Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems there is a section of the fan base... 07:32 - Oct 1 with 9075 viewsitfcjoe

...who can’t accept that it’s a possible to lose a game without it being the managers fault.

There is another team on the pitch trying to win the game too.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 07:37 - Oct 1 with 7055 views_

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 07:50 - Oct 1 with 7021 viewstextbackup

Where are these people you talk of? Because I really can't see much of a fall out over yesterday's result, most just accept they were better than us.
Bit dramatic

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 07:57 - Oct 1 with 6992 viewsBenters

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 07:50 - Oct 1 by textbackup

Where are these people you talk of? Because I really can't see much of a fall out over yesterday's result, most just accept they were better than us.
Bit dramatic

Joe said last season it was time for a manager change .

Now his love for MM is amazing and is on par with Truces !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:28 - Oct 1 with 6928 viewsOsborneOneNil

on 07:37 - Oct 1 by _

Some have just grown tired of everything MM, I think, and just wait for the day of change.
Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:31 - Oct 1 with 6922 viewsitfcjoe

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 07:50 - Oct 1 by textbackup

Bit dramatic

Not necessarily just on here, but across here, Twitter and mates - as soon as we are losing its because we’ve got it wrong. Should be changed up, manager not got a clue etc when reality is it’s a league of fine margins that we are a middling team in.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:32 - Oct 1 with 6918 viewsitfcjoe

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 07:57 - Oct 1 by Benters

You’ve become an absolute clown on here, just can’t grasp anything no matter how much it is explained.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:44 - Oct 1 with 6873 viewsBenters

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:32 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

You’ve become an absolute clown on here, just can’t grasp anything no matter how much it is explained.

That might be true.

But you did agree it was time to change the manager for this season.

Gentlybentley

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:45 - Oct 1 with 6866 viewsBenters

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:28 - Oct 1 by OsborneOneNil

Some have just grown tired of everything MM, I think, and just wait for the day of change.

We live in hope.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:46 - Oct 1 with 6876 viewsitfcjoe

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:44 - Oct 1 by Benters

That might be true.

But you did agree it was time to change the manager for this season.

And where have I said that I don’t think was the case? I thought it was time for a change in the summer - but that opinion isn’t frozen in time

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:48 - Oct 1 with 6874 viewstextbackup

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:31 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Not necessarily just on here, but across here, Twitter and mates - as soon as we are losing its because we’ve got it wrong. Should be changed up, manager not got a clue etc when reality is it’s a league of fine margins that we are a middling team in.

But yesterday I feel MM did get it wrong. Against a team like Bristol city, ironically, he should have started more cautious. Our bench had nothing to come on and change the game. All our eggs were firmly in one basket.
Previously I've wanted an attacking line up, vs Sunderland Bolton etc that's great, but yesterday could have done with 'boring' mick picking the team

(I realise how strange/ironic this post will read btw)

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:51 - Oct 1 with 6846 viewsitfcjoe

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:48 - Oct 1 by textbackup

But yesterday I feel MM did get it wrong. Against a team like Bristol city, ironically, he should have started more cautious. Our bench had nothing to come on and change the game. All our eggs were firmly in one basket.
Previously I've wanted an attacking line up, vs Sunderland Bolton etc that's great, but yesterday could have done with 'boring' mick picking the team

I felt the same personally re setup - but was a bit lose lose as make a change and if we lost he’d have been crucified fir changing a winning team.

Think Nydam or Ward in for Celina or Waghorn was needed (before Adeyemi went down injured) but hard to drop either.

Think too many players were rubbish yesterday though and didn’t get going

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:55 - Oct 1 with 6827 viewstextbackup

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:51 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

I felt the same personally re setup - but was a bit lose lose as make a change and if we lost he’d have been crucified fir changing a winning team.

Think Nydam or Ward in for Celina or Waghorn was needed (before Adeyemi went down injured) but hard to drop either.

Think too many players were rubbish yesterday though and didn’t get going

Yeah just that. If teams start quickly against us we really don't know what to do, because we are so slow out of the blocks. They were so busy all game, we looked shocked

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:05 - Oct 1 with 6801 viewsitfcjoe

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 08:55 - Oct 1 by textbackup

Yeah just that. If teams start quickly against us we really don't know what to do, because we are so slow out of the blocks. They were so busy all game, we looked shocked

They looked a really good side, got so many men forwards without getting caught out - striker an absolute beast.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:29 - Oct 1 with 6738 viewsnshearman1

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:05 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

They looked a really good side, got so many men forwards without getting caught out - striker an absolute beast.

IT struck me yesterday that City were the team Mick would like to have. Tight at the back and in midfield, with big men in defence and a big (expensive) beast up front, well organised and efficient.

