Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok people... 15:28 - Sep 13 with 14279 viewsSpruceMoose

...How do you like your steak done? Are you a fan of any sauces? Any accouterments? Reveal all!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ok people... on 16:18 - Sep 13 with 4399 viewsuncle

Medium, with chips, and gravy available as required.

Oh, and onion rings if i'm feeling dangerous!
Ok people... on 16:18 - Sep 13 with 4398 viewsBluebell

Ok people... on 16:13 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

"1*. Every food item was served on a separate plate. Every chip had its own fork, every pea its own silver spoon. Pretension personified. Was charged more than 15.99 + VAT. Waitress/Cook was a bit surly too. Would not recommend".

That's great. At least I won't be having to feed moose with wooden antlers again.

(Moose is the plural of moose if you weren't aware).
Ok people... on 16:21 - Sep 13 with 4389 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok people... on 16:18 - Sep 13 by Bluebell

That's great. At least I won't be having to feed moose with wooden antlers again.

(Moose is the plural of moose if you weren't aware).

It is actually Moosei.

Although Meese is also acceptable.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 16:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ok people... on 16:25 - Sep 13 with 4384 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fillet, medium rare, grilled tomato, mushrooms, chillies, hand cut chips, peas and side salad. Sometimes with a pepper sauce and sometimes without.

If the Mrs is in s steak mood then it's Chateaubriand.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ok people... on 16:26 - Sep 13 with 4373 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok people... on 16:25 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Fillet, medium rare, grilled tomato, mushrooms, chillies, hand cut chips, peas and side salad. Sometimes with a pepper sauce and sometimes without.

If the Mrs is in s steak mood then it's Chateaubriand.

"Steak mood"

Chateaubriand and an early night, amiriiight?! High Five!

Ok people... on 16:27 - Sep 13 with 4370 viewsusm

Ok people... on 16:18 - Sep 13 by uncle

Medium, with chips, and gravy available as required.

Oh, and onion rings if i'm feeling dangerous!

As my dear old mum used to say

"Are you some sort of imbecile?"

Gravy, my arse.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Ok people... on 17:13 - Sep 13 with 4336 viewsBluebell

Ok people... on 16:27 - Sep 13 by usm

As my dear old mum used to say

"Are you some sort of imbecile?"

Gravy, my arse.

If I had the choice of gravy or your arse I am afraid (and I hate to say this) gravy would win every time!
Ok people... on 17:16 - Sep 13 with 4327 viewsJakeITFC

Fillet, blue.

With peppercorn sauce or bone marrow gravy, chips and creamed spinach. Tomato and onion if possible.
Login to get fewer ads

Ok people... on 17:23 - Sep 13 with 4314 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok people... on 17:16 - Sep 13 by JakeITFC

Fillet, blue.

With peppercorn sauce or bone marrow gravy, chips and creamed spinach. Tomato and onion if possible.

I like that you fridge holds bone marrow, but there may not be a tomato in the fridge, or an onion in the cupboard!

Ok people... on 17:23 - Sep 13 with 4314 viewsallezlesbleus

Ok people... on 15:33 - Sep 13 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Always ask for Rare.. Though it often comes a little more done than that, though had quite the shock when I ordered a steak in France and asked for it rare.. They must have literally just chopped it off the bone and shoved it on the plate.

Blue Cheese or Peppercorn.. Though never too much sauce, shouldn't be overly moist

I love how the French eat steak. Even the burgers they serve usually end up dripping in blood.
Ok people... on 17:35 - Sep 13 with 4305 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Medium rare, with chunky chips and peppercorn sauce.
Ok people... on 17:42 - Sep 13 with 4296 viewsbrogansnose

Steak done on the BBQ with a chimichura dressing. I just think that you get a better char and burn on the meat than you do off even a griddle pan.

Sometimes I'll have some french fries with it but a good lump of steak is there to be enjoyed on its own with a nice bottle of red.
Ok people... on 17:45 - Sep 13 with 4284 viewsJakeITFC

Ok people... on 17:23 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

I like that you fridge holds bone marrow, but there may not be a tomato in the fridge, or an onion in the cupboard!

Ha, I was talking more for dining out.

At home, I generally wouldn't buy fillet steak, so the cooking would be different. Definitely with onion and tomato, and a homemade peppercorn sauce if I can be bothered.

I'm yet to crack to making of creamed spinach to a standard at which I'm happy.
Ok people... on 17:48 - Sep 13 with 4281 viewsDolly2.0

Fillet, rare, bit of blood. Fried in a little butter. Should also be seasoned with salt and pepper both sides and left at room temperature for half an hour at least.

Then put a piece of bread each side and cut round the steak.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Ok people... on 17:51 - Sep 13 with 4270 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok people... on 17:48 - Sep 13 by Dolly2.0

Fillet, rare, bit of blood. Fried in a little butter. Should also be seasoned with salt and pepper both sides and left at room temperature for half an hour at least.

Then put a piece of bread each side and cut round the steak.

What kind of bread though? Something high quality like Warburtons I reckon.

Ok people... on 17:51 - Sep 13 with 4267 viewsFreddies_Ears

In UK, rare. In France "a point" , which translates to "medium" but should come out rare. With chips (UK) or French Fries (France), but never "Freedom Fries" (do the US still do those?). With any veg offered, but ideally spinach and mushrooms. Mustard or horseradish. Or Bearnaise.
Washed down with a Thornbridge Imperial Russian Stout (UK) or a pichet of vin rouge (France).
Ok people... on 17:51 - Sep 13 with 4267 viewsjeera

Rare.

Bordelaise.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ok people... on 18:11 - Sep 13 with 4237 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If I stop being vegetarian I feel inspired to place the steak between 2 slices of bread and then maybe cut around whatever shape it is. Perhaps with fish fingers and 1000 island dressing !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ok people... on 18:15 - Sep 13 with 4232 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok people... on 18:11 - Sep 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

If I stop being vegetarian I feel inspired to place the steak between 2 slices of bread and then maybe cut around whatever shape it is. Perhaps with fish fingers and 1000 island dressing !

Get out.

Get off this board.

Ok people... on 18:17 - Sep 13 with 4226 viewsJ2BLUE

I lied earlier in the thread. The correct answer is minced into a burger and grilled until well done.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok people... on 18:19 - Sep 13 with 4221 viewsjeera

Ok people... on 18:17 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

I lied earlier in the thread. The correct answer is minced into a burger and grilled until well done.

Tbf mate, I think everyone saw through that.

Ok people... on 18:20 - Sep 13 with 4214 viewsJ2BLUE

Ok people... on 18:19 - Sep 13 by jeera

Tbf mate, I think everyone saw through that.

I'm still better than Rommers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok people... on 18:21 - Sep 13 with 4207 viewsjeera

Ok people... on 18:20 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

I'm still better than Rommers.

This is true. Marginal, but true.

Ok people... on 18:23 - Sep 13 with 4203 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ok people... on 18:15 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Get out.

Get off this board.

......maybe a side dish of 5 peas on deconstructed pringle?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ok people... on 18:26 - Sep 13 with 4192 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok people... on 18:23 - Sep 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

......maybe a side dish of 5 peas on deconstructed pringle?

I mispoke. It was a foam of Pringle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024