Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're on our way..... 08:23 - Sep 27 with 5728 viewsitfcjoe

#Woof

That was great fun, side looked so balanced and everyone playing to strengths and complimenting each other perfectly.

I'd have personally had Ward for Waghorn but Waggy was excellent and looks so sharp and dangerous around the box.

Skuse looking like he did in play off season with a proper partner alongside him, Adeyemi looks a real find.

Iorfa and Knudsen got forward excellently, Knudsen looked absolutely rapid on the overlap.

Spence has been brilliant this season, really like him as a player and a promising first start from Celina.

McGoldrick is an absolute class above - as always, if we keep him fit we've got a real chance at top 6.

Super Mick, proving the doubters wrong

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We're on our way..... on 08:26 - Sep 27 with 5690 viewsDarth_Koont

What I like about Adeyemi and Skuse is that they really forced Sunderland into playing around them and they mopped up everything through the middle.

Pronouns: He/Him

We're on our way..... on 08:27 - Sep 27 with 5676 viewsKieran_Knows

Good summary, but I’d say ‘DYNO MIK’ proving the doubters wrong.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We're on our way..... on 08:39 - Sep 27 with 5617 viewsSuperfrans

Agreed. It feels as if all the changes we have made in the summer have done their job:

We have players who can play the ball in defence (Spence, Iorfa) which improves link-up with the midfield.
We have a central midfield pairing with a balance between breaking up play and creating chances - Skuse, Adeyemi.
We have strikers who relish playing together - Waghorn, Garner, Didz etc.
We have a play-maker on form - Didz.
We have strikers on form and confident - Waghorn and Garner.
We have depth to the squad, with the likes of Nydam, Sears, Ward all able to come off the bench (not to mention the injured players, who will come back soon).

And, btw, I hadn't been convinced by Adeyemi before - but he was great last night. As you say, a real find.

Extremely encouraging. Roll on Saturday!

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

We're on our way..... on 08:49 - Sep 27 with 5575 viewsitfcjoe

We're on our way..... on 08:26 - Sep 27 by Darth_Koont

What I like about Adeyemi and Skuse is that they really forced Sunderland into playing around them and they mopped up everything through the middle.

There is just energy and physicality around there now - for all the criticism of Hyam he did add that to our game and make the players around him better by thundering around (in a disciplined manner generally) and hurrying and hassling.

Adeyemi seems to have similar attributes in that respect but more on the ball and getting forwards into pockets of space.

We're on our way..... on 09:00 - Sep 27 with 5533 viewsdavblue

We're on our way..... on 08:49 - Sep 27 by itfcjoe

There is just energy and physicality around there now - for all the criticism of Hyam he did add that to our game and make the players around him better by thundering around (in a disciplined manner generally) and hurrying and hassling.

Adeyemi seems to have similar attributes in that respect but more on the ball and getting forwards into pockets of space.

Our recruitment in the summer of 2015 turns out to have been a really poor summer after many lauded it as a great summer of signings.

Pitman, Douglas didn't suit a high intensity game that we played during the play off season and as a result we were very ineffective for 18 months. Not saying it's all their fault but they played more than the other signings made.

Im still not convinced we will make the top ten but there is a base to build from.

And on Mick im pleased for him, he had to put up with alot of stick last year, (some deserved) but he is a good manager at this level and nothing will change my mind on that, despite what some on here have said.
We're on our way..... on 09:29 - Sep 27 with 5427 viewsFtnfwest

Proving the doubters wrong by completely changing the style of play to what they wanted? Great performance, long may this approach last.
We're on our way..... on 09:47 - Sep 27 with 5387 viewsGuthrum

We're on our way..... on 08:27 - Sep 27 by Kieran_Knows

Good summary, but I’d say ‘DYNO MIK’ proving the doubters wrong.

I like that idea.

No longer "Dino Mick" - as in dinosaur, derived from δεινός ("deinos" - terrible, horrible; in the sense of fearsome, rather than cr@p).

But "Dyno Mick" - as in dynamic, derived from δύναμις ("dunamis" - power, strength, skill, authority).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We're on our way..... on 09:52 - Sep 27 with 5374 viewschicoazul

I suppose we could do with tightening up at the back a bit? If we really want to challenge. But that is churlish even for me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

We're on our way..... on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 5358 viewsDyland

We're on our way..... on 09:52 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

I suppose we could do with tightening up at the back a bit? If we really want to challenge. But that is churlish even for me.

I don't think that's churlish at all.

Only Southampton in recent memory got promoted whilst letting in goals but being simply unstoppable going forwards. And we are not at that level.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We're on our way..... on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 5310 viewsGuthrum

We're on our way..... on 09:52 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

Agree entirely. If we can tighten up the defence a bit without losing the attacking force, then Town would be truly fearsome opponents.

Not an entirely simple proposition, however, given that one feature of this season's tactics seems to be defenders playing the ball and getting forward, rather than purely guarding the goal area. May just come with more practice and could perhaps get easier as the season progresses if other teams start to sit back, fearing our potent strikeforce.

Badabing on 10:18 - Sep 27 with 5299 viewsDyland

We're on our way..... on 10:15 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

Agree entirely. If we can tighten up the defence a bit without losing the attacking force, then Town would be truly fearsome opponents.

Not an entirely simple proposition, however, given that one feature of this season's tactics seems to be defenders playing the ball and getting forward, rather than purely guarding the goal area. May just come with more practice and could perhaps get easier as the season progresses if other teams start to sit back, fearing our potent strikeforce.

