Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit 09:51 - Sep 12 with 17822 viewsBOjK

I'm sure all those trade deals will be trivial to work out and will more than compensate for the loss of membership of the single market.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41233257

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 09:54 - Sep 12 with 6213 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure why you decided to make this thread about Brexit?

Boeing are being rather cheeky given the insane about of subsidy and protectionism they have been given by the US government over the years.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 10:00 - Sep 12 with 6204 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 09:54 - Sep 12 by StokieBlue

Boeing are being rather cheeky given the insane about of subsidy and protectionism they have been given by the US government over the years.

SB

Because the latest leavers argument is that while we will lose trade with the EU we will be free to strike deals with the rest of the world and we will flourish as a result. According to David Davis we should be halfway through this process by now (spoiler alert: we aren't).

These kind of court cases suggest that vested interests and governmental resistance to local side-effects will delay the creation of a series of free-trade deals.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 10:06 - Sep 12 with 6191 viewsfactual_blue

It's a good job our negotiator isn't as thick as mince and as lazy as a toad.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 10:48 - Sep 12 with 6153 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 10:06 - Sep 12 by factual_blue

It's a good job our negotiator isn't as thick as mince and as lazy as a toad.

That would be a nightmare. It might annoy the EU negotiating team if he went home after a couple of hours and left the Civil Servants to it.

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:02 - Sep 12 with 6128 viewsfactual_blue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 10:48 - Sep 12 by BOjK

That would be a nightmare. It might annoy the EU negotiating team if he went home after a couple of hours and left the Civil Servants to it.

From what I remember of him, they'd probably be relieved.

Illis ut orantibus.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:53 - Sep 12 with 6084 viewsGlasgowBlue

You never did return to this thread you started

Why does the Prime Minister lie to the people of this country? by BOjK 30 Aug 2017 15:48
She [May] told Sky News: “You can’t be a member of the single market unless you’re a member of the European Union. The British people voted to leave the European Union and we will be leaving.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/william-hague-worse-brexit-may-snap-election_uk_59a6c0fde4b00795c2a300da?rym

Assuming the quote above is accurate (and I have no reason to disbelieve it) it is an outright lie. It isn't true. It is a fib. And it isn't difficult to disprove. The governments own pre-referendum materials stated this was the case. Google says this is the case. Reputable news organisations say this is the case. Proper countries are full members of the single market but not the EU. Norway for example, and they seem to do OK.

Now ... she could argue we'd be making a mistake not to leave the single market as well as the EU. Or she should argue that the referendum was a de facto plebiscite on membership of the single market. But she hasn't. She's chosen to lie to us and to treat us as fools.

History is judging her harshly at the moment for her seeming to be completely unsuited for the job she has and I have no sympathy at all.

Are you in a position to address my reply yet?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:54 - Sep 12 with 6074 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 10:00 - Sep 12 by BOjK

Because the latest leavers argument is that while we will lose trade with the EU we will be free to strike deals with the rest of the world and we will flourish as a result. According to David Davis we should be halfway through this process by now (spoiler alert: we aren't).

These kind of court cases suggest that vested interests and governmental resistance to local side-effects will delay the creation of a series of free-trade deals.

Lose trade with the EU? I would imagine that as well as opening up new trade deals with the rest of the world our trade with the EU shall continue as usual. In deficit.

Iron Lion Zion

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:56 - Sep 12 with 6069 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 09:54 - Sep 12 by StokieBlue

SB

Bojk has taken an odd stance considering he was a reluctant remainer who saw a good case for Brexit on the grounds of returning sovereignty.

It's almost troll-like.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 12:54 - Sep 12 with 6014 viewsDarth_Koont

And these are our "closest allies" moving forward ...

Amateurs talk about how things are simple or can easily be made so. Professionals know there's a whole art and science not to mention experience and hard work needed to actually make that happen.

