Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Samson sacking 22:14 - Sep 20 with 16382 views3_5_2

yet again, the FA appear to be so out of touch

Been suggested that they used the 2014 "issue" to get rid of him after the latest inquest. Even though they have had two now and cleared him.

Suspect there is more to this to come out still

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Mark Samson sacking on 22:23 - Sep 20 with 10912 viewsfooters

Absolutely. They said they're now only 'fully' aware of the 2014 issues having just got round to reading the whole report. In the last week- really? How convenient.

Hopefully the Commons committee might shed a bit more light on what actually happened, though I seriously doubt it. The FA has needed a serious shake up for decades and everyone knows it. But what will it take?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mark Samson sacking on 22:29 - Sep 20 with 10885 viewsCoco

FA are a bunch of clueless old cronies who are killing football with poor decision after poor decision.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mark Samson sacking on 22:40 - Sep 20 with 10848 viewsVaughan8

Maybe I am being thick but if he has been cleared twice, why is there another inquiry?

I just can't believe this player would make stuff up? What would she have to gain? Maybe these comments were a "joke" off the record and now can never be proven?

Who knows but some people are going to look very silly at the end of this whatever way it goes.

EDIT isn't it odd how he dropped her even though she was the top scorer in the women's league? It's just an odd situation and haven't some other players accused him of some sort of racist remarks.
I know this Bristol thing is something different about him having some sort of unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour.

1 thing ok, but there have been numerous things against this guy. Are they all making it up and he is just unlucky?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 22:52]
Mark Samson sacking on 22:51 - Sep 20 with 10787 viewsfooters

Mark Samson sacking on 22:40 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

Maybe I am being thick but if he has been cleared twice, why is there another inquiry?

I just can't believe this player would make stuff up? What would she have to gain? Maybe these comments were a "joke" off the record and now can never be proven?

Who knows but some people are going to look very silly at the end of this whatever way it goes.

EDIT isn't it odd how he dropped her even though she was the top scorer in the women's league? It's just an odd situation and haven't some other players accused him of some sort of racist remarks.
I know this Bristol thing is something different about him having some sort of unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour.

1 thing ok, but there have been numerous things against this guy. Are they all making it up and he is just unlucky?

They were only internal inquiries, so there's plenty of room for covering it up.

Aluko is a lawyer by profession so doubt she'd kick up such a fuss without reasonable grounds. Imagine laying not only your footballing life on the line but also your status as a lawyer, just to make a 'smear' against someone. Doesn't really stack up, does it?

I'm not making any judgement one way or the other, but something's not right here.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mark Samson sacking on 22:54 - Sep 20 with 10765 viewsVaughan8

Mark Samson sacking on 22:51 - Sep 20 by footers

They were only internal inquiries, so there's plenty of room for covering it up.

Aluko is a lawyer by profession so doubt she'd kick up such a fuss without reasonable grounds. Imagine laying not only your footballing life on the line but also your status as a lawyer, just to make a 'smear' against someone. Doesn't really stack up, does it?

I'm not making any judgement one way or the other, but something's not right here.

Just edited my post to say that exact thing. Something doesn't seem right.
Mark Samson sacking on 00:55 - Sep 21 with 10618 viewsFreddies_Ears

Mark Samson sacking on 22:54 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

Just edited my post to say that exact thing. Something doesn't seem right.

The coincidence of suddenly discovering some incriminating and, crucially, overlooked historic evidence of wrongdoing is a bit more than I can accept.

There Is a lot more to this than meets the eye.
Mark Samson sacking on 07:42 - Sep 21 with 10372 viewschristiand

Mark Samson sacking on 22:40 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

Aluko is a qualified solicitor, so she has that element of credibility. Just very bizarre that the FA have suddenly exposed this safeguarding case from his time at Bristol Academy. Why wasn't this evident when they were doing their background checks on him before his appointment as England boss? Just seems very convenient or is this just me?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mark Samson sacking on 08:13 - Sep 21 with 10276 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 07:42 - Sep 21 by christiand

Aluko is a qualified solicitor, so she has that element of credibility. Just very bizarre that the FA have suddenly exposed this safeguarding case from his time at Bristol Academy. Why wasn't this evident when they were doing their background checks on him before his appointment as England boss? Just seems very convenient or is this just me?

It seems ridiculous - Aluko clearly raised a grievance and the investigation into that was a total whitewash and then they did it again with the same outcome - didn't speak to key witnesses and just cleared him from it.

Then dropped Aluko for confidential comments made to her employer, and other black/mixed race players who have dared to say anything - and denied it's anything to do with the complaints and blamed it on other totally intangible reasons which just don't stack up.

Realised they've ballsed it up and have looked back for a reason to sack him whilst still claiming invesitgation was done well and result was fine which isn't how these things have to work.

