Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ofcom clear Al Jazeera of anti-semitism 08:44 - Oct 10 with 804 viewsWeWereZombies

Don't know if any TWTD posters are interested in this kind of thing...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/ofcom-dismisses-complaints-al-jazeera-lobb

Interesting to see that an Israeli 'mole' sought to 'take down' a high Tory and, for once, Boris makes a useful comment.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ofcom clear Al Jazeera of anti-semitism on 09:15 - Oct 10 with 778 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes they have been cleared over the Lobby series. This isn't something I have commented on before.

What I did raise, with regards to your news outlet of choice, was the anti semitic conspiracy Al Jazeera reported in 2001 that Jews had been informed in advance not to go to work on the day of the September 11 attacks, and a recent a tweet from Al Jazeera's official account which contained an antisemitic meme that was removed followed by an apology.

At the time you didn't seem so keen to discuss Aj Jazeera and the subject of anti semitism. Now they have been cleared over one particular story you start a thread on the subject.

It's worth noting that the Nick Griffin was once cleared of inciting racial hatred. Does that mean that Nick Griffin isn't a racist and has never incited racial hatred?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 9:16]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ofcom clear Al Jazeera of anti-semitism on 10:04 - Oct 10 with 743 viewsWeWereZombies

Ofcom clear Al Jazeera of anti-semitism on 09:15 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Yes they have been cleared over the Lobby series. This isn't something I have commented on before.

What I did raise, with regards to your news outlet of choice, was the anti semitic conspiracy Al Jazeera reported in 2001 that Jews had been informed in advance not to go to work on the day of the September 11 attacks, and a recent a tweet from Al Jazeera's official account which contained an antisemitic meme that was removed followed by an apology.

At the time you didn't seem so keen to discuss Aj Jazeera and the subject of anti semitism. Now they have been cleared over one particular story you start a thread on the subject.

It's worth noting that the Nick Griffin was once cleared of inciting racial hatred. Does that mean that Nick Griffin isn't a racist and has never incited racial hatred?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 9:16]

'This isn't something I have commented on before' - so why mention that you haven't 'commented on it before' now?

Al Jazeera is one of three websites I include in my daily meedja trawl (the other two are the Beeb and The Scotsman, and I rely on Steve_M to bring us the best of The Guardian...and Benters to trumpet what had got his gall in The Sun).

I'm sorry I do not recall ducking any discussion of antisemitism from Al Jazeera. I am uncomfortable about Qatar' percussion of homosexuals, note that Alan Duncan is openly gay and not denounced for that in the AL Jazeera piece. I also pointed out last November that an Al Jazeera piece I read in Singapore was, I felt, prejudiced against the PM of Chinese extraction in Indonesia because of their seeming alacrity for branding him disrespectful of the Koran.

Hope that clears up some of the minutiae of TWTD posting...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024