Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? 11:22 - Sep 28 with 3640 viewsElderGrizzly

Not for us, but Arsenal vs Liverpool with a 4pm kick-off...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/28/liverpool-object-sky-sports-pla
Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:23 - Sep 28 with 3623 viewsJ2BLUE

Well Sunday games happen every week so there's no issue there IMO. They should move the kick offs to 12 and 2 though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:26 - Sep 28 with 3600 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:23 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Well Sunday games happen every week so there's no issue there IMO. They should move the kick offs to 12 and 2 though.

I guess the 4pm kick-off is the real issue here, plus the West Coast mainline is so unreliable.

I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but i can imagine most people not wanting a trip to London on Christmas Eve just to make it nicer for Sky's ratings.
Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:33 - Sep 28 with 3558 viewsPendejo

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:26 - Sep 28 by ElderGrizzly

I guess the 4pm kick-off is the real issue here, plus the West Coast mainline is so unreliable.

I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but i can imagine most people not wanting a trip to London on Christmas Eve just to make it nicer for Sky's ratings.

Should their train break down on way home at least they'll be able to get Santa to give them a tow

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:56 - Sep 28 with 3472 views26_Paz

What's wrong with this? I'd love a Town game on Xmas Eve!

The Paz Man

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:59 - Sep 28 with 3463 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:56 - Sep 28 by 26_Paz

I assume it is the Liverpool fans with the 400 mile round trip they are concerned about?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 11:59]
Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:01 - Sep 28 with 3450 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

They tried this before a few years ago, I think it was a Man Utd game they wanted moved to a 8pm Christmas Eve kick off and the police would not let them move the match.

Good luck to the supporters, it will be a nightmare with the traffic and amount of people about when the shops shut at 4pm.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:09 - Sep 28 with 3420 viewshype313

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:56 - Sep 28 by 26_Paz

What even Boro away with a 4pm Kick off?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:11 - Sep 28 with 3405 views26_Paz

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:09 - Sep 28 by hype313

What even Boro away with a 4pm Kick off?

Obviously prfer a home game or a reasonably local away game but if it was on Sky, yeah great. I'd watch it in the pub and get p1ssed.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:16 - Sep 28 with 3383 viewsvapour_trail

I think that's quite considerate.

The scousers will be able to embark on a bit of Christmas "shopping" in town before kick off.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:18 - Sep 28 with 3367 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's a great idea for football fans in general.

Nip into town to do your last minute Christmas shopping, get into the pub for a few pre Christmas jars then watch the match in a festive atmosphere.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 12:21 - Sep 28 with 3350 viewsEastTownBlue

With the pubs packed on Christmas Eve anyway, I wonder if the police will have any objections with football supporters adding to the numbers ?
Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 15:38 - Oct 19 with 3012 viewsJ2BLUE

No Christmas Eve games

Leicester vs Man U is on 23rd at 7.45

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 16:10 - Oct 19 with 2950 viewsITFC1983

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/19/arsenal-liverpool-christmas-eve

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 16:13 - Oct 19 with 2942 viewsSpruceMoose

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 11:26 - Sep 28 by ElderGrizzly

Point of order. I believe we are legally obligated to call in Winter Fest now, as opposed to Christmas.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sky proving supporters come last again - A game on Christmas Eve? on 16:29 - Oct 19 with 2911 viewsLesta_Tractor

I do see the drama to be honest, not like they'll be working the next day.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024