Nothing I have seen has led me to change my views about Mick or the team. He has made some very astute attacking signings but ME hasn't spent enough to mount a proper challenge and Mick is too often tactically poor. I too think we needed to have set up more cautiously yesterday, I think replacing Celina with Sears meant we took out our only opportunity to create a surprise and win a point, in spite of his below-par performance up to then, and I think it was wrong to drop Waghorn after our great start when he has one of the best goals to chances ratios in the Division. I also think the defence lets in way too many goals and while some of that is down to the injuries, we constantly look disorganised and are inconsistent.

All in all, I still think we have improved from a low-table struggler to a team that will finish between 6th and 10th. And in that not enough has changed it indeed IMHO will change under Mick & ME.
Poor trolling Benters on 09:44 - Oct 1 with 6697 viewsDyland

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 07:57 - Oct 1 by Benters

For it to work there has to be a semblance of reality.

Your first sentence is true to an extent, but lacks context.

Your second sentence is demonstrably completely false.

Silly chops.

Good news on the health front though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:47 - Oct 1 with 6685 viewsSuperfrans

Said exactly this to your own post last night.

“... they did us up like a kipper. They outplayed us in the first 30-40minutes. And after the break they managed the game and snuffed us out.
But the people saying we were rubbish should learn a basic reality about football. There are two teams on the pitch.”

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:52 - Oct 1 with 6663 viewsSuperfrans

Personally, I can’t see how he could have started yesterday with a different team - notwithstanding Adeyemi’s late injury. The only real surprise for me was starting with Nydam in the middle rather than Ward (who has played centrally plenty of times). Had he started with a different line-up after a 5-2 win the reaction would have been explosive.

There was actually little between the two performances imho. Sunderland had chances at 2-1 and Garner should have had an early shot first half which would have sent us in level at HT. that being th case, the game would have been very different.

The main differences between yesterday and Tuesday are - confidence of the opposition, the roll of the ball at key points (chances they had and put away (with deflections) and chances we didn’t.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:55 - Oct 1 with 6663 viewsElderGrizzly

I know ‘Statman’ on Twitter obviously hates MM, but he did point out that was 5 losses in 7 which equals Mick’s worst run at PR?

We’re clearly a more competitive outfit than last year, more entertaining and playing better football. Just the balance is still missing & bench is still short of attacking options to change things

Like you, i obviously thought the summer was the time to change, but credit to Mick he has started to turn things around. Better football, kids playing & no journeyman loans.
Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 10:03 - Oct 1 with 6621 viewsSuperfrans

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:55 - Oct 1 by ElderGrizzly

I know ‘Statman’ on Twitter obviously hates MM, but he did point out that was 5 losses in 7 which equals Mick’s worst run at PR?

We’re clearly a more competitive outfit than last year, more entertaining and playing better football. Just the balance is still missing & bench is still short of attacking options to change things

Like you, i obviously thought the summer was the time to change, but credit to Mick he has started to turn things around. Better football, kids playing & no journeyman loans.

He does hate Mick. Which undermines the stats he pulls out - we all know that seltive use of stats can pant any number of different positions.

Problem is, he and many others have consistently called for a more attacking style of football, insisted that they’d rather we lost trying to play than otherwise. That’s what we’ve got.

Also, as part of this, we’re either winning or losing. We have no draws this season. Which naturally has an impact on those stats and also our league position.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 10:07 - Oct 1 with 6587 viewsSuperfrans

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 09:05 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

What impressed me most was that they could play the two very different games - playing the ball around first half, focussed on the (very good) big number 9, and in the second half they could do the dirty stuff too. Good team. They’ll be up there this season.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 10:11 - Oct 1 with 6568 viewsBarneycurley

I am sorry. I like you want(ed) change and i am still very unsure on mcarthy and defo want someone new in charge at some stage but to blame him for selection is silly he picked an attacking line up if we'd been good enough that would have sufficed but to blame him is taking things a bit far

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 11:00 - Oct 1 with 6430 viewspointofblue

I, like you, wanted a more defensive line up yesterday - I did consider Ward and Nydam for Garner and Celina before remembering that we still conceded three at Leeds with that starting XI! But I did fear we'd be too open and see another Fulham performance off the back of it. I don't think losing Adeyemi in warm up helped and, had he been injured before the line ups were submitted, I think Mick may have switched things around; Nydam is a player in the making but I don't think he's strong enough to be in a midfield two yet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 11:07 - Oct 1 with 6394 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where was Douglas 2 when we needed him ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 11:13 - Oct 1 with 6384 viewsDinnernotTea

You aren't allowed to question a manager that has lost 5 of the last 7. You arent allowed to question a man who led us to our lowest ebb in 58 years.

What a time to be alive Ipswich fans.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 11:22 - Oct 1 with 6340 viewsSomethingBlue

Seems there is a section of the fan base... on 11:13 - Oct 1 by DinnernotTea

You aren't allowed to question a manager that has lost 5 of the last 7. You arent allowed to question a man who led us to our lowest ebb in 58 years.

What a time to be alive Ipswich fans.

Who said that, fool?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024