustrated today as I can take losing as long as we show any initiative ourselves. But there was no initiative and I fear it's gonna be the same or even worse season than the last one.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 23:16]
Match thoughts on 23:30 - Sep 9 with 4630 viewsBluefish

I like you mach but most if that is hysterical b*llocks

What is your end of season expectation for us?

Does that include injury problems?

Are we marching that?

Are you being flouncey based on the questions above?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Match thoughts on 23:35 - Sep 9 with 4614 viewspatrickswell

A lengthy rant and you haven't found space to criticise McGoldrick who wasted a number of good positions especially in the 10-15 minutes before QPR's first.

Skuse could have been right on Freeman's back, but it the defence back off that much and leave him with space to shoot, what can be done.
Match thoughts on 23:54 - Sep 9 with 4565 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 23:30 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

I like you mach but most if that is hysterical b*llocks

What is your end of season expectation for us?

Does that include injury problems?

Are we marching that?

Are you being flouncey based on the questions above?

Hysterical b**locks Truce? I like you too and see you at Leeds but I deemed your reactions last month as b**locks too. What did you say then? Super Mick, real fans backed you? 4 wins on the trot and you reacted as if we've won the league. And Mick this, Mick that, Mick is Super.......come on ! If you had seen the match today you might have spotted an utter lack of attacking intent. He's back to his old ways that's what I predict but he's still super Mick isn't eh?

My end expectation? With McCarthy in charge I expect a similar season like the last one. I repeat that this is a return to the old ways if we keep reproducing performances like that.

Injury problems? Don't give me that one. We had had two weeks to find a CB and still left it to the last day.

You're a big McCarthys inner and I'm the opposite and I don't like the man. We're entitled to our views about him.

Read what Celina has said as he's disappointed with how we've played today.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 23:54]
Match thoughts on 00:01 - Sep 10 with 4533 viewsBluesquid

Match thoughts on 23:35 - Sep 9 by patrickswell

A lengthy rant and you haven't found space to criticise McGoldrick who wasted a number of good positions especially in the 10-15 minutes before QPR's first.

Skuse could have been right on Freeman's back, but it the defence back off that much and leave him with space to shoot, what can be done.

"but it the defence back off that much and leave him with space to shoot, what can be done."

Coach the defence to not back off and leave opposition players with so much space?

It really is that simple.

Mick was a defender wasn't he?
Match thoughts on 02:23 - Sep 10 with 4421 viewsCurrie10

People easy to please after winning the first 5 in a row after a mare last season, well yes people will be happy.

Others seem much happier when we lose.
Match thoughts on 05:03 - Sep 10 with 4365 viewsbluejacko

Match thoughts on 02:23 - Sep 10 by Currie10

People easy to please after winning the first 5 in a row after a mare last season, well yes people will be happy.

Others seem much happier when we lose.

No not happier when we lose but the last two games have shown that when it comes to playing a team that actually plays football MM goes back to his old ways and hasn't an answer to counter them!
Match thoughts on 06:29 - Sep 10 with 4322 viewsBenters

Haha !! You did seem very angry when i was speaking to you in the stadium.

I reckon you would have got on well with Taximan,he had steam coming out of his nose !!

Im not as disappointed at losing as you as i didnt expect anything else.

For me its a shame as at QPR two seasons ago i decided i couldnt poke up with MMs dross anymore,sadly yesterday it didnt seem that different to two seasons ago !

Like you said we only decided to have a go at 2.0 down.

Still never mind and always a pleasure to see you my foreign friend.

Bentaz .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Match thoughts on 08:03 - Sep 10 with 4220 viewsBluefish

Match thoughts on 23:54 - Sep 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

Hysterical b**locks Truce? I like you too and see you at Leeds but I deemed your reactions last month as b**locks too. What did you say then? Super Mick, real fans backed you? 4 wins on the trot and you reacted as if we've won the league. And Mick this, Mick that, Mick is Super.......come on ! If you had seen the match today you might have spotted an utter lack of attacking intent. He's back to his old ways that's what I predict but he's still super Mick isn't eh?

