Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner 10:57 - Sep 27 with 2889 viewsHerbivore

Really, really developing a man crush for Joe Garner. Not been a lot of mention of him but I thought he was absolutely immense last night, he gets through so much work and occupies the defence and that allows space to open up for the likes of Didz, Celina and Waghorn. His performance really deserved a goal last night, although he showed great quality with his delivery for the opener and his involvement in the third goal. I also love how he works the ref and plays the game, buying free kicks and getting into the opposition. We've really missed having someone who can do all that nasty stuff that other teams do to us so well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Garner on 11:14 - Sep 27 with 2808 viewsJimmy86

I know that as unfortunate as it is these days that "managing" the ref is now part and parcel of the game, however I also have found it somewhat distasteful when the likes of Bradley Johnson, fatty Martin and Keogh did it for Derby a couple of seasons back. They practically reffed the game for him. That needs a strong ref, as that shouldn't be aloud to happen.

Bournemouth were also very good at doing that, along with diving etc and was a big reason why I dislike them whilst in championship
Garner on 11:22 - Sep 27 with 2767 viewshomer_123

A loathsome player.

By that I mean the sort of player you would hate playing against of be playing against your team. Niggly, annoying, mouthy etc etc

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Garner on 11:29 - Sep 27 with 2744 viewsPNE1971

Garner on 11:14 - Sep 27 by Jimmy86

I know that as unfortunate as it is these days that "managing" the ref is now part and parcel of the game, however I also have found it somewhat distasteful when the likes of Bradley Johnson, fatty Martin and Keogh did it for Derby a couple of seasons back. They practically reffed the game for him. That needs a strong ref, as that shouldn't be aloud to happen.

Bournemouth were also very good at doing that, along with diving etc and was a big reason why I dislike them whilst in championship

North end fan here. Great start to your season!! hope you keep it up, would much rather see Ipswich go up than a Cardiff, Leeds or club spending their failure money- type team
I was just about to post a thread asking how Garner was doing for you, one of my personal favourite players at north end for a good few years. Many north enders felt he couldn't cut it at championship level but he seems to be starting every game for you after a bit of a barren goal scoring run.
he was always a player that the opposition hated but if you had him in your team he was a favourite with his aggressive "sneaky" attitude..
Garner on 11:32 - Sep 27 with 2721 viewsitfcjoe

On whoscored.com rating system, which obviously has it's flaws and isn't perfect, it gave him a 9.6 and clear MOTM - that rating is almost unheard of for a player who 'only' got one assist in a game.

His heading is so impressive, he wins so much (10 headers yesterday) and even when he 'loses' a header he does enough so that the defender only can put it out for a throw in or similar.

Make no mistake, he is a very good player too - his quality on the ball made 3 goals for us and he works his absolute nuts off. Plus all the qualities we've missed since Stephen Hunt left re managing the ref, which we have been poor at.

Also, just noted on whoscored.com he is ranked the best Championship player of the season - by a decent distance too ( https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6848/Stages/15177/Pl

1 - Garner - 7.79
2 - Bamba - Cardiff - 7.65
3 - Bryan - B.City - 7.64
4 - Freeman - QPR - 7.57
5 - Boly - Wolves - 7.57

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Garner on 11:36 - Sep 27 with 2696 viewsReuser_is_God

Being horrible to play against is one of the best attributes you can have as a footballer & Garner has that in abundance.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Garner on 12:45 - Sep 27 with 2460 viewsJ4ck22

For a lad who isn't very tall, he wins a hell of a lot of headers against big center backs. However, when he doesn't you can guarantee that he will have either distracted the defender well enough to make a hash of the header or he'll be on the floor rubbing his head in an attempt to win a free kick. He's hilarious to watch because he's constantly winding people up.
Garner on 14:02 - Sep 27 with 2269 viewsJohnny_Boy

No Hard-on for Waghorn then?
Garner on 14:52 - Sep 27 with 2141 viewsOsborneOneNil

Herbivore - I hope Skusey doesn't hear you say that about Garner....... ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Garner on 15:13 - Sep 27 with 2093 viewsHerbivore

Garner on 14:52 - Sep 27 by OsborneOneNil

Herbivore - I hope Skusey doesn't hear you say that about Garner....... ;)

Eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024