Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So I've written a long blog 17:22 - Sep 28 with 26791 viewsSwailsey

About my struggles with mental health and how it has ruined music for me and caused my favorite bands to hate me.

It may be of interest to some, and not to many others. I'm aware I am a headcase.

https://alionshead.tumblr.com/

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So I've written a long blog on 17:34 - Sep 28 with 12420 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not really sure what to say other than its a very well written story. Certainly makes you think.

I wish you all the best

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So I've written a long blog on 17:38 - Sep 28 with 12399 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's a tough read mate. As I have said before, I can'gt claim to understand who mental health works, although I have learned a bit from reading posts like yours and Libby's.

My view, which is ignorant at best, is that you have clearly demonstrated in that blog that are aware of your problem and behaviour so it should be easier to address it and stop yourself being so destructive socially. But of course that's probably not true at all.

I just hope you're ok mate and things can get better in some way.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So I've written a long blog on 17:39 - Sep 28 with 12409 viewsgiant_stow

You're not someone to be ignored, or 'just an idiot' and that piece was honest and thought-provoking.

The urge to get in touch with these bands sounds like the OCD side of your troubles - is that fair? Certainly feels familiar to me anyway - you know no good can ultimately come of it, but still you feel the need?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So I've written a long blog on 17:49 - Sep 28 with 12378 viewsPJH

As Rommy says, it makes you think.

I (I suppose thankfully) have no experience of things like this so all I can do is wish you the best, it looks like you have good people around you.
So I've written a long blog on 18:00 - Sep 28 with 12357 viewsblustutu

Well you've certainly got great taste in music! As GB says your self awareness of your situation is impressive. I wish you all the best.
So I've written a long blog on 18:11 - Sep 28 with 12332 viewsJ2BLUE

You're not an idiot. You're a bloody good guy and this forum would be a lot poorer without you. Just remember you're not the only one with demons. Sometimes you feel like the only one and that the rest of the world have perfect lives; I know this because I feel like that too. So many people have issues but just aren't honest enough to lay them out there like you have. Massive respect to you. PM me any time if you want to talk.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So I've written a long blog on 18:13 - Sep 28 with 12321 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So I've written a long blog on 18:11 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

You're not an idiot. You're a bloody good guy and this forum would be a lot poorer without you. Just remember you're not the only one with demons. Sometimes you feel like the only one and that the rest of the world have perfect lives; I know this because I feel like that too. So many people have issues but just aren't honest enough to lay them out there like you have. Massive respect to you. PM me any time if you want to talk.

'You're not an idiot. You're a bloody good guy and this forum would be a lot poorer without you'

Well said

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 18:58 - Sep 28 with 12248 views_

Login to get fewer ads

So I've written a long blog on 19:29 - Sep 28 with 12200 viewsAdmiralFunge

Some pretty sound comments on this post.

Nicely articulated, Swailesy. You're a good man.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

So I've written a long blog on 19:32 - Sep 28 with 12190 viewsDubtractor

That's really well written and pretty powerful mate, hopefully writing it down and sharing it will help you process it all.

I can't fully relate to it, but I do suffer from massively over analysing and rethinking/replaying any situation that hasn't gone as I'd hoped. Really grinds me down for a few hours afterwards thinking about how I'd do it differently, but ultimately I can put it down and forget it afterwards. Can imagine that something like that, but eating at you for days would be tough.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 21:59]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So I've written a long blog on 19:53 - Sep 28 with 12123 viewslowhouseblue

that's incredibly articulate and insightful and powerful.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So I've written a long blog on 19:53 - Sep 28 with 12133 viewsTLA

This is an amazing piece of writing - thank you so much for sharing such personal and difficult experiences. If people need to learn about the very complex and misunderstood conditions you've mentioned (BPD and OCD), this could go a long way to helping.

We're really not all 'a little bit OCD'.

Thanks again.
So I've written a long blog on 20:05 - Sep 28 with 12091 viewscaught-in-limbo

Hi Chris, You, along with a few others on this site are providing a very valuable education to people like me who don't know enough about mental health problems. Sincere best wishes.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So I've written a long blog on 20:20 - Sep 28 with 12072 viewsDyland

" I realise how ridiculous it sounds."

