Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finidi 13:18 - Sep 30 with 13158 viewsJohnny_Boy

Happened to catch a 3min expo on Finidi's time in Spain.

Apparently, as a Betis player, every time he scored, he would race over to the touch line & put his hat on.

Did anyone else know this? More importantly, why didn't he ever do that for us?!

[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 13:29]
Finidi on 13:28 - Sep 30 with 8819 viewsIllinoisblue

Christ, he looked to be in his late 30s even then

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Finidi on 13:30 - Sep 30 with 8812 viewsCurrie10

FInidi on the right, Denilson on the left, Alfonso uptop. SHOULD have been oh so much better!
Finidi on 13:30 - Sep 30 with 8809 viewsDyland

He did do it here. When he scored that ridiculously good goal against Derby he put on a woman's hat. Think it was that one anyway, but he deffo did it at least once.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Finidi on 13:33 - Sep 30 with 8798 viewsJohnny_Boy

Finidi on 13:30 - Sep 30 by Currie10

FInidi on the right, Denilson on the left, Alfonso uptop. SHOULD have been oh so much better!

In all fairness, they were continually pushing above their weight in La Liga.
Think the 3min profile said Betis finished 3rd a few times & routinely got into the Champs League.
Finidi on 13:33 - Sep 30 with 8797 views3_5_2

We were talking about him in the office only yesterday and googled that he is "cough" only 46

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Finidi on 13:35 - Sep 30 with 8784 viewsJohnny_Boy

Finidi on 13:33 - Sep 30 by 3_5_2

We were talking about him in the office only yesterday and googled that he is "cough" only 46

Christ....and the rest.

He must have been 27 when he was signed as a yoof by Ajax.
Finidi on 22:56 - Oct 3 with 8452 viewsCurrie10

Finidi on 13:33 - Sep 30 by Johnny_Boy

In all fairness, they were continually pushing above their weight in La Liga.
Think the 3min profile said Betis finished 3rd a few times & routinely got into the Champs League.

DId they, or did they underachieve....

MASSIVE stadium.

Back then, Real + Barca were not the well oiled machine they are now.

Valencia were guff / Deportivo same / Atletico managed to get relegated with a side that should have been champions league! Molina / Junhino / Valeron / Solari / Baraja / Kiko / top scoring Hasselbaink to name but few.
Finidi on 23:07 - Oct 3 with 8430 viewsDolly2.0

Finidi on 13:35 - Sep 30 by Johnny_Boy

Christ....and the rest.

He must have been 27 when he was signed as a yoof by Ajax.

I have a Nigerian mate and the problem is they often don't record the date of birth. He's not entirely sure how old he is!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Finidi on 23:34 - Oct 3 with 8392 viewsWeWereZombies

Finidi on 13:30 - Sep 30 by Dyland

He did do it here. When he scored that ridiculously good goal against Derby he put on a woman's hat. Think it was that one anyway, but he deffo did it at least once.

Think that was the only time he did it at Portman Road, and he ran past a lot of people ready with the snazzy fedoras to single out the middle aged gal and make her night. But after that I guess he felt the practice was a bit....old hat?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Finidi on 07:52 - Oct 4 with 8264 viewsSwn98

Finidi on 23:34 - Oct 3 by WeWereZombies

Think that was the only time he did it at Portman Road, and he ran past a lot of people ready with the snazzy fedoras to single out the middle aged gal and make her night. But after that I guess he felt the practice was a bit....old hat?

Got to be one of the worst signings ever and probably the foundation stone for our current state of affairs.
Finidi on 08:13 - Oct 4 with 8228 viewsWeWereZombies

Finidi on 07:52 - Oct 4 by Swn98

Got to be one of the worst signings ever and probably the foundation stone for our current state of affairs.

That display against Derby was pretty special, false optimism I know but there were worse performers during the 2001/02 season. And he stuck around for Championship football, got the best out of Naylor plus that superb goal against Sunderland that was the only Championship goal that season to make The Guardian's goal of the week. An expensive deal without a doubt but hardly in the Mark Fish/Leon Best class of terrible signings.

on 15:53 - Oct 4 with 8091 views_

Finidi on 08:13 - Oct 4 by WeWereZombies

That display against Derby was pretty special, false optimism I know but there were worse performers during the 2001/02 season. And he stuck around for Championship football, got the best out of Naylor plus that superb goal against Sunderland that was the only Championship goal that season to make The Guardian's goal of the week. An expensive deal without a doubt but hardly in the Mark Fish/Leon Best class of terrible signings.

