Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet 12:29 - Sep 27 with 6057 viewstortoise

That's more than we were at the start of the season!?! I mean I don't think for a moment we will, but it's a bit weird!
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 12:32 - Sep 27 with 5594 viewsStenvict

The bookies clearly don't rate us at all. Almost every game this season no matter how our opposition are doing, we've been bigger odds. Last night we were 7/5 on SkyBet.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 12:36 - Sep 27 with 5572 viewsFreddies_Ears

So are there still decent odds on us avoiding the drop? Get in there!
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:08 - Sep 27 with 5471 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 12:32 - Sep 27 by Stenvict

The bookies clearly don't rate us at all. Almost every game this season no matter how our opposition are doing, we've been bigger odds. Last night we were 7/5 on SkyBet.

The bookies are neutral. Their prices are based on spreading risk. If people piled on us they'd shorten the odds. It's simply mass market opinion. No one believed in Huddersfield last season. No one believed in Leicester in their title winning season until late on. Both simply couldn't happen. That's the mass opinion on us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:12 - Sep 27 with 5455 viewsTJS

I think the odds are shortened / lengthened quite a bit according to the number of divs lumping on their own team.
We probably have a lot less than Leeds.
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:13 - Sep 27 with 5442 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:12 - Sep 27 by TJS

I think the odds are shortened / lengthened quite a bit according to the number of divs lumping on their own team.

I have coined this the 'Liverpool Delusion'

Truly impaired.

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:33 - Sep 27 with 5392 viewstortoise

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:12 - Sep 27 by TJS

Well we're down to 100/1 so obviously some huge money has gone on us this morning! 😂
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:05 - Sep 27 with 5289 viewsITFCson

This is great news for the smart gamblers as there is value to be had.

Still 10/1 to make top 6 with one firm....yes it probably wont happen but certainly there is more than a 10% chance it will.

We are currently priced at 9/4 vs Bristol City while they are around the 5/4 mark. Yes Bristol are on good form but still so much value in this bet.

Yesterday at half time the in play betting had us and Sunderland priced the same to score the next goal. Even the Sunderland fans would probably have conceded that we were the more likely and so it proved scoring the next 2
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:13 - Sep 27 with 5258 viewsIllinoisblue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:05 - Sep 27 by ITFCson

Still 10/1 to make top 6 with one firm....yes it probably wont happen but certainly there is more than a 10% chance it will.

We are currently priced at 9/4 vs Bristol City while they are around the 5/4 mark. Yes Bristol are on good form but still so much value in this bet.

Yesterday at half time the in play betting had us and Sunderland priced the same to score the next goal. Even the Sunderland fans would probably have conceded that we were the more likely and so it proved scoring the next 2

serious question, are there really smart gamblers? That is, people who make a living from gambling?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:40 - Sep 27 with 5213 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:13 - Sep 27 by Illinoisblue

serious question, are there really smart gamblers? That is, people who make a living from gambling?

Anyone in profit is a smart gambler

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:45 - Sep 27 with 5200 viewsPinewoodblue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:40 - Sep 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Anyone in profit is a smart gambler

Surely you meant "anyone who makes a profit believes they are a smart gambler"

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:48 - Sep 27 with 5191 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:45 - Sep 27 by Pinewoodblue

Surely you meant "anyone who makes a profit believes they are a smart gambler"

No I mean anyone in profit is a smart gambler.

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:49 - Sep 27 with 5183 viewssundaze

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 13:08 - Sep 27 by J2BLUE

The bookies are neutral. Their prices are based on spreading risk. If people piled on us they'd shorten the odds. It's simply mass market opinion. No one believed in Huddersfield last season. No one believed in Leicester in their title winning season until late on. Both simply couldn't happen. That's the mass opinion on us.

Spot on. Plus they will have looked at who we have played and won against and who we still have to play. Bookies, unlike fans, will have seen little yet to make them change their minds and until punters start lumping big money on Town winning the league, the odds will stay high.
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:52 - Sep 27 with 5175 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:49 - Sep 27 by sundaze

Spot on. Plus they will have looked at who we have played and won against and who we still have to play. Bookies, unlike fans, will have seen little yet to make them change their minds and until punters start lumping big money on Town winning the league, the odds will stay high.

