Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HMRC 11:59 - Sep 23 with 1741 viewsWD19

Now I appreciate that I am very fortunate to get so far in life without having it previously confirmed to me that HMRC are not your friend........but...

They have decided I need to complete self-assessment, despite 99.95% of my taxable income passing through PAYE. Likely just a massive pain in the bum, but should (hopefully) not be painful other than the wasted time form filling for no reason......but...

Having gone in through the 'government gateway' there is no obvious link to complete self assessment. No problem, I thought, I will give the helpful people a call so they can point me in the right direction.....

....after 5 minutes of answering questions from a bot they had established that I needed help registering for self assessment. Well done bot. They then warned me that they were busy and suggested I might want to call back later........as I was resigning myself to a long-stretch listening to hold music the bot then announced that they were busy and couldn't help me right now.....then hung up!!!

Is this normal? I am guessing the answer is a resounding YES.....

Mostly I am still just a bit stunned that having wasted 5 minutes of my time I have just been hung up on by a bot.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe it was Gromheort getting his/her own back for me being mean during the GE.
HMRC on 12:02 - Sep 23 with 1717 viewsStokieBlue

You'll be lucky to ever get through to a person.

However, surprisingly the website is pretty good at guiding you through the self-assessment if you wish to do it yourself. Once you actually find the forms you'll be fine.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

HMRC on 12:10 - Sep 23 with 1677 viewsdirtyboy

I'm dropping you a PM
HMRC on 12:15 - Sep 23 with 1660 viewsBluefish

HMRC are great I phoned up to claim my rebate for my pension contributions and they said how much do you want
I have them the amount and they said ok and raised the credit. Nutters

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

HMRC on 12:23 - Sep 23 with 1630 viewsDanny_G

They're much less busy early in the mornings. I'd recommend phoning as soon as they open.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 12:23]
HMRC on 12:24 - Sep 23 with 1621 viewsAce_High1

Yes same experience I had when I last tried to get through on the phone.
HMRC on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 1375 viewsJ2BLUE

I completed it with the aid of their live chat feature. I shouldn't have been so honest, I was declaring peanuts and it was a massive pain in the arse.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024