Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches 09:23 - Sep 26 with 2254 viewsFenboyBlue

Does anybody experience this at their work?
I work in an office where about 6-7 blokes all supporting a variety of Premiership football teams spend about an hour on Monday discussing what went on in the real matches and then about an hour a day FOR FIVE EFFING DAYS about what this means in their imaginary fantasy league.
This to me is just plain weird & I take the mick quite openly out of them, that isn't the real game exciting enough for them.
But they carry on unashamed.
Is this the norm now ?
Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 12:25 - Sep 26 with 2173 viewsTractorWood

To be honest I wouldn't really watch the Prem if it wasn't for football predicitors and fantasy football.

I really enjoy the Championship as I follow a team in it but I find myself having little interest in most Prem games apart from wanting Man Utd to lose.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 12:31 - Sep 26 with 2162 viewsITFC_Forever

I have a Fantasy team which I try and manage closely, but usually, as soon as I transfer a player in, they lose form immediately or when I transfer one out, they re-discover their form.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 12:35 - Sep 26 with 2155 viewsSaleAway

I'm with TractorWood on this.... I have no interest in the Prem normally, but participating in fantasy league gives each game some context. Changes the viewpoint on games as well, as its rarely about the result, but more about how individuals perform.

it also provides a common ground - because otherwise, people supporting different teams have a very narrow focus.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 12:48 - Sep 26 with 2134 viewsyorkshireblue

I enjoy both fantasy premier league and NFL. I expect people who don't treat it just ignore the conversations like I do when they are banging on about Love Island or what not.

Like others have said, if it wasn't for FF I probably couldn't care less about Bournemouth vs Leicester this weekend. But with two players featuring, I'll have - at least a passing - interest.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:53 - Sep 26 with 2120 viewsJ2BLUE

Same thing as having a bet really. Just trying to add some interest. I have no interest in FF but I do like a bet to make Stoke vs Burnley more watchable.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 12:56]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 12:54 - Sep 26 with 2121 viewsLankHenners

I can't even be bothered with Fantasy Football or even watching MOTD anymore such is my lack of interest in the Prem, which is a real shame.

The only thing I care about in the Prem is that West Ham get relegated.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 13:04 - Sep 26 with 2089 viewsBlue_Order

Fenboy's obviously still bitter that he never got an invite to join the league at the start of the season.
Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 13:43 - Sep 26 with 2034 viewsDarth_Koont

I think I've watched about 10 Prem League games over the past 5 years and that's even with the opportunity to watch all of them. So my interest in the fantasy version is probably in minus figures.

Having said that if it was about having a laugh with a group of friends and colleagues then there'd at least be a point.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 14:38 - Sep 26 with 1982 viewsReuser_is_God

FF between me & my mates is going to the next level. Side bets where the loser dies hair etc. It's getting way OTT. I'm 10 points clear at the top & I'm walking round like Conor McGregor.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 14:41 - Sep 26 with 1972 viewsTonyj

I came in the overall top 1000 last year - possibly the happiest football experience of my life.
Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 15:01 - Sep 26 with 1932 viewsITFC_Forever

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 14:41 - Sep 26 by Tonyj

I came in the overall top 1000 last year - possibly the happiest football experience of my life.

That's quite an achievement. In a number of ways.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 18:01 - Sep 26 with 1845 viewsJimmyJazz

Real matches vs Fantasy Football matches on 13:04 - Sep 26 by Blue_Order

Fenboy's obviously still bitter that he never got an invite to join the league at the start of the season.

The sad point is that it's an imaginary fantasy league. Jeez, at least sign up for the real deal and stop sulking by the water cooler

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024