Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Rowe... 13:36 - Sep 10 with 13439 viewsstrikalite

For those of you that went yesterday, or shall we say even listened to the game, were you thinking that Rowe in right midfield would have at least tried to take the game to QPR?

He must think what on earth must i do to be given a chance..
Danny Rowe... on 13:42 - Sep 10 with 7589 viewsgt81

Problem with Rowe is that we haven't seen enough of him to make a judgment either way. He needs a run of games and a chance to make the position his before we can do that but Mick won't give him that chance.

What I would like to know, is if he is a proper right midfielder or just another player like Grant Ward that can do a job there?
Danny Rowe... on 13:53 - Sep 10 with 7547 viewsstrikalite

Danny Rowe... on 13:42 - Sep 10 by gt81

Problem with Rowe is that we haven't seen enough of him to make a judgment either way. He needs a run of games and a chance to make the position his before we can do that but Mick won't give him that chance.

What I would like to know, is if he is a proper right midfielder or just another player like Grant Ward that can do a job there?

Well he has some pace and energy about him and i think when you're away under pressure you need two outlets either side of the pitch with pace to at least give the opposition something to worry about..

Show him some belief, he's our player after all..
Danny Rowe... on 13:54 - Sep 10 with 7544 viewseireblue

Danny Rowe... on 13:42 - Sep 10 by gt81

That is a good pint.

How are we supposed to know if he is round or square peg, being inserted into the square or round hole.

Without such clarity it will be difficult to know whether to blame MM or the player himself when the opportunity arises.
Danny Rowe... on 13:59 - Sep 10 with 7509 viewsolimar

Danny Rowe... on 13:53 - Sep 10 by strikalite

Well he has some pace and energy about him and i think when you're away under pressure you need two outlets either side of the pitch with pace to at least give the opposition something to worry about..

Show him some belief, he's our player after all..

He played v Palace and whilst he had a good game, like everyone, he didnt stand out as much as others. From what Ive seen of him, hes very very one-footed; he has a trick in him to cut inside and shoot/dribble/cross, which will work well for him, but I suspect he will need to add a couple more strings to his bow before he gets a regular run in the first team.

I do agree that Id like to see MM put pace in the last third of the pitch when we are under pressure, or when we are leading and sitting back. Millwall was an example- we didnt really have an out ball when we play it to a forward who needs to wait for support. But if we can play it over the top, or down the channels, to someone who can run in behind, then they can single-handedly provide a threat. And if they do that, then it forces the opposition to sit back and try and cover that a bit, which in turn helps to reduce their threat.
Danny Rowe... on 14:10 - Sep 10 with 7457 viewsstrikalite

Danny Rowe... on 13:59 - Sep 10 by olimar

He played v Palace and whilst he had a good game, like everyone, he didnt stand out as much as others. From what Ive seen of him, hes very very one-footed; he has a trick in him to cut inside and shoot/dribble/cross, which will work well for him, but I suspect he will need to add a couple more strings to his bow before he gets a regular run in the first team.

I do agree that Id like to see MM put pace in the last third of the pitch when we are under pressure, or when we are leading and sitting back. Millwall was an example- we didnt really have an out ball when we play it to a forward who needs to wait for support. But if we can play it over the top, or down the channels, to someone who can run in behind, then they can single-handedly provide a threat. And if they do that, then it forces the opposition to sit back and try and cover that a bit, which in turn helps to reduce their threat.

Agree, you need that threat of pace at least, with a makeshift defense right now I'm sure Holloway knew we'd sit and protect it in the middle, the team selection also suggested it too...very little to get us forward quickly, away from home it's a must, so much space beyond their wing backs to exploit with runners....it then in turn gets you up the pitch.
Danny Rowe... on 14:25 - Sep 10 with 7396 viewsgt81

Thanks for the insight.

If he can dribble with the ball, offer some pace and play naturally out wide (even with the propensity to cut infield), I'd like to see him given a chance ahead of Grant Ward, for a handful of games - if only for balance and having a round peg in a round hole while we are still hampered by injuries. He surely can't be worse than anyone who has played the last 2 games.
Danny Rowe... on 14:43 - Sep 10 with 7346 viewstextbackup

The poor lad is wasting his career sitting on the bench here, he'll be off soon

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Danny Rowe... on 15:02 - Sep 10 with 7288 viewsolimar

Danny Rowe... on 14:43 - Sep 10 by textbackup

The poor lad is wasting his career sitting on the bench here, he'll be off soon

He probably wont get a bigger opportunity to make a career at a higher level. Cant see any reason why he would walk away from that within a year. And hes probably getting better wages than hes got anywhere else too.
Its a no-brainer to stay.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Rowe... on 15:07 - Sep 10 with 7271 viewstextbackup

