Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM exactly right about the contract situation... 13:30 - Sep 29 with 4178 viewsSitfcB

Everything going swimmingly at the moment yet Stuart Watson has to find a negative (ish) thing to talk about.

Mick shot him down though...! Phil escaped it this week.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 13:31 - Sep 29 with 4157 viewsKieran_Knows

Stuart Watson trying to find something negative .... well I never!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 13:32 - Sep 29 with 4146 viewsitfcjoe

It is a question fans want to know about though - I missed the actual question but caught tail end of answer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 14:08 - Sep 29 with 3984 viewsBackToRussia

The fact MM responded in that way shows he probably agrees they should be sorted.

Mm seems to have decided SW is a "hater" with his passive aggressive answers to him in the past few weeks. Must say it makes mm look rather pathetic.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 14:09 - Sep 29 with 3978 viewschicoazul

Just because things are going well doesnt mean the Manager shouldnt be asked awkward questions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 14:21 - Sep 29 with 3916 viewsBluetaff

Journalist asks question shocker!!

We complain when they ask the questions many of us think, then complain when they do and the manager has his normal spat with them...

Blog: The National Conundrum

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 14:42 - Sep 29 with 3845 viewsIllinoisblue

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 13:31 - Sep 29 by Kieran_Knows

Stuart Watson trying to find something negative .... well I never!

To be fair he’s pretty decent and hasn’t had to look too hard to find negativity the last couple years

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 18:05 - Sep 29 with 3646 viewshorsehollerer

Watson's coverage is usually pretty fair IMO, and his question today about contracts was a legitimate one. I'm a big fan of Mick's but I think sometimes he could be a little more respectful towards reporters. They're just trying to do their jobs, too. And like it or not, part of Mick's job is to talk to them. It's one of the reason's he gets paid 10 times as much as they do.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 21:19 - Sep 29 with 3483 viewsmonty_radio

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 14:09 - Sep 29 by chicoazul

Just because things are going well doesnt mean the Manager shouldnt be asked awkward questions.

Indeed. While I don't look for controversy, and don't often comment on it, I left off watching the interview after it began with a seemingly endless stream of chummy questions inviting Mick to agree. If that level of fawning respect is the price to pay for receiving consideration from the chair, then the whole process is a waste of time.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 07:31 - Sep 30 with 3260 viewsbluesym

Sorry but thats boll0cks.

Only just watched the interview and there was nothing wrong with Stuart Watsons questioning at all.McCarthy very OTT in his response,

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 08:17 - Sep 30 with 3197 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jumping on the "Stuart Watson is negative" bandwagon eh?

It's a question the fans would have wanted asking, so don't moan when he does!

RIP Sir Bobby

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 08:40 - Sep 30 with 3160 viewschristiand

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 14:08 - Sep 29 by BackToRussia

The fact MM responded in that way shows he probably agrees they should be sorted.

Mm seems to have decided SW is a "hater" with his passive aggressive answers to him in the past few weeks. Must say it makes mm look rather pathetic.

To be fair to Watson, he does say and write things that many of us feel at the time - I have found I have agreed with a lot of what he has printed. Also, in his defence, he can be positive about the club when the situation allows too. I don't think there was anything wrong in him asking that question yesterday. It's his job to find out answers to those types of questions.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 08:43 - Sep 30 with 3153 viewschristiand

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 18:05 - Sep 29 by horsehollerer

Watson's coverage is usually pretty fair IMO, and his question today about contracts was a legitimate one. I'm a big fan of Mick's but I think sometimes he could be a little more respectful towards reporters. They're just trying to do their jobs, too. And like it or not, part of Mick's job is to talk to them. It's one of the reason's he gets paid 10 times as much as they do.

Spot on. MM might not like what he has written, but in most cases it is not far from the truth!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

MM exactly right about the contract situation... on 11:58 - Sep 30 with 3041 viewsClausThomsen

It's an absolutely natural question given that two players have made noises about their contracts in the last few weeks.

The reason the manager shot it down is because he's in the same boat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024