Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan 13:14 - Sep 13 with 4404 viewsRIPbobby

They have now lost most of the quality in their side and the quality that is left is past their best. They seem to be buying 'Utility' players ala John Dunan, who regularly bought a player who was an OK full back, and OK midfielder and could also cover in goal if necessary. The are very much turning mediocre. In fact we are in serious danger of claiming back the pride of Anglia.

As for us we have the basis of a side now. Perhaps 2 seasons away from being dangerously competitive.
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 14:08 - Sep 13 with 4246 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

I only started supporting ITFC under last couple of season, was he a long ball man?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 14:09 - Sep 13 with 4238 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 14:08 - Sep 13 by BullardsMagicMullet

I only started supporting ITFC under last couple of season, was he a long ball man?

I hope you are two years old...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 16:48 - Sep 13 with 4058 viewsRIPbobby

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 14:08 - Sep 13 by BullardsMagicMullet

Put it this way, he bought Sergei Ballscratcher (often considered the best sweeper in world Football) and played him in midfield. Ballscratcher did in fact score the opener on his debut, but that kind of sums up what Mr Duncan did.

Sorry I couldn't help but change Sergei's surname. :)
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 17:26 - Sep 13 with 4000 viewsallezlesbleus

Oh I do hope so.

Despite the past few years being grim for us, I always look back on the Duncan reign as our darkest hours.

It would be fantastic if them lot up the road had a few years of that to endure.
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 17:36 - Sep 13 with 3975 viewsRIPbobby

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 17:26 - Sep 13 by allezlesbleus

Oh I do hope so.

Despite the past few years being grim for us, I always look back on the Duncan reign as our darkest hours.

It would be fantastic if them lot up the road had a few years of that to endure.

It was dreadful wasn't it. Crikey being in the old division 2 back then teams used to look forward to the mighty Ipswich Town coming to play them. It is fair to say we have lost that aura we used to have.
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 08:04 - Sep 14 with 3692 viewsbluesym

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 17:26 - Sep 13 by allezlesbleus

Oh I do hope so.

3 top 10 finishes though....

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 10:49 - Sep 14 with 3578 viewsallezlesbleus

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 08:04 - Sep 14 by bluesym

3 top 10 finishes though....

That maybe so, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that the Duncan Era was the worst period for many Town fans aged in the 40's / 50's bracket.

Maybe the fact that we had grown up watching Sir Bobby's amazing teams spoilt us, but the rapid decline after he left to manage England was blatantly obvious in the Duncan days.

Whilst the past 10 years or so have not given us much to cheer about, I think the expectations in the 2000's have been less than in the early - mid 80's.
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 11:23 - Sep 14 with 3540 viewsbluesym

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 10:49 - Sep 14 by allezlesbleus

That maybe so, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that the Duncan Era was the worst period for many Town fans aged in the 40's / 50's bracket.

Maybe the fact that we had grown up watching Sir Bobby's amazing teams spoilt us, but the rapid decline after he left to manage England was blatantly obvious in the Duncan days.

Whilst the past 10 years or so have not given us much to cheer about, I think the expectations in the 2000's have been less than in the early - mid 80's.

Very good point regarding ages of fans.I had my first season ticket as a 10yr old on Duncans first season,so i never look back at it as negative as some do!Was all new and exciting to me then!

Even now looking bag,i can still recall some fantastic results and performances!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan (n/t) on 11:30 - Sep 14 with 3532 viewsTottenhamBlue

Glory hunter
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 11:31]
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 11:34 - Sep 14 with 3520 viewschicoazul

Who did you support before?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 12:16 - Sep 14 with 3474 viewsallezlesbleus

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 11:23 - Sep 14 by bluesym

Very good point regarding ages of fans.I had my first season ticket as a 10yr old on Duncans first season,so i never look back at it as negative as some do!Was all new and exciting to me then!

Even now looking bag,i can still recall some fantastic results and performances!

I showed my (16 year old) son the league tables from early 70's to early 80's and he couldn't believe our final league positions over the course of a decade or so.

He was ironically born just before our last 2 seasons in Europe. He has to put up with me rambling on about visits to Moscow, Helsingbourg, Prague, Luxembourg, Serbia and Milan, whereas the highlight for him following the Town was the League Cup semi final against Arsenal.

As I keep telling him, when Town finally do achieve something again, it will be all the more special after waiting so long.

Keep the faith!
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 12:43 - Sep 14 with 3436 viewsWicklowBlue

Think you can remove the "under John Duncan" from the OP title.
Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 13:16 - Sep 14 with 3390 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 11:34 - Sep 14 by chicoazul

Who did you support before?

I thought it was clear he meant only started in last 2 seasons of Duncan but everyone has read it differently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 15:51 - Sep 14 with 3291 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Norwich have turned into us under John Duncan on 13:16 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

I thought it was clear he meant only started in last 2 seasons of Duncan but everyone has read it differently

Correct, unlike my shocking typing the other day.

I wasn't very old when I first started supporting ITFC and it was Duncan's last couple of seasons before he was sacked. The only thing I remember was a 5-0 defeat to Shrewsbury over Christmas, just wondered if the team hoofed it or played it on the deck?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I will go and watch the Lincoln City cup replay as punishment!

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024