Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There wasn't a vast amount in it 23:22 - Sep 30 with 6769 viewsGuthrum

Particularly in the second half.

We were a bit slow out of the blocks and the front unit wasn't functioning very well for the whole game (lack of togetherness led to players with the ball becoming isolated). Some of our build-up play was excellent, but unfortunately the end product did not materialise.

As the game went on, a bit too much backward passing crept in - eventually to the 'keeper, followed by long punt and head tennis (which we often lost).

Bristol were that little bit sharper with getting the second/third ball and intercepting passes. They were at least as physical as ourselves (tho apparently not in the ref's eyes).

Massive deflection for their third. From where I was sat, not in a position to comment on offsidedness. Up to that point, thought we stood a pretty equal chance of scoring a second.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 23:42 - Sep 30 with 6727 viewsDolly2.0

Massive deflection on the first as well.

We didn't really get out of the starting blocks today, but were very unlucky with two of the goals. No chance for Bart.

The usual bedwetters are out in force though.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:03 - Oct 1 with 6690 viewspistonbroke

Not a vast amount in it , ermmm 2 goals to me is a vast ammount
There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:04 - Oct 1 with 6690 viewsSWGF

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 23:42 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

We didn't really get out of the starting blocks today, but were very unlucky with two of the goals. No chance for Bart.

Very unlucky with two of the goals but then they did hit the bar and Flint missed a header he'd normally stick away. We weren't at the races today.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:12 - Oct 1 with 6671 viewsGuthrum

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:03 - Oct 1 by pistonbroke

Not a vast amount in it , ermmm 2 goals to me is a vast ammount

By the standards of Championship football matches, it isn't really, tho. The average winning margin today was 2.29 goals. There was no running riot like Wolves/Burton or Hull/Brum.

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:20 - Oct 1 with 6663 viewspistonbroke

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:12 - Oct 1 by Guthrum

By the standards of Championship football matches, it isn't really, tho. The average winning margin today was 2.29 goals. There was no running riot like Wolves/Burton or Hull/Brum.

You can dress it up how you like , yes two goals were deflections , I think we've had our fair share of deflected goals , the fact is we were out thought by a Bristol side , out thought by a manager that people were slating here in the summer , and as a team under this regime , we seem to have no plan b , that is worrying
There wasn't a vast amount in it on 01:01 - Oct 1 with 6617 viewsGuthrum

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 00:20 - Oct 1 by pistonbroke

You can dress it up how you like , yes two goals were deflections , I think we've had our fair share of deflected goals , the fact is we were out thought by a Bristol side , out thought by a manager that people were slating here in the summer , and as a team under this regime , we seem to have no plan b , that is worrying

We weren't 'out thought'. They played the same game a bit better and sharper than we did. What were Bristol doing any different tactically?

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:15 - Oct 1 with 6475 viewsDubtractor

It was an odd game to be honest, played in 3 clear phases for me.

First 20 minutes they murdered us.

Rest of first half was pretty even and we played some good attacking football.

Whole second half was just a tedious slog with little decent football played by either team.

I've seen a lot of moaning about the ref, but in all honesty I don't think he got too much wrong. Lots of niggly 50/50s including Garner and half of them went against him - we shouldn't complain too much seeing as everyone on here acknowledges that Garner is a horrible niggling/cheating type of player who seems to go out of his way to push the rules.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:18 - Oct 1 with 6474 viewsRegencyBlue

Can’t agree with that I’m afraid.

I thought as good as we were Tuesday we were poor yesterday. Midfield was the problem for me again and some poor habits creeping back in at times - pass it up to the half way line and then either pass it back or lump it forward aimlessly.
Login to get fewer ads

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:26 - Oct 1 with 6448 viewstextbackup

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 23:42 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

The only people I see out in force are those desperately looking for 'bedwetters'
Pretty much everyone has said we weren't up for it yesterday, slow, second best to everything. If that's bedwetting then you're doing exactly the same

To say there wasn't much in it is just completely wrong, Bristol were better than us in every single position, smarter, hungrier, busier.

To point out these obvious things doesn't make you less of a supporter

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:46 - Oct 1 with 6420 viewsDolly2.0

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:26 - Oct 1 by textbackup

The only people I see out in force are those desperately looking for 'bedwetters'
Pretty much everyone has said we weren't up for it yesterday, slow, second best to everything. If that's bedwetting then you're doing exactly the same

To say there wasn't much in it is just completely wrong, Bristol were better than us in every single position, smarter, hungrier, busier.

To point out these obvious things doesn't make you less of a supporter

There are some people going overboard - these are the same people that go overboard whenever we lose. These are the bedwetters.

Most have offered a fair assessment.