Danny Rowe... on 15:02 - Sep 10 by olimar

He probably wont get a bigger opportunity to make a career at a higher level. Cant see any reason why he would walk away from that within a year. And hes probably getting better wages than hes got anywhere else too.
Its a no-brainer to stay.

young lad and should be playing weekly at his age. as it is a real prospect is sat on the bench watching strikers play out wide. agree with many of your points, but it must be a bit soul destroying knowing you're naturally better a position than the guys getting picked

Danny Rowe... on 15:27 - Sep 10 with 7224 viewsimsureazzure

One footed footballers should not exist, ffs it is all they do all week.
on 15:38 - Sep 10 with 7181 views_

Danny Rowe... on 15:27 - Sep 10 by imsureazzure

Danny Rowe... on 15:44 - Sep 10 with 7150 viewstextbackup

on 15:38 - Sep 10 by _

strong with both feet and not picked for haughley reserves..... you need a new agent mate

Danny Rowe... on 16:29 - Sep 10 with 7062 viewsolimar

Danny Rowe... on 15:07 - Sep 10 by textbackup

young lad and should be playing weekly at his age. as it is a real prospect is sat on the bench watching strikers play out wide. agree with many of your points, but it must be a bit soul destroying knowing you're naturally better a position than the guys getting picked

At worst case, he plays bit part roles for a year in a Championship team and his contract ends and he moves on, with the best years of his career still to come, and a team lower down the League decide that a championship reject might do a job for them. He will likely end up earning more money and playing at a higher level than he was before he came to ITFC.
At best case, he makes the breakthrough, becomes a regular in a Championship team and earns himself a bigger, long term contract.

Hes a 25 year old whos now at a club 3 levels higher than anything hes played at in the last 5 years or more. I cant see how he would possibly feel demoralised, sitting on the bench behind experienced players who have played the majority of their careers at considerably higher level than he has.
Danny Rowe... on 17:28 - Sep 10 with 6948 viewsBlue_Order

80% of footballers are 'one footed'.
Danny Rowe... on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 6933 viewsimsureazzure

Danny Rowe... on 17:28 - Sep 10 by Blue_Order

80% of footballers are 'one footed'.

That is a crazy stat, it is the biggest skill a footballer can have.
on 17:37 - Sep 10 with 6905 views_

Danny Rowe... on 15:44 - Sep 10 by textbackup

strong with both feet and not picked for haughley reserves..... you need a new agent mate

on 17:42 - Sep 10 with 6880 views_

Danny Rowe... on 17:30 - Sep 10 by imsureazzure

Danny Rowe... on 17:43 - Sep 10 with 6873 viewsBlue_Order

Danny Rowe... on 17:30 - Sep 10 by imsureazzure

Cole Skuse is probably the most two footed player we have.
on 17:44 - Sep 10 with 6865 views_

Danny Rowe... on 17:43 - Sep 10 by Blue_Order

Cole Skuse is probably the most two footed player we have.

Danny Rowe... on 17:50 - Sep 10 with 6844 viewsBlue_Order

on 17:44 - Sep 10 by _

Forgot about him tbh.
on 17:53 - Sep 10 with 6830 views_

Danny Rowe... on 17:50 - Sep 10 by Blue_Order

Forgot about him tbh.

Danny Rowe... on 18:22 - Sep 10 with 6751 viewsthorpedo

Mick is strange when it comes to wingers and not giving them a chance. Cameron Stewart and Tommy Oar two that spring to mind that were relatively big signings who didn't get a chance. Looks like the same might happen to Rowe.
Lawrence and Fraser were brilliant and Celina looks very promising, but he is yet to sign a decent wide man on a permanent deal - that I can think of.

Thorpedo

Danny Rowe... on 18:56 - Sep 10 with 6672 viewsGarv

Agreed. My biggest annoyance. Left footers I usually find are the worst for this. Giggs had a shocking right foot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Danny Rowe... on 20:04 - Sep 10 with 6522 viewsYallop

He needs to rip up the under 23s and be the best player on the park. Football is simple. Earn your place.
Danny Rowe... on 20:31 - Sep 10 with 6445 viewsm14_blue

It must be demoralising sitting on the bench whilst others play out of position in your place and the manager bemoans having to put square pegs in round holes.

I guess he hasn't quite shown Mick enough yet.

I would rather see an average winger playing in his natural position than a good striker played out wide but there you go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024