Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is heavy and disturbing but ... 10:13 - Sep 11 with 1884 viewsDarth_Koont

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41213657

It raises the point of how do we protect children and help these people not become offenders if we generally make it so difficult for them to be open about it?

However hard it may be to get our heads and hearts around, I think it's time to recognise and try to be sympathetic to the underlying condition. After all, it seems a horrific curse to have this attraction.

And FWIW I say this as a father of two who wants to protect his children more not less.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 10:59 - Sep 11 with 1784 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That was a tough read

In parts you feel sick reading them say they are attracted to children as young as one, in parts I almost felt sympathetic as they admitted they don't want to have that attraction and in other parts I just couldn't even comprehend what I was reading. It's hard to get your head around something like that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:07 - Sep 11 with 1769 viewsDarth_Koont

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 10:59 - Sep 11 by The_Romford_Blue

That was a tough read

In parts you feel sick reading them say they are attracted to children as young as one, in parts I almost felt sympathetic as they admitted they don't want to have that attraction and in other parts I just couldn't even comprehend what I was reading. It's hard to get your head around something like that.

Yep. Same here. It's grim reading.

But however hard it may be, it's surely better that we don't reject them so completely that the only people they can turn to are other paedophiles, some of whom are justifying actual child abuse. Them getting proper help — and earlier — would undoubtedly save many victims.

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:09 - Sep 11 with 1757 viewsRyorry

Can't bring myself to read it but get the gist.

Chemical castration?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:15 - Sep 11 with 1737 viewsDarth_Koont

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:09 - Sep 11 by Ryorry

Can't bring myself to read it but get the gist.

Chemical castration?

Maybe. Who knows?

But not a solution if they don't make themselves known. And probably not a solution that active paedophiles are pushing either.

It is certainly worth a read. I know it's tough but I'd suggest that trying to bury it is part of the problem all along.

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:23 - Sep 11 with 1688 viewsRyorry

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:15 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

Maybe. Who knows?

But not a solution if they don't make themselves known. And probably not a solution that active paedophiles are pushing either.

It is certainly worth a read. I know it's tough but I'd suggest that trying to bury it is part of the problem all along.

I'm certainly not trying to bury it; I'm about to make/eat brunch & literally don't have the stomach for it right now.

No idea what those active now want, but one former sex offender I worked with in my days as a probation officer told me it was what he wanted.

Agree that all sex offenders should be encouraged to speak out.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is heavy and disturbing but ... on 11:24 - Sep 11 with 1679 viewsuncle

A really interesting article, thanks.

While it was a very uncomfortable read, I think there are positive aspects to it, mainly that there are (seemingly quite a lot) of folk who keep any feelings or urges in check, and know right and wrong. And the differentiation between abusers and this bloke is interesting as well.
The wife and I had sort of discussed a similar topic in the last few weeks, due to a non-incident around our daughters school, and I still really don't know what to think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024