Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North Korea stating us have declared war 10:02 - Sep 26 with 2390 viewsgreyhound

What are peoples views on this. Trumps tweets are certainly slack jawed. He doesn't act in the professional manner you would expect. The fact that nk are alluding to the fact war has been declared on Twitter of all platform shows how dangerous trumps words can be. It's scary when social media becomes a threat to world peace. I check the BBC news site almost hourly now waiting for something major to happen.

While it looks like the UK are not getting involved I find the prospect of 2 countries with the largest military forces in the world provoking each other horrific. Something needs to be done to settle it all down because neither have any respect for one another which is how a catastrophe could happen in my eyes.
North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:04 - Sep 26 with 2377 viewsStokieBlue

Clearly it's total bobbins, the US have done no such thing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:08 - Sep 26 with 2360 viewsNo9

It is escalating

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/25/we-have-right-to-shoot-down-strategic-us-bombers

I have a nasty feeling that neither is going to back down
North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:11 - Sep 26 with 2351 viewsStokieBlue

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:08 - Sep 26 by No9

It is escalating

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/25/we-have-right-to-shoot-down-strategic-us-bombers

I have a nasty feeling that neither is going to back down

They are wrong on that as well though, they have no right to shoot down anything in international airspace.

Nothing is going to happen, it's just not worth it for any of the participants.

SB

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:15 - Sep 26 with 2335 viewsBluefish

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:04 - Sep 26 by StokieBlue

Clearly it's total bobbins, the US have done no such thing.

SB

Trump is doing his very best to provoke NK to start a war. It is WMDs all over again but on Twitter. Personally I think it stinks and backs up the thought that Bush and Trump were/are both determined to have a war to display their strength and be remembered as war presidents.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:15 - Sep 26 with 2334 viewsgreyhound

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:11 - Sep 26 by StokieBlue

They are wrong on that as well though, they have no right to shoot down anything in international airspace.

SB

It's difficult because the north probably realise that the US won't be able to do much without seriously affecting the south who are a key ally in all this.

It's currently a war of words but there's nothing to suggest it slowing and nk have their own programme that they are intent on sticking to despite it breaking global rules
North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:17 - Sep 26 with 2316 viewsNo9

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:11 - Sep 26 by StokieBlue

SB

I hope your second para becomes fact
I am not convinced = Trump cannot afford to back down because it will finish him if he doesn't stand up to make Ammerican great again - already a struggle.
& I doubt many in NK would consider telling their leader he is wrong?
North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:34 - Sep 26 with 2279 viewsBerlinBlue

Two leaders who are woefully unqualified to be leading their respective countries. You'd get more common sense in a school playground.
North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:39 - Sep 26 with 2264 viewsbaxterbasics

I thought that technically they are still at war anyway as the last one is only at 'ceasefire' or perhaps that's just the two Koreas?

'Funny' thing is Trump campaigned as an isolationist. Some things don't change I guess. US President must get briefed on day one "by the way, the worlds problems are now your problems"

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:56 - Sep 26 with 2229 viewsgreyhound

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:34 - Sep 26 by BerlinBlue

Two leaders who are woefully unqualified to be leading their respective countries. You'd get more common sense in a school playground.

It's difficult to comprehend that the majority of America believed trump was the best option. Hillary certainly wasn't going to win the hearts and minds of the entire country but I struggle to see how trumps reign will be seen as any more than a complete farce, and remain a joke for all of history
North Korea stating us have declared war on 11:00 - Sep 26 with 2218 viewsbaxterbasics

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:56 - Sep 26 by greyhound

It's difficult to comprehend that the majority of America believed trump was the best option. Hillary certainly wasn't going to win the hearts and minds of the entire country but I struggle to see how trumps reign will be seen as any more than a complete farce, and remain a joke for all of history

Technically a majority of Americans voted for Hilary - she won the popular vote, so take some comfort there.

If the economy performs well - and in a way that benefits blue collar workers - even if it is nothing to do with Trump, they will consider him a success, regardless of embarrasing Tweets or international posturing. Big if of course.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

North Korea stating us have declared war on 11:11 - Sep 26 with 2191 viewsTonyj

This is a good article, seemingly written by someone who knows their onions:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41356973
North Korea stating us have declared war on 11:42 - Sep 26 with 2138 viewsvapour_trail

North Korea stating us have declared war on 10:56 - Sep 26 by greyhound

He didn't get the majority of votes, Clinton did, but regardless the number of americans that did vote for him is a very poor reflection on that country.

However, plenty of people on here endorsed his presidency during that campaign, and not just the village idiots. Glassers for example, was a trump man.

I suspect he wants a war somewhere and sometime soon to define his presidency. He is a complete narcissist.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

North Korea stating us have declared war on 11:48 - Sep 26 with 2123 viewsStokieBlue

North Korea stating us have declared war on 11:42 - Sep 26 by vapour_trail

He didn't get the majority of votes, Clinton did, but regardless the number of americans that did vote for him is a very poor reflection on that country.

However, plenty of people on here endorsed his presidency during that campaign, and not just the village idiots. Glassers for example, was a trump man.

I suspect he wants a war somewhere and sometime soon to define his presidency. He is a complete narcissist.

The major issue is that he hasn't done anything he said he would do.

He said he would be protectionist but it's not happened, he hasn't whacked import tariffs on China so US manufacturers cannot compete so there are no more jobs for US citizens and everything is still imported. This will not change unless oil soars past 120 USD a barrel and transportation costs become huge - that is incredibly unlikely because the US own frakkers can make plenty of profit at 60 USD so that's a ceiling price now.

He also said he would be isolationist and stop being the worlds police - unfortunately it's not as easy as that, the US can't just ignore it's responsibilities.

So now he's discovered it's actually quite difficult to implement his promises he doesn't know what to do and thus lashes out on twitter all the time which in turn stokes disagreement internationally and internally causing far more issues that existed before he took office.

I guess the only good thing is that his tweeting and attitudes have exposed a worrying part of US society which was fairly well hidden/ignored previously and now it's exposed it can be tackled and confronted.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024