Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Roofers on here 15:26 - Oct 6 with 2034 viewschiddley

as need advice on where a flat roof meets pitch.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Any Roofers on here on 15:29 - Oct 6 with 2027 viewshoppy

It's the bit where it starts sloping.

Hope that helps.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Any Roofers on here on 15:40 - Oct 6 with 2008 viewsWBBlue18

As in degree of slope? If so definition is that flat becomes pitched aver 10 deg. However this can be up to 15 deg as tiles become special under 15 deg and some flat products can be can be used up to 15 deg.
Any Roofers on here on 15:44 - Oct 6 with 2000 viewschiddley

Any Roofers on here on 15:40 - Oct 6 by WBBlue18

As in degree of slope? If so definition is that flat becomes pitched aver 10 deg. However this can be up to 15 deg as tiles become special under 15 deg and some flat products can be can be used up to 15 deg.

So I have had a dormer loft installed. The 10 degree roof meets the front of the house original slope.

How is this join best achieved and can the ridge tiles be cemented onto the roof felt?

Any Roofers on here on 21:43 - Oct 6 with 1883 viewsblustutu

Any Roofers on here on 15:44 - Oct 6 by chiddley

So I have had a dormer loft installed. The 10 degree roof meets the front of the house original slope.

How is this join best achieved and can the ridge tiles be cemented onto the roof felt?

Strip the roof tiles back a row above where the dormer meets the roof. Run a length of ply wood along the rafters the full width of the dormer and carry the roofing material used on the dormer up this. Re fit the tiles on their battens cutting them if necessary so they stop about an inch from the flat roof. Or you can use a lead flashing that laps over the rafters and the dormer roof. Hope this helps.
Any Roofers on here on 07:38 - Oct 7 with 1813 viewschiddley

Any Roofers on here on 21:43 - Oct 6 by blustutu

Strip the roof tiles back a row above where the dormer meets the roof. Run a length of ply wood along the rafters the full width of the dormer and carry the roofing material used on the dormer up this. Re fit the tiles on their battens cutting them if necessary so they stop about an inch from the flat roof. Or you can use a lead flashing that laps over the rafters and the dormer roof. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. This is where the dormer meets the sloping roof which drops away from the dormer.
Maybe I could send you an image ?

Any Roofers on here on 09:48 - Oct 7 with 1763 viewsblustutu

Any Roofers on here on 07:38 - Oct 7 by chiddley

Thanks for the advice. This is where the dormer meets the sloping roof which drops away from the dormer.
Maybe I could send you an image ?

Yeah that's fine, I'll pm you my e mail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024