Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... 06:38 - Sep 12 with 11676 viewsSitfcB

...from next season!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 06:42 - Sep 12 with 7578 viewsBenters

Yaay good old Sky !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 06:59 - Sep 12 with 7532 viewsMaySixth

great news for armchair fans

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 07:24 - Sep 12 with 7470 viewsWallingford_Boy

What about League One?

RIP Sir Bobby

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 07:24 - Sep 12 with 7478 viewsdavblue

Not sure if that's a good thing.

I think crowds will be affected as people won't rush around to get to games.

For fans it's good news, for clubs I'm not sure it is. This could be the start of crowds really starting to drop.
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 07:33 - Sep 12 with 7423 viewsBenters

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 06:59 - Sep 12 by MaySixth

great news for armchair fans

I will be laying on my sofa if thats ok?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:21 - Sep 12 with 7292 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Every game? So on a Tuesday night they'll have 12 Channels showing 12 matches?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:25 - Sep 12 with 7277 viewsIpswichKnight

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:21 - Sep 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Kinda, it will be like the World Cup qualifiers, I read it like they will have a live game on SkySports football/Arena/whatever it is! and then the other games will be on the interactive service so press the red button and they will appear!
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:25 - Sep 12 with 7273 viewsReuser_is_God

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:21 - Sep 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Imagine it'll be a red button thing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:26 - Sep 12 with 7265 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 07:24 - Sep 12 by davblue

Not sure if that's a good thing.

I think crowds will be affected as people won't rush around to get to games.

For fans it's good news, for clubs I'm not sure it is. This could be the start of crowds really starting to drop.

Well if we have Bolton away on a Tuesday night, the chances are I'll side with watching it on sky whereas at least now I look to see if there's a possible train home

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:29 - Sep 12 with 7242 viewsBluebell

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:26 - Sep 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Well if we have Bolton away on a Tuesday night, the chances are I'll side with watching it on sky whereas at least now I look to see if there's a possible train home

Agreed Rommy.

We have to take time off work for Tuesday evening games and the distant ones are really a struggle. The home ones are as nearly as bad for us too but we do make it to all of those.

BUT nothing beats being at a live game so I would still try to make it to as many as possible.
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:39 - Sep 12 with 7199 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:29 - Sep 12 by Bluebell

Agreed Rommy.

We have to take time off work for Tuesday evening games and the distant ones are really a struggle. The home ones are as nearly as bad for us too but we do make it to all of those.

BUT nothing beats being at a live game so I would still try to make it to as many as possible.

Yeah there's nothing like a live game

I'll still do as many as possible m

I realised the other day Leeds away is the first away game that isn't midweek that I won't have gone to in the whole of 2017. Quite proud of that.

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:43 - Sep 12 with 7177 viewsdavblue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:26 - Sep 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I think it will affect the home support more.
The Convenience for some will be too tempting.
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:49 - Sep 12 with 7158 viewsPinewoodblue

UEFA will not be happy when mid week games clash with Chsmpionship league. Would be surprised if they approved it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:51 - Sep 12 with 7152 viewsFreddies_Ears

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:43 - Sep 12 by davblue

The money paid to the clubs does not seem to compensate for likely loss of revenue.

Presumably Sky blackmailed them a bit over the whole deal.
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:54 - Sep 12 with 7141 viewsuefacup81

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:49 - Sep 12 by Pinewoodblue

UEFA will not be happy when mid week games clash with Chsmpionship league. Would be surprised if they approved it.

They only seem to be concerned about top-league games though, don't they? I rememeber a couple of seasons back a mid-week PL game kicked off stupidly early so as to be finished in time for the CL fixtures.

Plus, UEFA can only really dictate the scheduling, they can't forbid that a game be televised.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:00 - Sep 12 with 7113 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:43 - Sep 12 by davblue

Those of us coming from Romford/London now have something to fall back on if it's one of those sh1t home games and there's bus replacements for the trains

I'd like to think that I'd do as many as possible like I do now but you never really know til the situation arises

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:06 - Sep 12 with 7091 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:25 - Sep 12 by Reuser_is_God

Imagine it'll be a red button thing.

I would of thought they'll struggle to find advertising revenue for that little lot.

It'll be very short lived, especially when the viewing figures for some games will be no more than a few thousand.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:14 - Sep 12 with 7054 viewsStenvict

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 08:54 - Sep 12 by uefacup81

They only seem to be concerned about top-league games though, don't they? I rememeber a couple of seasons back a mid-week PL game kicked off stupidly early so as to be finished in time for the CL fixtures.

Plus, UEFA can only really dictate the scheduling, they can't forbid that a game be televised.

Surely not.

You're saying there was a Premier League game on at c. 5pm on a Tuesday/Wednesday?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:16 - Sep 12 with 7038 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:14 - Sep 12 by Stenvict

Surely not.

You're saying there was a Premier League game on at c. 5pm on a Tuesday/Wednesday?

5:45 or 6 o clock kick off I believe

Man City were involved I think. Against Stoke maybe?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:20 - Sep 12 with 7016 viewsStenvict

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:16 - Sep 12 by The_Romford_Blue

5:45 or 6 o clock kick off I believe

Man City were involved I think. Against Stoke maybe?

I remember that game. It was 0-0 I think. I'm sure it was on at the same time as the Champions League games, but on Sky whereas all the Champions League games were on BT.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:27 - Sep 12 with 6993 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:20 - Sep 12 by Stenvict

I remember that game. It was 0-0 I think. I'm sure it was on at the same time as the Champions League games, but on Sky whereas all the Champions League games were on BT.

There's was one where they played at the same time and anther where they kicked off at 5:45 or 6

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:31 - Sep 12 with 6966 viewsITFCBlues

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:06 - Sep 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

I would of thought they'll struggle to find advertising revenue for that little lot.

It'll be very short lived, especially when the viewing figures for some games will be no more than a few thousand.

Does that really matter though?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:39 - Sep 12 with 6942 viewsgerard1947

Another nail in the coffin of the people's game. There is/was nothing like the atmosphere of a full house under lights. The smell, buzz, noise, dark sky, bright pitch. You can't get that on a tele. This move will mean less and less watching games live.

TV money has ruined the game at all levels with armchair die hard fans supporting teams they have never seen live. I must say if wasn't for a lifetime ITFC obsession I wouldn't bother with football at all.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 9:41]
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 10:18 - Sep 12 with 6816 viewsallezlesbleus

Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 09:39 - Sep 12 by gerard1947

Another nail in the coffin of the people's game. There is/was nothing like the atmosphere of a full house under lights. The smell, buzz, noise, dark sky, bright pitch. You can't get that on a tele. This move will mean less and less watching games live.

TV money has ruined the game at all levels with armchair die hard fans supporting teams they have never seen live. I must say if wasn't for a lifetime ITFC obsession I wouldn't bother with football at all.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 9:41]

Yes indeed.

European football has been ruined by the Champions and Europa Leagues..........

Domestic football has been ruined because 4th spot in the Premier League is more important than winning the cup.
Sky to show every midweek game in the Championship live... on 10:19 - Sep 12 with 6815 viewsTJS

WTF ! — I assume they are paying out extra TV money to EVERY club for EVERY midweek game then.
When is the football league going to grow a pair and start standing up for itself against this nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024