Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? 15:43 - Sep 25 with 8191 viewsBluedandy

Mine didn't even though we don't live in Suffolk ... thankfully they have not reported me to the NSPCC ... in fac they are both proper Town fans and one is showing signs of incipient fanaticism.

However as a child of the Robson era I am still concerned this might become a source of inter-generational resentment if Town do not get promoted in the near future.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 15:53 - Sep 25 with 5860 viewsFtnfwest

yes and no, i used reverse psychology and just taught him to hate Norwich from an early age. Years later after an indifference to footy generally between the ages of 8 and 13 (and having not forgotten the norwich stuff) he suddenly realised he was therefore a lifelong town fan
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 15:54 - Sep 25 with 5860 viewsIllinoisblue

told my kids they can choose whatever team they like for NFL, baseball, NBA etc. But for, ahem, "soccer", they can ONLY be ITFC fans. Non-negotiable.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:31 - Sep 25 with 5811 viewsgerard1947

Never really thought about it. My dad supported Ipswich, he took me, my first full season was when we won the old 1st Division. I took my son from a young age despite having moved over 50 miles away by that time. We both now take his son, my grandson.

I guess we could have supported who we wanted but there's never been any inclination to support anyone other than Town.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:51 - Sep 25 with 5773 viewsBlueorder

My lad was 'recruited' by MK Dons when they came to his school handing out free tickets,shirts and stuff.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:52 - Sep 25 with 5762 viewsSpruceMoose

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:51 - Sep 25 by Blueorder

My lad was 'recruited' by MK Dons when they came to his school handing out free tickets,shirts and stuff.

What!? How could you allow that?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:53 - Sep 25 with 5762 viewsVaughan8

Have a 4 month old baby and this is a dilemma.

We live in Bedfordshire so not that close to Ipswich, my dad supports Tranmere, my wife's family support Luton and we live in an "Arsenal" supporting area.

My wife's family have season tickets at Luton so I'm thinking he might end up supporting them

I would prefer him to support a team he actually has a chance of watching live instead of someone like Man Utd etc. Obviously a certain green and yellow team are out of the question!
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 16:56]
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:55 - Sep 25 with 5751 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

I didn't have a choice.

Ipswich or leave the house. I was taught from a very early age that pairing anything green and yellow was a no go, and even now, sweetcorn and peas need to be on opposite sides of the plate, same with lemons and limes in the fruit bowl...
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:05 - Sep 25 with 5727 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 16:51 - Sep 25 by Blueorder

Seriously? I would genuinely have been livid with that. How could you not fight to reverse that?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:14 - Sep 25 with 5723 viewsbenrhyddingblue

I live in Yorkshire and have taken my two boys to games from an early age. We go to about 15-20 games a season and they are hooked - they are 10 and 7 and so not exactly had many highs and have mainly attended away games (although we do go to about 6/7 home games and they were mascots at Brentford this season).

They are probably more fanatical than me. My youngest refused a party bag at a friend's birthday last year because it was yellow. I also had to put my hand over his mouth at Leeds on Saturday at one point to stop him singing all the words to the "Who's the pride of Anglia" song.

Not sure how long or if it will last, but I will enjoy it as long as I can.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:16 - Sep 25 with 5716 viewsFixed_It

My kids don't like football. I'll leave the obvious response to others...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:22 - Sep 25 with 5708 viewsSpruceMoose

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:16 - Sep 25 by Fixed_It

My kids don't like football. I'll leave the obvious response to others...

Um... Gatwick? Something about crisps? Cheese?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:23 - Sep 25 with 5708 viewsblueislander

Mine were not born in Ipswich , nor have ever lived there, but I pride myself on the fact that they are died in the wool Town fans, and would not dream of supporting another team.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:25 - Sep 25 with 5701 viewsElderGrizzly

Bought my soon to be born girl her first ITFC kit a few weeks ago. So the answer is no :)
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:59 - Sep 25 with 5665 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:25 - Sep 25 by ElderGrizzly

Bought my soon to be born girl her first ITFC kit a few weeks ago. So the answer is no :)

But you're too old ! ........ or maybe you're Rod Stewart.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 18:11 - Sep 25 with 5645 viewsBlue_Order

You've failed at parenting. Please change your username immediately incase I'm ever mistaken for you.

MK Dons of all teams 😩
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 18:52 - Sep 25 with 5607 viewsBlueorder

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 18:11 - Sep 25 by Blue_Order

You've failed at parenting. Please change your username immediately incase I'm ever mistaken for you.

MK Dons of all teams 😩

I know what you're saying but the trouble is he isn't bothered about their (short) history and how they arrived in MK. We live about half an hour from their ground.
I'd rather he supported Luton to be honest.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 18:59 - Sep 25 with 5598 viewsBlue_Order

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 18:52 - Sep 25 by Blueorder

I know what you're saying but the trouble is he isn't bothered about their (short) history and how they arrived in MK. We live about half an hour from their ground.
I'd rather he supported Luton to be honest.

Cobblers!
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:31 - Sep 25 with 5560 viewsElderGrizzly

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 17:59 - Sep 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

But you're too old ! ........ or maybe you're Rod Stewart.

How old do you think i am? 😳

I’ve literally just turned 40
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:36 - Sep 25 with 5553 viewsbrogansnose

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 15:54 - Sep 25 by Illinoisblue

told my kids they can choose whatever team they like for NFL, baseball, NBA etc. But for, ahem, "soccer", they can ONLY be ITFC fans. Non-negotiable.

Likewise.

This is not the thing to put to chance. Grandfather supported Town as did my father, myself and now the boy. He didn't have any choice and I did my damnest to make sure that happened.

Non negotiable. Couldn't give a toss about any other sport or affiliation.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:44 - Sep 25 with 5538 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:31 - Sep 25 by ElderGrizzly

How old do you think i am? 😳

I’ve literally just turned 40

But you're called Elder Grizzly so you must be really old !

Edit....I'm literally held captive in a bank cellar !
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 19:45]

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:49 - Sep 25 with 5518 viewsElderGrizzly

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:44 - Sep 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

But you're called Elder Grizzly so you must be really old !

Edit....I'm literally held captive in a bank cellar !
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 19:45]

It’s a play on words about what they call Mormon missionaries :)
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:51 - Sep 25 with 5515 viewsBlueorder

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 18:59 - Sep 25 by Blue_Order

Cobblers!

I don't think he ever considered Northampton!
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 20:38 - Sep 25 with 5458 viewsNazemariner

All three of mine kiss the badge and join me in a rousing chorus of "come on you blues" before I set off to watch a game. My 5 year old son voices his displeasure at any yellow and green combo that he sees.
Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 22:05 - Sep 25 with 5395 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When I'm older and have kids I will give my lad a choice..

Ipswich or adoption

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 22:10 - Sep 25 with 5382 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are you a parent? If so did your kids have any choice over who they supported? on 19:49 - Sep 25 by ElderGrizzly

It’s a play on words about what they call Mormon missionaries :)

Got it.....you're a really old Mormon!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024