And this is where luck and momentum play a part, with the form and quality of opposition at any given time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We're on our way..... on 10:20 - Sep 27 with 5279 viewschicoazul

It seems like Adeyemi is becoming an important part of this as a good partner for Skuse and someone who can get about the pitch. If he can mop up behind Celina et al, fill in when the FBs bomb on, win headers etc then his presence hopefully means it wont affect our fluency going forwards.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We're on our way..... on 10:21 - Sep 27 with 5267 viewsOsborneOneNil

We're on our way..... on 09:29 - Sep 27 by Ftnfwest

Proving the doubters wrong by completely changing the style of play to what they wanted? Great performance, long may this approach last.

Indeed.
We're on our way..... on 10:23 - Sep 27 with 5263 viewsSteve_M

A bit more athleticism in the centre of midfield and at full back makes a big difference here. Iorfa had a mixed game but got up and supported well and contributed to two of the goals just be being forwards and Jonas's overlaps were a threat all match.

Adeyemi might be the real difference though, as Joe says, he adds strength and energy in midfield but with so much more control than Hyam has. Skuse looks a better player immediately in a more balanced side as a result.

I do think that a side as good on the ball as Fulham would have exploited last night's lineup just as they did last month. For some matches Ward and Nydam should play but hopefully we'll stay very positive for home matches.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We're on our way..... on 10:23 - Sep 27 with 5261 viewsITFCBlues

You mention the side looking balanced - can we get away with that against a better side? Fulham obviously destroyed us with Waggy playing wide right & the gung-ho approach.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Badabing on 10:25 - Sep 27 with 5247 viewsGuthrum

Badabing on 10:18 - Sep 27 by Dyland

And this is where luck and momentum play a part, with the form and quality of opposition at any given time.

Indeed. Our early-season schedule may turn out to have been quite kind (especially given the injury situation), but having the wins on the board, with points and goals in the bank, will give the team vital confidence and momentum going into the important months up to Christmas.

It's easier to maintain a position up the top end of the table than it is to climb there later in the season. Everybody else is having to play catch-up rather than needing to do it ourselves.

Badabing on 10:34 - Sep 27 with 5214 viewsITFCBlues

Badabing on 10:25 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

Indeed. Our early-season schedule may turn out to have been quite kind (especially given the injury situation), but having the wins on the board, with points and goals in the bank, will give the team vital confidence and momentum going into the important months up to Christmas.

It's easier to maintain a position up the top end of the table than it is to climb there later in the season. Everybody else is having to play catch-up rather than needing to do it ourselves.

Are there really any easy games though? Millwall beating everyone at home. I suspect Birmingham will improve over time. Barnsley doing well at home. It's just really Bolton who are the whipping boys

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

We're on our way..... on 10:36 - Sep 27 with 5199 viewsNo9

A remarkable performance from a MM team, long may it remain
It is still a long way to go.
We're on our way..... on 10:40 - Sep 27 with 5187 viewsBarneycurley

I defo think the blunts game is a great test for us and to showcase our new found attacking intent.

Play like we have last 2 games there's no reason not to think it could become a marker for us to the rest of the league.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

We're on our way..... on 10:44 - Sep 27 with 5161 viewsGuthrum

We're on our way..... on 10:20 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

It seems like Adeyemi is becoming an important part of this as a good partner for Skuse and someone who can get about the pitch. If he can mop up behind Celina et al, fill in when the FBs bomb on, win headers etc then his presence hopefully means it wont affect our fluency going forwards.

All about "units". A functioning, cohesive midfield unit (made up of quality players) to go behind the wide/attacking one will improve all-over play.

Badabing on 10:51 - Sep 27 with 5138 viewsGuthrum

Badabing on 10:34 - Sep 27 by ITFCBlues

Are there really any easy games though? Millwall beating everyone at home. I suspect Birmingham will improve over time. Barnsley doing well at home. It's just really Bolton who are the whipping boys

Indeed, altho I think if we'd had to face most or all of Cardiff, Leeds, Wolves and Preston early on, then things might be a good deal less rosy. Not so alarming now, as we have points in the bank, position in the table and the team knows it is capable of taking them on.

We're on our way..... on 12:16 - Sep 27 with 5020 viewsClausThomsen

Good to hear that Skuse and Adeyemi works as a 2, that's something we haven't had since Bishop was fit.

No need to change the team for Saturday, very encouraging and hopefully a sign that this new team has clicked.

9 games gone, so far so good.
Badabing on 12:22 - Sep 27 with 4997 viewsFreddies_Ears

Badabing on 10:25 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

It was great to have their points in the bag last night and then enjoy how many other teams dropped points. Whether we can challenge top 2, I doubt. But we have put ourselves in a great position to compete for top 6.

Superb performance last night, building on Leeds.
We're on our way..... on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 4993 viewsitfcjoe

We're on our way..... on 12:16 - Sep 27 by ClausThomsen

Good to hear that Skuse and Adeyemi works as a 2, that's something we haven't had since Bishop was fit.

No need to change the team for Saturday, very encouraging and hopefully a sign that this new team has clicked.

9 games gone, so far so good.

I think there probably is an argument to get either Ward or Nydam in on Saturday, but would be very surprised if it isn't an unchanged XI (injury permitting)

We're on our way..... on 12:33 - Sep 27 with 4968 viewsClausThomsen

We're on our way..... on 12:23 - Sep 27 by itfcjoe

I think there probably is an argument to get either Ward or Nydam in on Saturday, but would be very surprised if it isn't an unchanged XI (injury permitting)

Bristol City are banging the goals in as well, away from home they've scored 2 at Brentford, 3 at Wolves and 3 at Watford in the cup, they're unbeaten in 4 on the road as well.

Just hit them with that team if possible, it'll be a good litmus test before the international break and we shouldn't fear anyone after yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024