It doesn't sound ridiculous at all. This is an excellent blog. I don't suffer from quite the same conditions but I absolutely relate to the core of what you say.

You're only a "headcase" in your own head. You sound pretty decent to me :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So I've written a long blog on 20:26 - Sep 28 with 12038 viewsSteve_M

Yes, what others have said mainly. That you've the self-awareness to analyse all that is a good starting point. I suppose that even if that vanishes when you're suffering then you know you still have that - even if it makes you painfully aware of what you see as failings.

Keep writing, not that is up to me anyway, but you're always welcome to post similar on here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So I've written a long blog on 20:35 - Sep 28 with 12012 viewsDanTheMan

Fantastic read. And you're not a headcase or anything of the sort. Good on you for writing it down and sharing, it will help people who hide their issues and harm themselves and those around them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So I've written a long blog on 20:45 - Sep 28 with 11975 viewsFixed_It

Well I for one am full of admiration of you. Kudos for sharing - it will help others reach some understanding, and hopefully the articulation process has been helpful to you to.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So I've written a long blog on 20:52 - Sep 28 with 11948 viewsFreddies_Ears

Thank you for sharing your story. Please appreciate how much it helps me - and doubtless others - to begin to gain a better understanding of what underlies the behaviours you describe so clearly and unselfconsciously
So I've written a long blog on 20:57 - Sep 28 with 11933 viewsjeera

I thought you were a good guy before I read that and nothing has changed.

Very insightful, and some of the sentiment not altogether alien.

Fair play to you and your honesty and your bravery.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So I've written a long blog on 20:59 - Sep 28 with 11931 viewsbluejake78

WTF maybe I'm just a bit of a nutter.I can relate to that.
I'm now going to listen to Joy Division.
So I've written a long blog on 21:14 - Sep 28 with 11903 viewsSwailsey

Wowsers. I came back on here not really expecting too much views, let alone replies.

Thank you all sincerely for your very kind words.

It's appreciated an awful, awful lot.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So I've written a long blog on 21:57 - Sep 28 with 11829 viewsitfcpaul

So I've written a long blog on 21:14 - Sep 28 by Swailsey

Wowsers. I came back on here not really expecting too much views, let alone replies.

Thank you all sincerely for your very kind words.

It's appreciated an awful, awful lot.

one thing I have found is that there are many kind and supportive people on here. Without knowing any of you really I think I have found someone so can confide in because I don't know you. that may sound strange I know.

You blog is very very brave and informative and gives some people an insight into something they have no comprehension of and thetefire its a very important and worthy piece ir writing. Thank you

My personal issues relate to my beautiful wife and her mental issues so I don't understand or can't personally comprehend how you feel. The same with my wife. Alibi can do is do my best for her in every aspect of her life. support her when she needs it. be there for her always and forgive her for things she does and things she says in her darkest scariest moments of which there are many occasions but I know its not her that makes these decisions.

Once again I am here to chat to if anyone wants to share anything ir jyst want to vent some anger as to how cruel life and this illness can be for everyone

Paul

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

So I've written a long blog on 23:26 - Sep 28 with 11744 viewsitfcpaul

So I've written a long blog on 20:59 - Sep 28 by bluejake78

WTF maybe I'm just a bit of a nutter.I can relate to that.
I'm now going to listen to Joy Division.

Have you watched "Control" the film about Joy Divisions Ian Curtis and his battle with depression....worth a watch

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

So I've written a long blog on 01:08 - Sep 29 with 11683 viewsnorth_stand77

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Chris. It's a very honest and brave piece of writing from your soul. It's reminded (and educated) me of the difficulties people with mental health issues have to suffer.

FWIW, i think you are one of the posters on here who talks a lot of sense and I wish you well
So I've written a long blog on 08:07 - Sep 29 with 11546 viewsBluebell

That was really well written and interesting.

"I'm aware I am a headcase." You may feel that but I can assure you that your are not.

I have read a lot about mental illness recently having 2 people very close to me suffer during the last few years. It has amazed me how many varied reasons that people feel they are 'losing' it.

I think reading about it helps as you feel you are not alone. A lot of people won't understand how you feel as most of the time it is thoughts in your head rather than actions.

I hope it has helped you by putting yours feelings into words.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024