Some of us lumped on Town Top Half at 3/1 at the start of the season

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:54 - Sep 27 with 5168 viewsJ2BLUE

There are. Not many. I think there the accepted figure is that 2% are in profit over the long term and the amount of professional gamblers are a fraction of that.

I think a lot of disbelief comes from the misconception that people simply place bets and win money based on pure gambling. Professional gamblers are more like traders than gamblers in many cases and they rely on logical moves in the market like piling on a big 4 team in a Saturday evening game because people are chasing losses and the price comes in. They then trade out before the game starts for a profit.

Truly impaired.

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:55 - Sep 27 with 5169 viewsITFCson

There are probably a lot more smart gamblers than most realise. No doubt 99% of gamblers lose but that 1% that don't is still a large number.

I subscribe to a football tipster who has over a 5% ROI on football bets over the last 3 years and this is over a huge sample size...we are talking thousands of bets....Although the last 3 months or so have been bit of a stinker for him!

There are plenty of smart bets to be had, I guess maybe what defines a smart gambler is someone who only bets on the smart bets and restrains them self from giving it back by betting on the not so smart bets
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:57 - Sep 27 with 5159 viewsITFCson

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:52 - Sep 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Some of us lumped on Town Top Half at 3/1 at the start of the season

And some of us were a little more ambitious (stupid maybe) and lumped on top 6 at 14's
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 17:22 - Sep 27 with 5049 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:55 - Sep 27 by ITFCson

There are probably a lot more smart gamblers than most realise. No doubt 99% of gamblers lose but that 1% that don't is still a large number.

I subscribe to a football tipster who has over a 5% ROI on football bets over the last 3 years and this is over a huge sample size...we are talking thousands of bets....Although the last 3 months or so have been bit of a stinker for him!

There are plenty of smart bets to be had, I guess maybe what defines a smart gambler is someone who only bets on the smart bets and restrains them self from giving it back by betting on the not so smart bets

You may wish to do a bit of reading into some of the claims of football tipsters, and the links the majority of them have to gambling firms

Not to obfuscate the point that there are indeed some very smart gamblers out there
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 17:23]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 17:25 - Sep 27 with 5037 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:48 - Sep 27 by The_Romford_Blue

No I mean anyone in profit is a smart gambler.

Couldn't they just be lucky?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 17:29 - Sep 27 with 5024 viewsITFCson

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 17:22 - Sep 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You may wish to do a bit of reading into some of the claims of football tipsters, and the links the majority of them have to gambling firms

Not to obfuscate the point that there are indeed some very smart gamblers out there
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 17:23]

This guy has no links. I think he is content receiving £50 a month from every single subscriber
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 17:29 - Sep 27 with 5023 viewsBergholtBru

Yes, always have been.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 23:40 - Sep 27 with 4816 viewsCurrie10

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 12:32 - Sep 27 by Stenvict

We were much bigger if you shopped around vs Sunderland.

If we're 150-1 with Sky, dread to think what the exchanges would float us at.
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 23:44 - Sep 27 with 4808 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 23:40 - Sep 27 by Currie10

We were much bigger if you shopped around vs Sunderland.

If we're 150-1 with Sky, dread to think what the exchanges would float us at.

75 on the exchange

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 23:50 - Sep 27 with 4792 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 15:05 - Sep 27 by ITFCson

How on earth are Bristol City clear favourites to win at Portman Road?!

Sure, we're not as good as 6th place suggests, but they are hardly Real Madrid.

I find those odds.... odd.

RIP Sir Bobby

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 01:54 - Sep 28 with 4733 viewsCurrie10

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 23:44 - Sep 27 by The_Romford_Blue

75 on the exchange

I find it difficult to believe ( can't check now ) that we're 150-1 with a bookie and 75s with the exchange. Would be the best arbitrated bet of the century if that's the case and anyone backing us / laying us would make a small pocket !
Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 03:01 - Sep 28 with 4714 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ipswich 150/1 to win the league with skybet on 01:54 - Sep 28 by Currie10

I find it difficult to believe ( can't check now ) that we're 150-1 with a bookie and 75s with the exchange. Would be the best arbitrated bet of the century if that's the case and anyone backing us / laying us would make a small pocket !

Just had another look and it's definetely 75 to back and 120 to lay

The latter suggests that the bookie price this morning of 150/1 with skybet is probably now 100/1. But that's just an assumption the last line.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024