Hmmm. I wonder what side our politicians fall on.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:03 - Sep 12 with 5996 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:53 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

You never did return to this thread you started

Why does the Prime Minister lie to the people of this country? by BOjK 30 Aug 2017 15:48
She [May] told Sky News: “You can’t be a member of the single market unless you’re a member of the European Union. The British people voted to leave the European Union and we will be leaving.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/william-hague-worse-brexit-may-snap-election_uk_59a6c0fde4b00795c2a300da?rym

Assuming the quote above is accurate (and I have no reason to disbelieve it) it is an outright lie. It isn't true. It is a fib. And it isn't difficult to disprove. The governments own pre-referendum materials stated this was the case. Google says this is the case. Reputable news organisations say this is the case. Proper countries are full members of the single market but not the EU. Norway for example, and they seem to do OK.

Now ... she could argue we'd be making a mistake not to leave the single market as well as the EU. Or she should argue that the referendum was a de facto plebiscite on membership of the single market. But she hasn't. She's chosen to lie to us and to treat us as fools.

History is judging her harshly at the moment for her seeming to be completely unsuited for the job she has and I have no sympathy at all.

Are you in a position to address my reply yet?

I've decided life is too short to get involved in pedantic and semantic arguments with you over this kind of thing. At the time you were having one of your more partisan episodes so I left it.

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:06 - Sep 12 with 5985 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:56 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

Bojk has taken an odd stance considering he was a reluctant remainer who saw a good case for Brexit on the grounds of returning sovereignty.

It's almost troll-like.

I only saw a good case for the softests of Brexits. I always considered a hard brexit to be likely to lead to serious economic harm.

Prior to the referendum I assumed that given a close Leave vote the government would implement a Soft Brexit. Of course we had no knowledge of what a post-Brexit Britain would look like so as I've said before we need to seek the consent of the population when the final deal is known.

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:07 - Sep 12 with 5972 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:03 - Sep 12 by BOjK

I've decided life is too short to get involved in pedantic and semantic arguments with you over this kind of thing. At the time you were having one of your more partisan episodes so I left it.

Life was too short to admit your post was completely incorrect? You didn't reply to anyone in your own thread.

As for being Partisan:

Jeremy Corbyn, July 23: “The single market is dependent on membership of the EU. The two things are inextricably linked.”

Iron Lion Zion

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:07 - Sep 12 with 5974 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:54 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

Lose trade with the EU? I would imagine that as well as opening up new trade deals with the rest of the world our trade with the EU shall continue as usual. In deficit.

Are you seriously suggesting that trade with the EU won't fall if we leave the single market and customs union?

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:11 - Sep 12 with 5960 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:07 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

Life was too short to admit your post was completely incorrect? You didn't reply to anyone in your own thread.

As for being Partisan:

Jeremy Corbyn, July 23: “The single market is dependent on membership of the EU. The two things are inextricably linked.”

He's wrong though. And appears to be arguing against Labour party policy.

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:12 - Sep 12 with 5948 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:07 - Sep 12 by BOjK

Are you seriously suggesting that trade with the EU won't fall if we leave the single market and customs union?

Why would it? Is the US a member of the single Market? Japan? Canada? They all have increased trade with the EU despite not being members of the single market.

We have a trade deficit with the EU.They sell us more than we sell them. As an independent country we are the EU's largest export market. A deal will be concluded that protects that relationship.

Iron Lion Zion

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:14 - Sep 12 with 5937 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:11 - Sep 12 by BOjK

He's wrong though. And appears to be arguing against Labour party policy.

He, like May, is telling the truth.

I've copied and pasted my previous reply to you.

You may have access to the single market through EFTA, like Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland but not be members of the single market.

Although these countries access tot he single market they have no say in the rules of the single market.

For example, Norway is not a member of the single market and although they pay for access the country is exempt from EU rules on agriculture, fisheries, justice and home affairs. Switzerland does not have full access to the single market for its banking sector.

