Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That moment... 13:34 - Oct 6 with 8967 viewshoppy

...when you've been trying to get in touch with a longstanding client with non-pestering attempted calls and email, and follow it up with another email as you would normally be about to start working on their brochure sometime around about now... and you finally get a reply to say "I would like to inform you that we've now got our own design team in India who will take care of brochure design and other print and design related work. So, for this year we will not be using you as you can understand why."...
You gape at the big hole that leaves in your upcoming workflow and look back at what that work was worth last year and find it was worth £8.5k... that now isn't going to be there.

Sucks, doesn't it.

Anyone looking for any design work either for themselves or their company, pm me, and I'll pm my company website etc details for you to have a look at and see if I can be of any help.

Phil/Gav - Hope you don't think this constitutes 'advertising', but if it contravenes the site rules, then please remove or give me a warning.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

That moment... on 13:36 - Oct 6 with 6750 viewsSpruceMoose

Ouch. Sorry to hear that pal. That's a painful thing to read.

And as for the advertising, don't worry, I do it all the time and I've not been banned yet.

You might be interested in our Corporate Revenge Service actually, PM for details.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That moment... on 13:39 - Oct 6 with 6735 viewsSaleAway

As a software professional who has seen many contracts disappear to "indian teams". I'd suggest a polite response, wishing them the best of luck, and reminding them that you are there if they need any help in the future. The amount of people that try this route, and realise that it saves them very little cash, once extras, overheads and quality have been taken into account, means that there's a strong chance of that work coming back.

In the meantime, best of luck finding work to fill the gap.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

That moment... on 13:40 - Oct 6 with 6710 viewsKieran_Knows

Sorry to hear that, Hoppy. I'm sure you'll have that spot filled up within no time!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

That moment... on 13:42 - Oct 6 with 6700 viewsfactual_blue

That moment... on 13:36 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

Ouch. Sorry to hear that pal. That's a painful thing to read.

And as for the advertising, don't worry, I do it all the time and I've not been banned yet.

You might be interested in our Corporate Revenge Service actually, PM for details.

Presumably your Corporate Revengers will expect First Class air travel to wreak vengeance on the design and print team in India?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

That moment... on 13:44 - Oct 6 with 6687 viewsfactual_blue

That does indeed suck.

I think these guys need some design work doing

https://tinyurl.com/ycz6yzqu

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

That moment... on 13:45 - Oct 6 with 6669 viewshoppy

That moment... on 13:44 - Oct 6 by factual_blue

That does indeed suck.

NSFW!!!!

That moment... on 13:47 - Oct 6 with 6656 viewsSpruceMoose

That moment... on 13:42 - Oct 6 by factual_blue

Presumably your Corporate Revengers will expect First Class air travel to wreak vengeance on the design and print team in India?

Different packages available, for the Entry Level Package we mail them something horrific in the post, like a biscuit tin full of blow offs. The Platinum package however involves dropping off a drunken Jim Magilton and Roy Keane at their corporate head office and seeing what happens.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

That moment... on 13:48 - Oct 6 with 6648 viewsSpruceMoose

What is the board etiquette here please. Do I upvote in solidarity with Hoppy, or downvote because I dislike what has happened to him?

Login to get fewer ads

That moment... on 13:50 - Oct 6 with 6631 viewsBornBlue

That moment... on 13:39 - Oct 6 by SaleAway

As a software professional who has seen many contracts disappear to "indian teams". I'd suggest a polite response, wishing them the best of luck, and reminding them that you are there if they need any help in the future. The amount of people that try this route, and realise that it saves them very little cash, once extras, overheads and quality have been taken into account, means that there's a strong chance of that work coming back.

100% agree with this. They will see how simple it was to deal with someone who understood them, and get bored of explaining everything multiple times to the offshore firm.
That moment... on 13:53 - Oct 6 with 6608 viewshomer_123

90% sure they will come back to you - probably at the last minute saying things haven't worked out.

1. Send then a note wishing them the best, been good working with them and if you can help in the future, let you know.
2. When they get back asking for a rush job, say no worries but increase your costs accordingly
3. Good luck Hops.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That moment... on 13:55 - Oct 6 with 6593 viewshoppy

Cheers, to be fair, they are an Indian travel company, with 2 Indian offices as well as a US one and one based here in the UK, so for them to have decided to use their Indian office/designers isn't quite a sbad as a UK based company just deciding to place their work with Indian suppliers.

