Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasn’t the worst game... 20:08 - Sep 30 with 2962 viewsitfcjoe

But felt as though they did a bit of a job on us - especially in the second half when they really managed to shut the game down.

Not a lot between the two sides, but main reason we lost is too many players were under par - Iorfa, Skuse, Celina, McG, Waghorn all contributed very little and were much worse than they have been recently - and none of the subs affected the game positively.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wasn’t the worst game... on 20:22 - Sep 30 with 2889 viewsbrogansnose

Agree with most of that. Certainly Celina offered nothing defensively or offensively as did Iorfa. Didn;t think the other three did too badly but there was a lot of under par performances out there today. On a plus note, thought the boy Nydam done good which was pleasing to see.
Wasn’t the worst game... on 20:27 - Sep 30 with 2862 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. Was just saying something similar on Twitter. Our bench didn’t have a game changer on it and they snuffed out Celina early on.

Plus i think the loss of Adeyemi shouldn’t be underestimated no matter how well Nydam played.

The subs just made it easier for them to close the game out too.

I thought we looked shot too. Need that 2 week break desperately and hope injuries to Adeyemi and McG are not serious

And Norwich now 4 games in a row won away from home. What a time to find form 🙄
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 20:29]
Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:12 - Sep 30 with 2708 viewsSuperfrans

Wasn’t the worst game... on 20:27 - Sep 30 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. Was just saying something similar on Twitter. Our bench didn’t have a game changer on it and they snuffed out Celina early on.

Plus i think the loss of Adeyemi shouldn’t be underestimated no matter how well Nydam played.

The subs just made it easier for them to close the game out too.

I thought we looked shot too. Need that 2 week break desperately and hope injuries to Adeyemi and McG are not serious

And Norwich now 4 games in a row won away from home. What a time to find form 🙄
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 20:29]

Celina was disappointing - again, he flattered to deceive. He needs to learn not to get drWn into the middle when the ball is on the other flank, and to look for the space, not the ball, when we’re in possession.

He has skill and talent. But he needs to learn to work the game to his benefit.

Generally though, they did us up like a kipper. They outplayed us in the first 30-40minutes. And after the break they managed the game and snuffed us out.

But the people saying we were rubbish should learn a basic reality about football. There are two teams on the pitch.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 22:15]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:18 - Sep 30 with 2674 viewsjeera

How was Webster?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:23 - Sep 30 with 2652 viewsSuperfrans

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:18 - Sep 30 by jeera

How was Webster?

Looked a bit rusty. He’ll be better with every game though.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:55 - Sep 30 with 2578 viewsElderGrizzly

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:23 - Sep 30 by Superfrans

Hopefully he’ll come through Tuesday’s friendly unscathed. We need him at the back and sharpish
Wasn’t the worst game... on 23:02 - Sep 30 with 2556 viewsnshearman1

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:55 - Sep 30 by ElderGrizzly

Hopefully he’ll come through Tuesday’s friendly unscathed. We need him at the back and sharpish

Couldn't agree more. We are weak at the back.
Wasn’t the worst game... on 23:13 - Sep 30 with 2528 viewsSmithy

Hard to disagree with that, Celina showed why Mick has been reluctant to start him, in that he left Knudsen (who again I thought was very good) so exposed at times. Right side of defence of Spence and especially Iorfa were very poor, Nydam was very tidy but we badly missed the physical presence of Adeyemi who seems to compliment Skuse so well. All in all they did a job on us, although Flint got away with everything at the back due to a terrible referee, while we didn't press like we did on Tuesday which was maybe down to tiredness.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Wasn’t the worst game... on 00:01 - Oct 1 with 2435 viewspistonbroke

Wasn’t the worst game... on 23:13 - Sep 30 by Smithy

Hard to disagree with that, Celina showed why Mick has been reluctant to start him, in that he left Knudsen (who again I thought was very good) so exposed at times. Right side of defence of Spence and especially Iorfa were very poor, Nydam was very tidy but we badly missed the physical presence of Adeyemi who seems to compliment Skuse so well. All in all they did a job on us, although Flint got away with everything at the back due to a terrible referee, while we didn't press like we did on Tuesday which was maybe down to tiredness.

Down to tiredness lol , I've heard excuses before but that beats the biscuit , did Bristol not play Tuesday as well , have Bristol not played one game more than us , and you put it down to tiredness lol
Wasn’t the worst game... on 08:24 - Oct 1 with 2263 viewsDolly2.0

Wasn’t the worst game... on 22:23 - Sep 30 by Superfrans

A bit?! He was rustier than a metal statue of Rusty Lee wearing a ginger wig that's been left in the rain for 70 years.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Wasn’t the worst game... on 08:54 - Oct 1 with 2220 viewshoppy

Wasn’t the worst game... on 08:24 - Oct 1 by Dolly2.0

A bit?! He was rustier than a metal statue of Rusty Lee wearing a ginger wig that's been left in the rain for 70 years.

Rusty Lee is 64. I don't think it could've been left out for 70 years.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Wasn’t the worst game... on 08:58 - Oct 1 with 2213 viewsDolly2.0

Wasn’t the worst game... on 08:54 - Oct 1 by hoppy

Rusty Lee is 64. I don't think it could've been left out for 70 years.

Damn your eyes.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024