"To say there wasn't much in it is just completely wrong" - no, this just happens to be your opinion. Football is a game of opinions. I happen to agree with the OP. That doesn't make me wrong, I just have a different opinion to you.

I haven't said anyone is less of a supporter.

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 11:52 - Oct 1 with 6311 viewstextbackup

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:46 - Oct 1 by Dolly2.0

There are some people going overboard - these are the same people that go overboard whenever we lose. These are the bedwetters.

Most have offered a fair assessment.

"To say there wasn't much in it is just completely wrong" - no, this just happens to be your opinion. Football is a game of opinions. I happen to agree with the OP. That doesn't make me wrong, I just have a different opinion to you.

I haven't said anyone is less of a supporter.

There was a huge difference between the two teams, did you really think we were even remotely close to them?

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:02 - Oct 1 with 6291 viewspointofblue

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 11:52 - Oct 1 by textbackup

There was a huge difference between the two teams, did you really think we were even remotely close to them?

Well we had two chances to score well saved by Fielding, a few blocked shots. They managed the game well aided and abetted by the fortunate deflected goal early on. I don't think it helped that Garner was being fouled a lot of the time and the ref turned a blind eye as it nulified one of our biggest threats.

Bristol deserved to win it, just, but I don't think there was as much in it as some say.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:05 - Oct 1 with 6284 viewstextbackup

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:02 - Oct 1 by pointofblue

Well we had two chances to score well saved by Fielding, a few blocked shots. They managed the game well aided and abetted by the fortunate deflected goal early on. I don't think it helped that Garner was being fouled a lot of the time and the ref turned a blind eye as it nulified one of our biggest threats.

Bristol deserved to win it, just, but I don't think there was as much in it as some say.

Garner wasn't even looking at the ball majority of the time when jumping, I'd say he was definitely the one fouling. But I mean what else is he suppose to do when he's being marked by a bloke 7foot tall and getting balls in the air to him

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:06 - Oct 1 with 6277 viewsSomethingBlue

That's some exaggeration. We were well beaten, deservedly so for reasons outlined, but until the last 10 minutes it was a Championship game where just one thing has to fall for or against you.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:07 - Oct 1 with 6269 viewsDolly2.0

Yes, I did. They won because of two hugely deflected goals. We were under par but they weren't that far ahead of us. They were better on the day but I don't think there's an awful lot between the teams in terms of talent. We just had most of our best players out of sorts on the day.

It was largely a Championship slog, and they came out on top IMO.

They certainly didn't destroy us like Fulham last season, for example.

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:21 - Oct 1 with 6258 viewsGuthrum

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 09:18 - Oct 1 by RegencyBlue

Can’t agree with that I’m afraid.

I thought as good as we were Tuesday we were poor yesterday. Midfield was the problem for me again and some poor habits creeping back in at times - pass it up to the half way line and then either pass it back or lump it forward aimlessly.

A lot of people around me were commenting on the loss of Adeyemi (whom I have not yet had the chance to watch live) in warm up. For all Nydam's industry, did that affect the team significantly?

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:26 - Oct 1 with 6228 viewskizaitfc

Agree to an extent but what can't go unnoticed was the lack of creativity from us once Mcgoldrick and Celina came off.

We reverted back to launching it long to 2 7ft cbs. That's what drove the fans away in the first place and Mick seemed happy to let them carry on doing it in the last 20 mins

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:30 - Oct 1 with 6221 viewspointofblue

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:21 - Oct 1 by Guthrum

A lot of people around me were commenting on the loss of Adeyemi (whom I have not yet had the chance to watch live) in warm up. For all Nydam's industry, did that affect the team significantly?

I think so; I think we missed his strength and power in the middle plus experience too. I think at times Skuse was, understandably, having to shepherd Nydam through the match instead of being able to focus on his own game - with Adeyemi being there he only has to look after himself.

Plus Nydam tired as the match went on; had McGoldrick not gone off injured we would have surely subbed him. Our midfield was weakened as it was but that just exacerbated the problem.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:31 - Oct 1 with 6222 viewsSomethingBlue

Definitely — Adeyemi just such a better physical presence, wins headers and tackles, gets you up the pitch too. No slight on Nydam to say we'd have, in my view, been far better with Adeyemi in there. Nydam will be an excellent player and did well but it wasn't the game for him in that role. We do have such persistently poor fortune on the injury front and it is really testing the patience.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 6199 viewsDolly2.0

Yes.

There wasn't a vast amount in it on 15:16 - Oct 1 with 6097 viewsRegencyBlue

I think so.

You need a physical presence, which Adeyemi has, in central midfield and whilst Nydam looks good technically I thought he was very lightweight yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024