My end expectation? With McCarthy in charge I expect a similar season like the last one. I repeat that this is a return to the old ways if we keep reproducing performances like that.

Injury problems? Don't give me that one. We had had two weeks to find a CB and still left it to the last day.

You're a big McCarthys inner and I'm the opposite and I don't like the man. We're entitled to our views about him.

Read what Celina has said as he's disappointed with how we've played today.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 23:54]

Do you expect a better return than 4 wins from 6 under a different manager??

If Yes then who?

If no then how can you rant about Mick so far this year?

I don't understand the hysterical OTT reactions. It is obvious that without Mick we would be in division 15 by now, our ground would have been bulldozed and we would not be playing in blue. You need to keep realistic

Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts on 08:08 - Sep 10 with 4184 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 08:03 - Sep 10 by Bluefish

If Yes then who?

I don't understand the hysterical OTT reactions. It is obvious that without Mick we would be in division 15 by now, our ground would have been bulldozed and we would not be playing in blue. You need to keep realistic

Lolz at the last part of that post .

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 08:20 - Sep 10 with 4155 viewsITFC_Forever

Slipping back into our bad old ways.

Conceding soft goals and not creating at the other end.

Mick Out.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Match thoughts on 08:26 - Sep 10 with 4141 viewsBluefish

Match thoughts on 08:20 - Sep 10 by ITFC_Forever

Mick Out.

Modern football fans make me sad inside. Our club used to be better than this. You deserve someone like Harry redknapp or Sam allardyce. In fact have them both in the same season followed by steve McLaren.

We never ever demanded managers to be sacked 6 games into a season having won 4 of them

I am crying inside because of you and those like you. The next step is a soul less bowl on a retail park and half and half scarves

Match thoughts on 08:28 - Sep 10 with 4132 viewstextbackup

If Yes then who?

My advice for my daughters growing up, is find a man that loves you like Truce loves Mick.

This is utter bullsht, you can't seriously think he's the only manager that would have kept us up? (Whilst it was his own fck ups that saw us flirting with bottom 3 last term)

We had a great start, no doubting that, but I can see the line 'we won 4/5' becoming the new 'he saved us 5 years ago'... let's get it straight, the start we had was against teams we need to beat to stay up, nothing more nothing less.

The second we face teams with more about them we look as poor as last season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Match thoughts on 08:28 - Sep 10 with 4120 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 08:20 - Sep 10 by ITFC_Forever

Mick Out.

Yep crap innit.

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 08:30 - Sep 10 with 4123 viewsITFCBlues

Match thoughts on 08:26 - Sep 10 by Bluefish

Modern football fans make me sad inside. Our club used to be better than this. You deserve someone like Harry redknapp or Sam allardyce. In fact have them both in the same season followed by steve McLaren.

We never ever demanded managers to be sacked 6 games into a season having won 4 of them

I am crying inside because of you and those like you. The next step is a soul less bowl on a retail park and half and half scarves

It's the performances that have me concerned. In every game this season we've been completely outplayed bar perhaps Birmingham.

If we keep playing like this, we'd be lucky to make 15th

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Match thoughts on 08:32 - Sep 10 with 4117 viewsBluefish

Match thoughts on 08:30 - Sep 10 by ITFCBlues

It's the performances that have me concerned. In every game this season we've been completely outplayed bar perhaps Birmingham.

If we keep playing like this, we'd be lucky to make 15th

10 plus games in and 15th and playing poor football then I am happy to sack him but we shouldn't be wishing for it

Match thoughts on 08:36 - Sep 10 with 4095 viewstextbackup

Match thoughts on 08:32 - Sep 10 by Bluefish

10 plus games in and 15th and playing poor football then I am happy to sack him but we shouldn't be wishing for it

I think you make stuff up in ur head, everyone wants ITFC to succeed. Nobody wants MM to fail, but he's his own worst enemy with decisions he makes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Match thoughts on 08:51 - Sep 10 with 4045 viewsITFCBlues

