Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things which are different from last season 08:07 - Sep 17 with 3061 viewsGuthrum

We're winning games rather than drawing them
We're mostly winning
We aren't drawing at all
We're scoring goals
Our strikers are scoring goals
McGoldrick is scoring goals
We've beaten lower-ranked teams who were scrapping for a win
We've played turgid football and still won
We have a large crop of talented youngsters breaking through
We're at the top end of the table in mid September

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Things which are different from last season on 08:32 - Sep 17 with 2958 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Yeah but attendance and Bolton.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Things which are different from last season on 10:32 - Sep 17 with 2847 viewsBorisOrTrevor

For a statistician like yourself not very sophisticated.

I see mid table mediocrity again. Dress it up how you want but it won't put bums on seats.

BOT

Things which are different from last season on 10:36 - Sep 17 with 2829 viewsDyland

Let's do a conga through the Buttermarket and then stick our heads into Felixstowe beach.

(c) Texters

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Things which are different from last season on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 2774 viewsNo9

The main difference is that Town are now getting the 'rub of the green' that for a couple of seasons had gone.
Now it is back Town need to capitalise because it may not last.
Things which are different from last season on 11:34 - Sep 17 with 2754 viewsLeoMuff

Your positivity is not welcome here, the moaners are returned, emboldened by only beating Bolton by 2 goals.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Things which are different from last season on 11:36 - Sep 17 with 2744 viewsGuthrum

Things which are different from last season on 10:32 - Sep 17 by BorisOrTrevor

For a statistician like yourself not very sophisticated.

I see mid table mediocrity again. Dress it up how you want but it won't put bums on seats.

OK, a few stats which are different from last season:

Points per game 2.14 (2016-17 at same stage 1.5)
Win % 71.4 (37.5)
Failed to score 1 from 7 (3 from 8)
Goals for 12, joint 5th (8, joint 18th)

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Things which are different from last season on 12:16 - Sep 17 with 2686 viewsRyorry

Things which are different from last season on 11:36 - Sep 17 by Guthrum

OK, a few stats which are different from last season:

Points per game 2.14 (2016-17 at same stage 1.5)
Win % 71.4 (37.5)
Failed to score 1 from 7 (3 from 8)
Goals for 12, joint 5th (8, joint 18th)

You do well to highlight our goals scored (and who's scoring them) - how long ago was it that people were worried about lack of goals from our strikers, not to mention midfield? (your memory will certainly be better than mine - but I think plenty of others have forgotten too!!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Things which are different from last season on 12:23 - Sep 17 with 2673 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Things which are different from last season on 10:36 - Sep 17 by Dyland

Let's do a conga through the Buttermarket and then stick our heads into Felixstowe beach.

(c) Texters

:)

To be fair to Texters he has put his hands up and said fair play to Mick. Others refuse to give him any credit whatsoever.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

Things which are different from last season on 13:38 - Sep 17 with 2589 viewshorsehollerer

Things which are different from last season on 12:23 - Sep 17 by RoyKeanesDog

To be fair to Texters he has put his hands up and said fair play to Mick. Others refuse to give him any credit whatsoever.

Now both Mick and Texters need to push on from their promising starts and go on to have successful seasons

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Things which are different from last season on 23:28 - Sep 17 with 2390 viewscoolcat

I agree on all those points - and not many defenders scoring either.
Things which are different from last season on 08:35 - Sep 18 with 2289 viewsrayman_10

I would also argue we are playing better football than last season too. We aren't hoofing as much and trying to pass to feet a bit more. From what I remember from last season (not much... we are all trying to forget that) it seemed all you would see from Berra, Chambers, Knudsen etc is a hoof up to Sears, McGoldrick or any other striker who would have no chance of winning it. Now we are trying to pass a bit more. Obviously we are nowhere near a 'tiki-talkka' side or anything like that. I just think we are playing more football.... just not very good at it!

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024