Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone know anything about Building Regulations .... 08:27 - Oct 4 with 733 viewsKieran_Knows

... on here. I always ask here first as TWTD does seem to be the fountain of all knowledge.

I only ask as recently I have purchased my first home. Some 15/16 years ago, the previous owner refurbished their garage into a downstairs wet room/bedroom. However, as a wet room is neither required for myself or the missus, we are planning to turn the wet room into a small downstairs toilet (just toilet and sink) and the bedroom will become our dining room. The door in to the wet room is currently in off the bedroom, however we are adding a door in our hall way which will be the entrance to the small downstairs toilet instead, and then taking out the wall in the bedroom and putting up a new wall to form a smaller toilet.

Question is, is there any building regs to go with this sort of thing? I know in new build properties the downstairs toilet have to be able to cater for wheelchairs, but does that apply to work that's already been done on an older property (our was built in the 70's)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Does anyone know anything about Building Regulations .... on 09:40 - Oct 4 with 697 viewsTVRBlue

Hi Mick Knows. Have sent you a PM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024