Match thoughts on 08:32 - Sep 10 by Bluefish

I didn't say I wanted Mick out, just that the performances have been a concern. As well as yesterday's team - no idea why Waghorn started LW with Celina there. Makes no sense - just shoe horning in all the strikers again

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Match thoughts on 09:45 - Sep 10 with 3932 viewsITFC_Forever

No, it's based on the evidence of the last two years and the inevitable-ness of what is coming.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Match thoughts on 09:47 - Sep 10 with 3928 viewssuperblue70

Truce, most of us just want to watch some entertaining football, and not just from the opposition, after 4 years of dull dross we can hope for more surely, and personally I don't care what division it's in as long as its exciting because I'm bored rigid with MM and his non football style.
Match thoughts on 09:50 - Sep 10 with 3905 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 09:47 - Sep 10 by superblue70

Truce, most of us just want to watch some entertaining football, and not just from the opposition, after 4 years of dull dross we can hope for more surely, and personally I don't care what division it's in as long as its exciting because I'm bored rigid with MM and his non football style.

This.

With added it is very boring to watch .

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 09:54 - Sep 10 with 3890 viewsSomethingBlue

Match thoughts on 08:28 - Sep 10 by textbackup

My advice for my daughters growing up, is find a man that loves you like Truce loves Mick.

This is utter bullsht, you can't seriously think he's the only manager that would have kept us up? (Whilst it was his own fck ups that saw us flirting with bottom 3 last term)

We had a great start, no doubting that, but I can see the line 'we won 4/5' becoming the new 'he saved us 5 years ago'... let's get it straight, the start we had was against teams we need to beat to stay up, nothing more nothing less.

The second we face teams with more about them we look as poor as last season.

Here's an idea! Let's wait until the season is 10 or 12 games old and the league table starts taking some sort of plausible shape.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Match thoughts on 09:58 - Sep 10 with 3881 viewspowinswitch

Modern football makes me sad. The defensive part of the game takes precedence for a whole host of managers. Many times when I read McCarthys comments they are about a scrap or a battle. Turgid crap more like,

Obviously this is a great place for debate and there are many different views. I do sense an very small improvement in style in August, and we got much better returns than our performances deserved. But of course we also had injuries galore. Now the key for me is when Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop, and all those already available are back, what midfield combination will he go for. What would all those reading this go for.
Match thoughts on 10:10 - Sep 10 with 3842 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If Yes then who?

Truce this is not related to what I said. Do us a favour and at least engage with what's said and not making your own assumptions and judgements.

I'm showing my displeasure because in my opinion he comes back to his old ways . We did nothing to threaten QPR, keep hoofing when 0-2 down, not showing any intent etc etc.

It is not about points at this stage. It's about McCarthy and his approach.

You need to stop preaching us about him given your odd judgements of managers. A pure example of that is your judgement of Joe Royle whom who you have criticised quite often at times. He was a better manager than McCarthy.

Once again: get engaged with what's being said about McCarthy.
Match thoughts on 10:15 - Sep 10 with 3825 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 10:10 - Sep 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Truce this is not related to what I said. Do us a favour and at least engage with what's said and not making your own assumptions and judgements.

I'm showing my displeasure because in my opinion he comes back to his old ways . We did nothing to threaten QPR, keep hoofing when 0-2 down, not showing any intent etc etc.

It is not about points at this stage. It's about McCarthy and his approach.

You need to stop preaching us about him given your odd judgements of managers. A pure example of that is your judgement of Joe Royle whom who you have criticised quite often at times. He was a better manager than McCarthy.

Once again: get engaged with what's being said about McCarthy.

Truce has a life sized picture of MM on the ceiling above his bunk bed.

Defo info.

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 11:29 - Sep 10 with 3699 viewsbournemouthblue

McCarthy has always been guilty of making changes far too late imho

It's something which has annoyed me for some time, he seems to have no idea of when to roll the dice when we are chasing a game

He sticks with a formula which isn't working for far too long

On the flipside, his sides are generally pretty good at holding a lead. Our record when trailing is pretty poor, I'd be interested to see what the stattos can conjure up on that one.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024