Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... 13:07 - Sep 18 with 14350 viewsReuser_is_God

For me it's not down to style alone, it's probably more to do with the results.

2 things will improve the attendance at PR....

1) reduced ticket prices, which the club has already acknowledged & actioned
2) a team that constantly plays at a high tempo & look a threat going forward whilst winning more often that not (see 14/15)

Loads of possession, short passes, long ball, long passes, shots on target etc have fcuk all to do with it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:09 - Sep 18 with 7564 viewshomer_123

1) low ticket prices alone won't make people attend football matches.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:11 - Sep 18 with 7549 viewsReuser_is_God

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:09 - Sep 18 by homer_123

No, clearly they both go hand in hand.

Evans out

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:12 - Sep 18 with 7532 viewsBenters

I knew it was low Saturday but the lowest attendance since Swindon in 1998!

It shows a lot of people are bored sh1tless with MMs brand of football.

I wanted to be excited after the QPR game,and wanted to start coming again,but nothing has changed.

Im out.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 13:57]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I didn't know you went to QPR..... on 13:13 - Sep 18 with 7532 viewsBloots

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:12 - Sep 18 by Benters

I wanted to be excited after the QPR game,and wanted to start coming again,but nothing has changed.

Im out.

.....you should have said.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:14 - Sep 18 with 7526 viewshomer_123

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:11 - Sep 18 by Reuser_is_God

No, clearly they both go hand in hand.

Nope, they don't - if you get 2 right, you can charge more.

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:15 - Sep 18 with 7518 viewsReuser_is_God

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:14 - Sep 18 by homer_123

Nope, they don't - if you get 2 right, you can charge more.

In Towns current situation? I doubt it.

Evans out

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:18 - Sep 18 with 7510 viewsNo9

To be candid, I was close to walking out at half time on Saturday.
Town's first half performance was extremely poor considering they were the home team playing against a team from the bottom of the league.
That isn;t goi g to get people through the turnstiles unless they bring the price down to about fiver.
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:43 - Sep 18 with 7440 viewsBobbychase

How about:

1 Allowing fans to pick the team
2 Allowing fans to pick the manager
3 Allowing fans to suggest changes of formation at half-time
4 Padded seats
5 A little chocolate, like you get in posh hotels, left on your padded seat ready for your arrival
6 Waitress service to seats

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

Here he is ! (n/t) on 13:59 - Sep 18 with 7361 viewsBenters

I didn't know you went to QPR..... on 13:13 - Sep 18 by Bloots

.....you should have said.

Gentlybentley

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:07 - Sep 18 with 7350 viewsIllinoisblue

Stagnation plays a big part - 15 years in the same division will over time kill off hope and enthusiasm.

The Mick factor - I think he's doing a good job with the scraps Evans gives him. And I like the fact Mick doesn't play up the injury crisis as much as other managers would. I also acknowledge from what I've seen and read that the football has often been awful to watch. Crucially, for Suffolkians, Mick's not a bridge builder. His tell it like it is approach is not going to woo back Nigel from Stoomarket.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:17 - Sep 18 with 7308 viewsBenters

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:09 - Sep 18 by homer_123

What about giving them away like the 1000 for the Brum game?

Gentlybentley

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:25 - Sep 18 with 7298 viewsNo9

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:43 - Sep 18 by Bobbychase

How about:

1 Allowing fans to pick the team
2 Allowing fans to pick the manager
3 Allowing fans to suggest changes of formation at half-time
4 Padded seats
5 A little chocolate, like you get in posh hotels, left on your padded seat ready for your arrival
6 Waitress service to seats

Personally I would settle for better football
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:26 - Sep 18 with 7303 viewsflimflam

In Jan which of the following would bring more fans back?

1 - 6th place, playing poorly but winning and grinding out results.
2 - 17th playing great football, introducing the yoof but not able to compete physically

?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:26 - Sep 18 with 7293 viewsjeera

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:25 - Sep 18 by No9

Personally I would settle for better football

Although the little chocolate would be a nice touch.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:34 - Sep 18 with 7270 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 13:12 - Sep 18 by Benters

Im out.

Can't be the football then, as we were good in 1998 and have been more rubbish than we are now in the period since

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:38 - Sep 18 with 7255 viewsNo9

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:26 - Sep 18 by jeera

Although the little chocolate would be a nice touch.

Belgian?
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:39 - Sep 18 with 7251 viewshomer_123

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:17 - Sep 18 by Benters

How many of those came back/ bought a season ticket?

If the product is good enough, no need to give it away.

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:44 - Sep 18 with 7242 viewsVaughan8

I don't know why people think this is a quick fix. Season ticket holders may not realise, but the club have been ripping off the casual fan for years (probably since we came down years ago) and in recent years have really not connected with the fans.

A lot of fans are not going because of this. It has taken 10 years or so, but its finally hit us fans and it is now hitting the club. Its going to probably take that amount of time to get fans back (except maybe if there was a promotion, because we know how fickle fans can be! haha)

The reason why I currently have not gone this season is because I still think £30 (I know there are lower seats for £25, but I like (and want) to sit in the upper section) is a lot for a game, along with 2 hours of travelling each way. It takes a whole day and will end up costing over £100 for both of us to go.

Also, different circumstances. people who used to go, may be fed up with it and now do something else on a Saturday. They might have a commitment for month/a year.

I recently had a baby and quite frankly, I'd rather send my weekends with him, than losing a day watching the dire stuff we produce. Its just my opinion and I'm sure other people's are different.
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:45 - Sep 18 with 7231 viewsVaughan8

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:34 - Sep 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Can't be the football then, as we were good in 1998 and have been more rubbish than we are now in the period since

Surely you aren't comparing attendances in 1998 to now?
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:52 - Sep 18 with 7223 viewsMattinLondon

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:26 - Sep 18 by flimflam

2 - 17th playing great football, introducing the yoof but not able to compete physically

?

It does annoy me when people go from one extreme to the other.

It is possible to play passing attractive football and not physically strong and still achieve promotion. Teams like Swansea and Bournemouth have proved this.

MM will never change. He will always be a safety first manager who prefers old school footballers who are proper blokes. Ok, if you don't care about style but that will never win back fans
My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 7189 viewsGuthrum

The attendances are pretty much on-trend for the steady decline which has been happening since the mid 2000s, only interrupted by a small blip after Keane was appointed and a more substantial boost as McCarthy hauled the team back towards the top end of the table.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 7123 viewsKieran_Knows

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:26 - Sep 18 by flimflam

?

Introducing the youth? Isn't that what is happening anyway?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 15:51 - Sep 18 with 7097 viewsIllinoisblue

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 15:12 - Sep 18 by Guthrum

The attendances are pretty much on-trend for the steady decline which has been happening since the mid 2000s, only interrupted by a small blip after Keane was appointed and a more substantial boost as McCarthy hauled the team back towards the top end of the table.

the question is, how low will they go? I remember crowds of 9k and 10k early on in the 91-92 season. Which rose slowly and steadily as the season progressed. Hopefully we'll see something similar happen this year...

62 - 78 - 81

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 15:55 - Sep 18 with 7078 viewsIllinoisblue

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 14:17 - Sep 18 by Benters

club should flood the schools of Suffolk and Essex with free tickets.

62 - 78 - 81

My brief thoughts on style, attendances etc... on 16:04 - Sep 18 with 7046 viewsbluehook

Starting so defensively against one of the bottom sides is a factor. Dull tactics.
All MM is interested in is not losing, and then hopefully nicking one or two.
Starting with a bright attacking side with the likes of Celina would excite the fans, and increase the gate.
If then we lose you can all blame me. Simples.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024