However, last year's brochure was a complete redesign for their 20th year anniversary, and both they and we were pleased with how it looked, so when we dissolved my old partnership (due to senior partner wanting to retire) at the end of July and I started up afresh, that was one of 3 direct clients I worked with I would've hoped to retain.

One of them got sold to a travel company in the north, that wanted to keep their current suppliers for this year, now this Indian one has gone too, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the third one what the outcome of their internal meeting to discuss their marketing needs earlier this week was, as to whether I'll get any of that work still, as they had a new MD in February, and I know another agency has been used for a few of the bits I have done for the last 5-6 years as a connection with this new MD... so it's going to be tough if I lose that one too... especially when none of it is as a result of the work I've done not being good.

That moment... on 13:56 - Oct 6 with 6590 viewsgiant_stow

Ouch - feel you pain mr. I've a mate in the publishing industry who's lost a lot or work like this too, not that thats any consolation. Best of luck.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

That moment... on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 6462 viewshoppy

That moment... on 13:56 - Oct 6 by giant_stow

Ouch - feel you pain mr. I've a mate in the publishing industry who's lost a lot or work like this too, not that thats any consolation. Best of luck.

Thank you.

That moment... on 15:36 - Oct 6 with 6439 viewstractorian

That moment... on 13:44 - Oct 6 by factual_blue

That does indeed suck.

Is that the same, our very own, Old Git?
That moment... on 16:08 - Oct 6 with 6395 viewsSwansea_Blue

This sounds like good advice.

Sorry to hear that Hoppy. Another option if you can't beat them is to join them...?

https://www.ebay.com/i/371618993420?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That moment... on 16:11 - Oct 6 with 6387 viewsDeano69

Sorry to hear that buddy..

I can vouch for Hoppy's work, great quality and production.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

That moment... on 16:18 - Oct 6 with 6344 viewsPhilTWTD

No problem, good luck with filling the hole.
That moment... on 16:20 - Oct 6 with 6326 viewsSpruceMoose

That moment... on 16:18 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

See, if you had taken my advice and set up a 'Classified Ads' section for the website you would have generated a little income here. Just saying, like...

That moment... on 16:22 - Oct 6 with 6324 viewshampstead_blue

Sorry to hear that.

I've had to make a similar decision a while back for some brochures. We chose a local person as I could not bring myself to offshore the work.

There are businesses out there who have ethics and shop locally.

Best of luck.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

That moment... on 16:23 - Oct 6 with 6314 viewsSwansea_Blue

That moment... on 16:18 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

Disgusting. Hoppy's lost a client and all you can think about is filth

That moment... on 16:25 - Oct 6 with 6305 viewshoppy

That moment... on 16:22 - Oct 6 by hampstead_blue

Sorry to hear that.

I've had to make a similar decision a while back for some brochures. We chose a local person as I could not bring myself to offshore the work.

There are businesses out there who have ethics and shop locally.

Best of luck.

Ipswich is local-ish to Hampstead, next time you need some brochures...

Thank you

That moment... on 16:26 - Oct 6 with 6302 viewshoppy

That moment... on 16:23 - Oct 6 by Swansea_Blue

Disgusting. Hoppy's lost a client and all you can think about is filth

It did cross my mind that I hope a certain someone isn't reading this, but she rarely does these days...

That moment... on 16:27 - Oct 6 with 6291 viewshoppy

That moment... on 16:11 - Oct 6 by Deano69

Sorry to hear that buddy..

I can vouch for Hoppy's work, great quality and production.

Thanks Deano. Appreciate the testimonial.

That moment... on 16:27 - Oct 6 with 6286 viewsSwansea_Blue

That moment... on 16:26 - Oct 6 by hoppy

It did cross my mind that I hope a certain someone isn't reading this, but she rarely does these days...

Good job too with some of the wrong 'uns on here. I'd ban the lot of em if it was down to me.

That moment... on 16:39 - Oct 6 with 6248 viewsGuthrum

You never know, might free up time for an even better contract to come along.

Something similar happened to me earlier in the summer, when a long-standing customer cancelled a big painting job as they'd sold the property. Allowed me to do a couple of other things which came up at short notice instead.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024