Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? 14:26 - Sep 13 with 4927 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Today a friend of mine tried to upgrade their 2 season tickets to 2 tickets in block D for Saturday's match. (They go with their brother and as it's his birthday they thought it'd be a nice treat)

They were happy to pay the difference (£44) but the club turned them away because they didn't want to buy a third ticket.

It wasn't because block D only had 3 seats available (I could kind of understand that) Planet Blue just refused to let them pay more to sit in a more expensive area unless they were buying a new ticket also.

Is this club policy? Seems a bit daft to me.
Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 14:30 - Sep 13 with 4876 viewsblue_oyster

Simple bureaucracy.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 14:51 - Sep 13 with 4764 viewsFreddy

All a bit strange turning down extra money
on 14:59 - Sep 13 with 4725 views_

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:09 - Sep 13 with 4677 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

They don't allow changing seats unless you buy another ticket

I found that out on the phone to them once when moving my seat to sit with my grandad. The geezer on the phone said 'unfortunately you can't do that unless you buy another ticket' which thankfully I wanted to do.

No idea why they do that though.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:13 - Sep 13 with 4655 viewsSteve_M

It's odd, they swapped my ticket for one in Churchmans back in February when I was on crutches.

Did you call the ticket office? They have been helpful whenever I've needed to speak to them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:23 - Sep 13 with 4605 viewsITFC_Forever

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:13 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

It's odd, they swapped my ticket for one in Churchmans back in February when I was on crutches.

Did you call the ticket office? They have been helpful whenever I've needed to speak to them.

That might have been because you weren't moving to a more expensive part of the ground?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:25 - Sep 13 with 4600 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:13 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

They went in person and were turned away.

I upgraded seats when I broke my leg and was on crutches about ten years ago also + it wasn't a problem.

Just wondered if it was a new thing. If you changed in February suggests it is
Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:27 - Sep 13 with 4593 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:23 - Sep 13 by ITFC_Forever

That might have been because you weren't moving to a more expensive part of the ground?

They were
Sir Alf to Cobbold block D
Login to get fewer ads

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:45 - Sep 13 with 4512 viewshoppy

on 14:59 - Sep 13 by _

They may already know that we were one of the last clubs to switch to changing both kits every season though...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 16:09 - Sep 13 with 4451 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Reply from ticket office

"I can confirm that the shop were correct in that we do only move season tickets if you are buying an additional ticket to go alongside this. I am afraid we do not and never have moved season tickets just for one off games in this instance unless an additional was purchased."
on 16:23 - Sep 13 with 4386 views_

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 16:09 - Sep 13 by Cheshire_Tractor

Reply from ticket office

"I can confirm that the shop were correct in that we do only move season tickets if you are buying an additional ticket to go alongside this. I am afraid we do not and never have moved season tickets just for one off games in this instance unless an additional was purchased."

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 16:28 - Sep 13 with 4350 viewsCheshire_Tractor

on 16:23 - Sep 13 by _

Absolutely

£44 walked out of the door.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 16:29]
Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 16:28 - Sep 13 with 4346 viewsITFC_Forever

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 15:27 - Sep 13 by Cheshire_Tractor

They were
Sir Alf to Cobbold block D

No, I meant Steve only moved from SBRL to Churchmans Lower.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 16:45 - Sep 13 with 4302 viewsbraveblue

Another Milne initiative. No wonder we lose money.
Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 17:11 - Sep 13 with 4185 viewsbrogansnose

Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 16:45 - Sep 13 by braveblue

Another Milne initiative. No wonder we lose money.

No, it was the same under Clegg.
Any reason why the club would turn away over £40? on 17:13 - Sep 13 with 4171 viewsJ2BLUE

They want to keep you away from the prawn sandwich brigade.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024