Finidi on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 8075 viewsimsureazzure

Nope, the performance against Derby assisted by Pablo was outstanding, our demise was certainly not built on the signing of Finidi.
Finidi on 16:54 - Oct 4 with 8005 viewsRadlett_blue

Finidi on 08:13 - Oct 4 by WeWereZombies

The goal against Sunderland was in our PL relegation season. As for "sticking around", Finidi only made 3 Championship appearances before his contract was cancelled.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Finidi on 17:15 - Oct 4 with 7972 viewsNo9

Who signed him for Town - Burley or Sheepshanks?
Finidi on 17:17 - Oct 4 with 7968 viewsmanchego

In terms of signings, it is without argument that FinidiSerini were the worst signings on the planet.
Big money spend which gave us 5th in Prem to relegation ...

What other signings come close to that ?
Finidi on 18:07 - Oct 4 with 7917 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Utter crap. Utter nonsense.

That pathetic and lamentable team was the foundation stone of the further problems. Not only relegated just embarrassing the club in the first couple of months after relegation and losing 0-3 to Grimsby.

Finidi (and Sereni) were one the better players in that awful, gutless team. Without both pf them we would have had a repeat of 1994/95.
on 18:10 - Oct 4 with 7913 views_

Finidi on 18:07 - Oct 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

That pathetic and lamentable team was the foundation stone of the further problems. Not only relegated just embarrassing the club in the first couple of months after relegation and losing 0-3 to Grimsby.

Finidi (and Sereni) were one the better players in that awful, gutless team. Without both pf them we would have had a repeat of 1994/95.

Finidi on 18:14 - Oct 4 with 7904 viewsmanchego

Finidi on 18:07 - Oct 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

wow
you still haven't put a case for worse signings.
how do you get worse than 5th in the Prem - big money spend - relegation
Finidi on 18:16 - Oct 4 with 7899 viewsWeWereZombies

Finidi on 16:54 - Oct 4 by Radlett_blue

The goal against Sunderland was in our PL relegation season. As for "sticking around", Finidi only made 3 Championship appearances before his contract was cancelled.

The one where he popped it over the keeper? Pretty sure that stands out in my memory because:

1) It was great to see it from the Britannia Lower where I was
2) The Guardian goal of the week thing

But my memory could be deceiving me, I often get the tonking of Leicester from around that time mixed up with the trouncing (s?) of Sunderland.

I remember The Stranglers being immeasurably better than AC/DC at Wembley in 1978 perfectly of course...
[Post edited 4 Oct 2017 18:25]

on 18:17 - Oct 4 with 7898 views_

Finidi on 18:14 - Oct 4 by manchego

wow

Finidi on 18:22 - Oct 4 with 7890 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Finidi on 18:14 - Oct 4 by manchego

wow

We signed much worse players than them in that moment.

How did we get worse? Almost entire team was terrible and Marsdens goal at Portman Road for Southampton summed them up. We might have stayed up had we made a few tackles.
Finidi on 18:23 - Oct 4 with 7878 viewsMach_foreignBlue

on 18:10 - Oct 4 by _

Burleys decision to play Marshall in the goal didn't help either.
Finidi on 18:25 - Oct 4 with 7866 viewschicoazul

Finidi on 16:01 - Oct 4 by imsureazzure

Nope, the performance against Derby assisted by Pablo was outstanding, our demise was certainly not built on the signing of Finidi.

I dunno man. I think there is quite a lot in this. Talk to Matt Holland Burley Jermaine Wright Magilton and they all say pretty much the same thing, Finidi Sereni totally disrupted the dressing room and the team pattern. That's not to say they were clearly very good by the way. Sereni is certainly one of our top 3 keepers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Finidi on 18:33 - Oct 4 with 7848 viewsmanchego

on 18:17 - Oct 4 by _

jeez I think I need to spell this all out

did his signing take us from 5th Prem to Relegation in one season ?

did it ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024