Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic advert for the NFL this 16:20 - Oct 1 with 8791 viewssoupytwist

It used to be quite good when Channel 4 had the highlights in the late 80s. What happened?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 16:21]
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:25 - Oct 1 with 6342 viewsDyland

It's funny watching the gridiron. Sometimes I see a play and think, sweet Jesus, calm down it wasn't that good. Then there's a play that's breathtaking with the running skill. One moment there's comedic butter fingers, the next amazing catching. It's a great TV sport, especially killing time at a bar in the US where it's not too busy and one of the bar staff is into it and explains the ins and outs and the teams, stats etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:30 - Oct 1 with 6328 viewsHerbivore

I find all of the major U.S. sports really boring. Too much time spent with literally nothing happening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:34 - Oct 1 with 6319 viewsDyland

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:30 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

I find all of the major U.S. sports really boring. Too much time spent with literally nothing happening.

Basketball is a decent sport but baseball and the gridiron are entertainment events that just happen to vaguely resemble other proper sports. Having said that, I like them.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:52 - Oct 1 with 6298 viewsHerbivore

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:34 - Oct 1 by Dyland

Basketball is a decent sport but baseball and the gridiron are entertainment events that just happen to vaguely resemble other proper sports. Having said that, I like them.

Even basketball I find tedious to be honest. I think it's the whole taking it in turns to score points aspect of US sports (as well as the sheer length of time a game takes to complete) that just doesn't do it for me.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 00:28 - Oct 2 with 6183 viewsEly_Blue

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:52 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Even basketball I find tedious to be honest. I think it's the whole taking it in turns to score points aspect of US sports (as well as the sheer length of time a game takes to complete) that just doesn't do it for me.

You should try watching ice hockey, makes football look like it’s played by girls who might break a nail

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 13:57 - Oct 2 with 6076 viewsRIPbobby

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 00:28 - Oct 2 by Ely_Blue

You should try watching ice hockey, makes football look like it’s played by girls who might break a nail

I second the big up for Hockey. Currently the best sport around and they are never afraid to tweak the rules. Football almost never does and that is why the game is dying.

NHL Starts in a couple of days, crikey there is even a Vegas team from this season. :)
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 17:36 - Oct 2 with 6034 viewsHerbivore

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 13:57 - Oct 2 by RIPbobby

I second the big up for Hockey. Currently the best sport around and they are never afraid to tweak the rules. Football almost never does and that is why the game is dying.

NHL Starts in a couple of days, crikey there is even a Vegas team from this season. :)

Football is dying? Are you sure about that?

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 23:32 - Oct 2 with 5977 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL was great yesterday apart from two games
Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 13:12 - Oct 3 with 5905 viewsDBaldy

I was at Wembley on Sunday and had a great time, although I'm a Saints fan so don't think I'd have enjoyed it quite so much if the result had been the other way around...

There did seem to be even longer breaks than usual though - I've been to 5 NFL games over the years (2 here, 3 in the US) and I don't remember the time-out / advert breaks being as long as they were on Sunday.
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 13:36 - Oct 3 with 5888 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 23:32 - Oct 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL was great yesterday apart from two games

Anyone seen the ending to the Chiefs game?

I backed Chiefs to win by 7 or more. Am I the luckiest punter in the world. Double drop on the last second lateral attempt to let the Chiefs bloke walk 15 yards into the end zone to win by 9 points!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 13:38 - Oct 3 with 5885 viewsunbelievablue

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 16:30 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Granted there are literal breaks in the NFL a lot, but the dross served up in most of the 90 minutes of a footy game over here is equally comparable.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 18:37 - Oct 3 with 5844 viewsHerbivore

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 13:38 - Oct 3 by unbelievablue

Granted there are literal breaks in the NFL a lot, but the dross served up in most of the 90 minutes of a footy game over here is equally comparable.

It's not really comparable though. NFL you get about 6 seconds of play followed by a minute of nothing. Rinse and repeat with some longer breaks thrown in for good measure. It's a terrible watch imo.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:30 - Oct 3 with 5831 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 18:37 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

It's not really comparable though. NFL you get about 6 seconds of play followed by a minute of nothing. Rinse and repeat with some longer breaks thrown in for good measure. It's a terrible watch imo.

A game of NFL is generally much more excited than a game of football. Look at MNF last night compared to any Premier league games this weekend. If you understood both sports then you'd understand.
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 5827 viewsHerbivore

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:30 - Oct 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A game of NFL is generally much more excited than a game of football. Look at MNF last night compared to any Premier league games this weekend. If you understood both sports then you'd understand.

How very patronising of you. I understand it fine, thanks. I just happen to think it's sh!te.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:38 - Oct 3 with 5824 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:34 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

How very patronising of you. I understand it fine, thanks. I just happen to think it's sh!te.

Sure you do
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:42 - Oct 3 with 5816 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:34 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

I think he may have mentioned once or twice that he lives in America or something. I'm sure he'll tell us again to confirm shortly. Therefore his knowledge of NFL surpasses yours, someone who doesn't live in america. He's lives in America, don't you know?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 5807 viewsHerbivore

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:38 - Oct 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sure you do

Glad we've reached agreement.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 5805 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:42 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

I think he may have mentioned once or twice that he lives in America or something. I'm sure he'll tell us again to confirm shortly. Therefore his knowledge of NFL surpasses yours, someone who doesn't live in america. He's lives in America, don't you know?

Youth is wasted on the young !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 5806 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:42 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

Shut it! If you don't like the NFL you don't really understand it, it's an exact science. There is so much into the game compared to most sports that if you think it's rubbish you'll only know the very basics. That is a fact.
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 5803 viewsHerbivore

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:46 - Oct 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shut it! If you don't like the NFL you don't really understand it, it's an exact science. There is so much into the game compared to most sports that if you think it's rubbish you'll only know the very basics. That is a fact.

That's not a fact, it's an opinion. It's the opinion of someone with a pathological inability to accept that not everyone likes the things they like.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:49 - Oct 3 with 5800 viewsSpruceMoose

It's like rugby for even fatter blokes, innnit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:51 - Oct 3 with 5794 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it very similar to quantum mechanics in this respect ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:55 - Oct 3 with 5789 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:49 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

It's like rugby for even fatter blokes, innnit.

Apart from, it's nothing like rugby.
Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:56 - Oct 3 with 5785 viewsSpruceMoose

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:55 - Oct 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Apart from, it's nothing like rugby.

Ludicrous statement. More like rugby than tennis.

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 20:00 - Oct 3 with 5780 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fantastic advert for the NFL this on 19:56 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

Ludicrous statement. More like rugby than tennis.

Who mentioned tennis? None of the rules are the same as Rugby. Like none of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024