Iron Lion Zion

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:16 - Sep 12 with 5929 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:14 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

He, like May, is telling the truth.

I've copied and pasted my previous reply to you.

You may have access to the single market through EFTA, like Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland but not be members of the single market.

Although these countries access tot he single market they have no say in the rules of the single market.

For example, Norway is not a member of the single market and although they pay for access the country is exempt from EU rules on agriculture, fisheries, justice and home affairs. Switzerland does not have full access to the single market for its banking sector.

Nobody is suggesting that we could retain any influence on the rules of the single market from outside the EU.

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:21 - Sep 12 with 5903 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:16 - Sep 12 by BOjK

Nobody is suggesting that we could retain any influence on the rules of the single market from outside the EU.

So you can’t be a member of the single market unless you’re a member of the European Union. You can have access to parts of it through EFTA. But you can't be a full member can you?

Iron Lion Zion

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:28 - Sep 12 with 5892 viewsBOjK

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:21 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

So you can’t be a member of the single market unless you’re a member of the European Union. You can have access to parts of it through EFTA. But you can't be a full member can you?

The European single market is controlled by the European Union. You can't contron the single market without being members of the European Union.

Members of the European Union have full access to the single market, as do a small number of other countries provided they negotiate acceptible terms (on issues like financing and free movement) with the controllers of the single market.

Membership of the single market doesn't exist in that sense. That's not how markets work. They are treaties between governments.

May is a liar. Corbyn is either a liar or a complete idiot (I think the former, but I'm not 100%).

And having said I'm not going to get drawn into another semantic argument with you I have. I'll leave this now.

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:34 - Sep 12 with 5836 viewsNo9

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 13:12 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

Why would it? Is the US a member of the single Market? Japan? Canada? They all have increased trade with the EU despite not being members of the single market.

We have a trade deficit with the EU.They sell us more than we sell them. As an independent country we are the EU's largest export market. A deal will be concluded that protects that relationship.

"As an independent country we are the EU's largest export market"
That isn't true is it? It was invented by the leave campaign & is patently untrue-

like most of the other stuff which is almost made up - who did you get it from?
This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:38 - Sep 12 with 5826 viewsNo9

SB

& one wonders what would have happened if Airbus had argued about the 'deal' Boeing did with Mr O'Leary?
This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:39 - Sep 12 with 5823 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:34 - Sep 12 by No9

"As an independent country we are the EU's largest export market"
That isn't true is it? It was invented by the leave campaign & is patently untrue-

like most of the other stuff which is almost made up - who did you get it from?

https://fullfact.org/europe/where-does-eu-export/

Care to dispute their figures?

Iron Lion Zion

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:43 - Sep 12 with 5818 viewsWeWereZombies

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:02 - Sep 12 by factual_blue

From what I remember of him, they'd probably be relieved.

Illis ut orantibus.

Illis ut orantibus - I'm not feeling very well and am shouting at the No. 23?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:47 - Sep 12 with 5808 viewsNo9

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 14:39 - Sep 12 by GlasgowBlue

https://fullfact.org/europe/where-does-eu-export/

Care to dispute their figures?

You have posted from 'Fullfact' again.
I showed you how their site was inaccurate before - you never answered

As the UK is part of the EU it isn't possible to make that assessment given the Rotterdam passporting arrangement.

You would also need to factor into that the goods that enter as components then exit as completed goods for the UK to export outside the EU.

It is far more complicated that you would like to believe.
This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 15:06 - Sep 12 with 5786 viewsPinewoodblue

Boeing don't actually compete in the market that the Bombardier C series is aimed at. The C series is aimed at airlines who require planes with a passenger capacity of between 100-150 seats. The smallest Boeing is the 737-700 and only SouthWest & Westjet use it. Most Boeing sales are 737-800/900s.

Think the newest 737-700 Max will have nearer 170 than 150 seats.

This story is about US protectionism not free trade.Boeing have tried similar tactics in the past with regards to Airbus.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024