Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacked in the morning? 10:01 - Sep 27 with 2511 viewsstrikalite

Sunderland supporters sang that at 1-1 then? Mick said he didn't like having that sung at him last night so assuming it was Sunderland fans when they equalized?
Sacked in the morning? on 10:04 - Sep 27 with 2480 viewsartsbossbeard

Didn't happen.

North Stand sang it to Grayson late on and Mick looked to have a word with him, pointed to the North & then himself in a "this is normally reserved for me" thing.

I may be wrong as I'm no body language expert.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sacked in the morning? on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 2462 viewsHarry_Palmer

I'm a bit confused by that one as I can't recall hearing it at all. I was in the South Stand and certainly don't remember hearing the Sunderland fans sing it.
See this thread on the subject... on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 2466 viewsSitfcB

Can anybody shed some light on this ? by BanksterDebtSlave 26 Sep 2017 23:25
M.M.
“But I had a really tough year last year and I thought it was a bit wrong of them to sing that I’m getting sacked in the morning [tonight], I thought that was a bit appalling. I didn’t like that, to be honest.”

[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 10:06]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sacked in the morning? on 10:09 - Sep 27 with 2424 viewsITFC_Forever

Sacked in the morning? on 10:04 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

Didn't happen.

North Stand sang it to Grayson late on and Mick looked to have a word with him, pointed to the North & then himself in a "this is normally reserved for me" thing.

This.... there was a rendition of it from the SBRL, obviously aimed at Grayson.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sacked in the morning? on 10:09 - Sep 27 with 2429 viewsstrikalite

Sacked in the morning? on 10:04 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

Didn't happen.

Just read Mick's after match report on the homepage and he says he didn't like having that sung at him....?

“But I had a really tough year last year and I thought it was a bit wrong of them to sing that I’m getting sacked in the morning [tonight], I thought that was a bit appalling. I didn’t like that, to be honest.”
Sacked in the morning? on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 2380 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacked in the morning? on 10:09 - Sep 27 by strikalite

Just read Mick's after match report on the homepage and he says he didn't like having that sung at him....?

I'm of the thinking that he didn't think it was a nice thing to sing at Grayson and the quote, I believe, needs additional speech marks. See below:

“But I had a really tough year last year and I thought it was a bit wrong of them to sing that "I’m getting sacked in the morning" [tonight], I thought that was a bit appalling. I didn’t like that, to be honest.”

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sacked in the morning? on 10:16 - Sep 27 with 2378 viewsSitfcB

Sacked in the morning? on 10:09 - Sep 27 by strikalite

Dictionary
joke×
joke
dʒəʊk/Submit
noun
a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry; More
verb
make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.
"she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"
synonyms: tell jokes, crack jokes;

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting; Mor

COYB

Sacked in the morning? on 10:22 - Sep 27 with 2334 viewsstrikalite

Sacked in the morning? on 10:16 - Sep 27 by SitfcB

Dictionary
joke×
joke
dʒəʊk/Submit
noun
a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry; More
verb
make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.
"she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"
synonyms: tell jokes, crack jokes;

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting; Mor

Ah yeah ok ha.....it's just when you're reading it and there's no " Mick joked" at the end you're not sure what's what innit :)...hence thinking it got sang by Sunderland fans when they equalized..

Ok, thanks, move on, next....
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 10:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Sacked in the morning? on 10:25 - Sep 27 with 2314 viewsNazemariner

His tongue was firmly in his cheek.

He gestured to the NS when they sung it, as if to say "what me?"

Fancy that, MM has a sense of humour!
Sacked in the morning? on 10:29 - Sep 27 with 2277 viewsSitfcB

Sacked in the morning? on 10:22 - Sep 27 by strikalite

Ah yeah ok ha.....it's just when you're reading it and there's no " Mick joked" at the end you're not sure what's what innit :)...hence thinking it got sang by Sunderland fans when they equalized..

Ok, thanks, move on, next....
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 10:25]

I do suppose it depends on what tone he used when saying it? Only Phil will be able to say...

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024