Sport is difficult, because at times there has to be a Them v Us culture - and if you aren't p155ing out you are p155ing in so there is a difficult line to balance up with but the grievances from Aluko and Sanderson etc didn't seem that serious and that with a proper investigation could've been worked through - but their botch of those complaints has lead to this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Samson sacking on 08:23 - Sep 21 with 10235 viewsvapour_trail

Mark Samson sacking on 08:13 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

It seems ridiculous - Aluko clearly raised a grievance and the investigation into that was a total whitewash and then they did it again with the same outcome - didn't speak to key witnesses and just cleared him from it.

Then dropped Aluko for confidential comments made to her employer, and other black/mixed race players who have dared to say anything - and denied it's anything to do with the complaints and blamed it on other totally intangible reasons which just don't stack up.

Realised they've ballsed it up and have looked back for a reason to sack him whilst still claiming invesitgation was done well and result was fine which isn't how these things have to work.

Sport is difficult, because at times there has to be a Them v Us culture - and if you aren't p155ing out you are p155ing in so there is a difficult line to balance up with but the grievances from Aluko and Sanderson etc didn't seem that serious and that with a proper investigation could've been worked through - but their botch of those complaints has lead to this

The "grown ups" at the FA suddenly discovering reason to dismiss him due to conduct with his previous employer, well you really couldn't make that up could you.

Going to be a challenge to now reintegrate those on the outside pissing in.

Another fine mess the FA have got themselves into.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mark Samson sacking on 08:26 - Sep 21 with 10227 viewsGuthrum

Interestingly, heard on the radio last night that Bristol say they haven't been asked about the earlier enquiry at any point since. So the FA sought no clarification.

Not just odd, but on the face of it blatantly clumsy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark Samson sacking on 08:58 - Sep 21 with 10145 viewsPendejo

Mark Samson sacking on 08:26 - Sep 21 by Guthrum

Interestingly, heard on the radio last night that Bristol say they haven't been asked about the earlier enquiry at any point since. So the FA sought no clarification.

The FA clumsy, not undertaking due diligence? What in the name of Sam Allardyce does anyone expect of the gin drinking blazer and stripey tie types?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mark Samson sacking on 09:00 - Sep 21 with 10137 viewsmonty_radio

Mark Samson sacking on 08:23 - Sep 21 by vapour_trail

The "grown ups" at the FA suddenly discovering reason to dismiss him due to conduct with his previous employer, well you really couldn't make that up could you.

Going to be a challenge to now reintegrate those on the outside pissing in.

Another fine mess the FA have got themselves into.

Might well get messier if Samson hires himself a decent lawyer. Clearly the F.A. show themselves in an even poorer light if they think that referring to some previous charge that no-one's being given details of will close down the clamour. If his own story has a shred of credibility Samson has to launch a challenge.

The racism charge might then be shown to be his downfall, or something else as in:

Lawyer: ...And did you not ask how many times she'd been arested?

Samson: Certainly - I was commiserating with the fate that law-abiding people who are black have to suffer indignity when out on the streets.

If the F.A. are ready for all that, then they'll be breaking the habit of a lifetime.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 11:15]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mark Samson sacking on 09:12 - Sep 21 with 10105 viewsJakeITFC

Either way, the bloke comes across as a grade A knob.
Mark Samson sacking on 09:19 - Sep 21 with 10089 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Mark Samson sacking on 08:26 - Sep 21 by Guthrum

Even if you take the Aluko allegations out of the question for a second...

He was investigated due to 'Safeguarding concerns' in 2014. Cleared by the FA and allowed to continue working in Football, the FA then appoint him as national team coach.. But then 3 years later out of the blue he is sacked due to that initial investigation.. But the FA state he is still allowed to work in football

Either he should never have been appointed, or the FA are looking for a reason to get rid which will undoubtedly be dragged through the courts with claims from Sampsons and then counter claims from players (Aluko etc.)

All in all. An absolute balls up
Mark Samson sacking on 09:23 - Sep 21 with 10073 viewshampstead_blue

I don't they are "out of touch", I think that they made a rather large assumption based on what they "wanted to see".

The problem as I see it is that they wanted him in the job and were prepared "not to look too deeply" into the problems he had at Bristol.

They hoped that the simple fact that nothing was found against him would be enough.

They should have read the report but chose not to do so.

Whomever signed-off his employment at the FA should get the sack for gross negligence.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mark Samson sacking on 09:50 - Sep 21 with 9991 viewsBasuco

Player falls out with manager shock! Manager gets sack shock! It happens all the time in the football league. There will be a large payoff and it will all be forgotten as is the usual case. The fact that he has been a highly successful coach appears to have been forgotten, making players work for a place in his team rather than go on past reputation is not the FA way. Being successful using these methods is not the FA way, pander to players whims let them do what they want and get picked regardless of fitness or form and fail dismally, now that is the FA way.
Mark Samson sacking on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 9975 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 09:50 - Sep 21 by Basuco

Player falls out with manager shock! Manager gets sack shock! It happens all the time in the football league. There will be a large payoff and it will all be forgotten as is the usual case. The fact that he has been a highly successful coach appears to have been forgotten, making players work for a place in his team rather than go on past reputation is not the FA way. Being successful using these methods is not the FA way, pander to players whims let them do what they want and get picked regardless of fitness or form and fail dismally, now that is the FA way.

