Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. 07:07 - Sep 11 with 2996 viewsbluewein

But who were the nawty lot fighting amongst themselves in the middle of the lower tier on Saturday?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:08 - Sep 11 with 2976 viewsBenters

I know who it was .

But it was only handbags shirley?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 7:10]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:09 - Sep 11 with 2969 viewsbluewein

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:08 - Sep 11 by Benters

I know who it was .

But it was only handbags shirley?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 7:10]

It was you, wasn't it benters...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:15 - Sep 11 with 2948 viewsBenters

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:09 - Sep 11 by bluewein

It was you, wasn't it benters...

No mate it wasnt .

Handbags over seats wasnt it?

Gentlybentley

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:21 - Sep 11 with 2935 viewsBlueCardigan

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:15 - Sep 11 by Benters

No mate it wasnt .

Handbags over seats wasnt it?

Indeed it was, some are incapable of finding their correct seat unfortunately, I told them in no uncertain terms to fck off

BlueFlops

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:26 - Sep 11 with 2899 viewsBenters

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:21 - Sep 11 by BlueCardigan

Indeed it was, some are incapable of finding their correct seat unfortunately, I told them in no uncertain terms to fck off

Didnt one of your sons friends get a shove for good measure?

Gentlybentley

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:37 - Sep 11 with 2875 viewsBlueCardigan

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:26 - Sep 11 by Benters

Didnt one of your sons friends get a shove for good measure?

Something like that, he was sat next to the morons, I think they tried to shove him out of the way, he responded, as did I

BlueFlops

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:42 - Sep 11 with 2845 viewsBenters

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:37 - Sep 11 by BlueCardigan

Something like that, he was sat next to the morons, I think they tried to shove him out of the way, he responded, as did I

Hang on ?

Morons thats a new one !?

Gentlybentley

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:47 - Sep 11 with 2830 viewsBlueCardigan

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:42 - Sep 11 by Benters

Hang on ?

Morons thats a new one !?

Better than dickheads ?

BlueFlops

Login to get fewer ads

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:52 - Sep 11 with 2808 viewsimsureazzure

Why have you started your question with the word "so"?

Thanks.
So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:24 - Sep 11 with 2744 viewsconnorscontract

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 07:52 - Sep 11 by imsureazzure

Why have you started your question with the word "so"?

Thanks.

It's a totally normal anecdotal speech device. It's used to notify the audience of a change of subject, and to draw them in ready for the start of the important content. The "O" sound is elongated for this purpose. I have a gut feeling that it is used more frequently by people of Irish heritage.

Many posters treat this board as a discussion, and accordingly write conversationally, so speech rhythms are commonplace.
So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:31 - Sep 11 with 2719 viewsimsureazzure

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:24 - Sep 11 by connorscontract

It's a totally normal anecdotal speech device. It's used to notify the audience of a change of subject, and to draw them in ready for the start of the important content. The "O" sound is elongated for this purpose. I have a gut feeling that it is used more frequently by people of Irish heritage.

Many posters treat this board as a discussion, and accordingly write conversationally, so speech rhythms are commonplace.

Thanks.
So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:42 - Sep 11 with 2676 viewscaught-in-limbo

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:24 - Sep 11 by connorscontract

Correct. But they are called "discourse markers" rather than "speech rhythms". "So" as a discourse marker has changed its use to become more like "Anyway" in that it's used to introduce a change in topic rather than mark a new part of an existing one. Like you said, "Sooooo" is the way that it is often pronounced when used to introduce a change in topic.

Anyway, did we all have a nice summer holiday?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 8:44]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:43 - Sep 11 with 2674 viewsconnorscontract

So, it's probably been discussed on here already.. on 08:31 - Sep 11 by imsureazzure

Thanks.

Happy to help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024