Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating 15:58 - Sep 30 with 1311 viewsMullet

Neutrals would love this etc. but that's a worst half from Jonas in ages. Alioski at Leeds turned inside every time and he struggled, O'Dowda is no different or much better. His awareness suffered too. Celina came short so many times and he launched it where he thought he was without looking up for an easy take for Bristol. It was even worse when Reid was offside and he headed it anyway allowing him to get onside as the ball came back and attack again.

Cruel first goal, and may be a sign of having to put Nydam in meant he was not fully ready to start leaving us a little sluggish, but I don't think anyone can be completely at fault with a deflection like that.

The second though was unforgivable. Maybe the injuries are telling and a side this good will test the makeshift back four but without Chambers I'm not sure we could make a line, let alone find the 18 yard one.

Loved that Tristan was getting space and pinging it from deep, but Flint is 6'6 and we're not giving him enough runners to watch. That last 15 with the movement and goal back was what we needed all game. Great build up play, and another finish of quality Waghorn must be wondering how he hasn't played every minute.

Feels like a draw is a fair result on balance. We've done a good job of pressing Bristol off the ball in the middle and their half, often letting them get complacent enough to waste possession but not done to capitalise on it when we get it.

Mcgoldrick seems in his best form for ages. I wish we could use him more. He was robbed not to get that freekick early on, and Bryan deserved at least a yellow so it was silly to see the ref hesitate. Douglas was sent off for less at Brum the other year for example. I hope Garner and the rest of the four up top keep drawing fouls and getting in their heads and the ref's ear. They're clearly able to be got at if we get the ball down.

Mick must be letting rip right now in that dressing room and demanding more of the last 15 minutes. He can't be happy given we're at home and both sides are so close in the table etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating on 16:00 - Sep 30 with 1261 viewsBluesquid

Was a good ball in from Knudsen though for our one.
Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating on 16:02 - Sep 30 with 1245 viewsMullet

Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating on 16:00 - Sep 30 by Bluesquid

Was a good ball in from Knudsen though for our one.

Yep that and Celina's one two with Iorfa were lovely passages of play - what we need more of all game without doubt.

Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating on 16:02 - Sep 30 with 1234 viewsITFCBlues

Micks gotta change it at the break. They've been all over us. Disappointed to see us just launching it long again rather than trying to pass as we're a threat when we do pass it. I'd probably get Webster on for Iorfa - he's looked poor

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating on 17:03 - Sep 30 with 927 viewsMullet

Hard to argue with being behind but Christ it's frustrating on 16:02 - Sep 30 by ITFCBlues

Micks gotta change it at the break. They've been all over us. Disappointed to see us just launching it long again rather than trying to pass as we're a threat when we do pass it. I'd probably get Webster on for Iorfa - he's looked poor

Thought that was the sensible change until Webster never really got going. Sluggish and poor on the ball by his standards. One or two nice passes but totally negated by their massive CB's despite Garner's best efforts. That shot on the volley made me think we'd get back into it quickly.

An early goal and one of two deflected is typical, but that mistake by Bart at Elland Rd. is looking costly again after a performance like that. You'd see both of those sides have improved having spent loads, and we're up there with them but couldn't hold, let alone put either away.

To lose McG to injury and Adeyemi is really worrying. Nydam and Skuse was never going to be effective and although both got forward, or found space (that ball to Waghorn who brought it down just inside the box was lovely) in doing so we also left the midfield isolated and allowed them to break.

A fitter or more settled XI and you'd feel we are good enough to see off teams like that more often than not, but with the week off it's a chance to fix a few things and heal a few bodies. Really have to hope we make the most of it because we're looking like they did last year, a flying start but likely to capitulate in the run in to January if we don't change the mindset.

You can understand a lot of what happened and went wrong today, but there's also a sense we might start getting picked off when teams realise how easily we can be stretched right now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024