That isn't how the Aluko case went - she raised a complaint to powers that be in confidence and was told it wouldn't affect her selection and the next squad she was dropped and the reason she was given was for showing 'UNLionness behaviour' and looking withdrawn in a team meeting.

That was a player with 102 caps, who was top scorer in the league and had scored 12 goals in last 16 starts for England - not some squad filler.

Mark Samson sacking on 10:22 - Sep 21 with 9901 viewslowhouseblue

Mark Samson sacking on 09:59 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

That isn't how the Aluko case went - she raised a complaint to powers that be in confidence and was told it wouldn't affect her selection and the next squad she was dropped and the reason she was given was for showing 'UNLionness behaviour' and looking withdrawn in a team meeting.

That was a player with 102 caps, who was top scorer in the league and had scored 12 goals in last 16 starts for England - not some squad filler.

quasi-judicial processes and managing a football team don't sit well together. the idea that a manager's decision on who to drop is then open to a procedural challenge is odd. managers drop people if the manager's view is that they are damaging the team. it's their job to make those decisions. the accusations of racism weren't proven (though the FA sounds to have possibly even cocked that up) but beyond that specific aspect I don't see how his decisions can reasonably be challenged. you can't have a complaints panel to double check team selection.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mark Samson sacking on 10:24 - Sep 21 with 9890 viewsuncle

Looks like the womens game is finally getting treated the same way as the mens game, in this respect.
Mark Samson sacking on 10:26 - Sep 21 with 9877 viewschicoazul

Mark Samson sacking on 07:42 - Sep 21 by christiand

Is Aluko single? She sounds like pretty much my ideal woman.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Samson sacking on 10:28 - Sep 21 with 9869 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 10:22 - Sep 21 by lowhouseblue

quasi-judicial processes and managing a football team don't sit well together. the idea that a manager's decision on who to drop is then open to a procedural challenge is odd. managers drop people if the manager's view is that they are damaging the team. it's their job to make those decisions. the accusations of racism weren't proven (though the FA sounds to have possibly even cocked that up) but beyond that specific aspect I don't see how his decisions can reasonably be challenged. you can't have a complaints panel to double check team selection.

She made a complaint, in confidence, to Dan Ashworth and then a week later was dropped out of the blue.

He shouldn't have been aware of that complaint, and it's stretching anyone's belief that he wasn't.

I don't disagree with the main crux of your point - but in this case if there is a confidential grievance made over a serious matter then the FA have to act and giving the coach the info and having him drop the player isn't correct.

If Harry Kane made a confidential complaint about Southgate to Dan Ashworth, and then was dropped the week later then imagine the fall out. The FA have totally f*cked this and in trying to get themselves out of a hole have made it much worse

Mark Samson sacking on 10:38 - Sep 21 with 9812 viewsNo9

The FA is not fit for purpose (as this case adequately shows) & hasn't been for some considerable time .
Mark Samson sacking on 11:29 - Sep 21 with 9734 viewsmonty_radio

Mark Samson sacking on 09:59 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

Letting words like racism and safeguarding drift about without substantive evidence offered in the public domain is fraught. It may even be the F.A. hoped that people would just nod and say there's no smoke without fire, but that, if it were so, would be naive.

Unless Samson himself recognises the charges as legitimate, and prefers not to have them publicly aired, he will have little choice but to defend himself through the courts. Then it will come down to who said what, when and to whom. And guilt or innocence disappears in a fog of claim and counter-claim. In such an atmosphere the F.A. are always likely to show themselves in a disorganised and unprofessional light.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mark Samson sacking on 12:03 - Sep 21 with 9671 viewsElderGrizzly

Mark Samson sacking on 10:28 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

She made a complaint, in confidence, to Dan Ashworth and then a week later was dropped out of the blue.

He shouldn't have been aware of that complaint, and it's stretching anyone's belief that he wasn't.

I don't disagree with the main crux of your point - but in this case if there is a confidential grievance made over a serious matter then the FA have to act and giving the coach the info and having him drop the player isn't correct.

If Harry Kane made a confidential complaint about Southgate to Dan Ashworth, and then was dropped the week later then imagine the fall out. The FA have totally f*cked this and in trying to get themselves out of a hole have made it much worse

I think he’s sacked because he literally did get into a hole....

But poor taste jokes aside, who is to say the safeguarding issue was dealt with correctly? Have they brushed that under the carpet too?

A journo was saying this morning, apparently there are now a few willing to come forward from his Bristol days.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 12:06]
on 12:05 - Sep 21 with 9651 views_

Mark Samson sacking on 12:03 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

I think he’s sacked because he literally did get into a hole....

But poor taste jokes aside, who is to say the safeguarding issue was dealt with correctly? Have they brushed that under the carpet too?

A journo was saying this morning, apparently there are now a few willing to come forward from his Bristol days.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 12:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024