Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? 10:56 - Oct 10 with 6415 viewsbluewein

Any good?

Thinking of getting one for the old man for his birthday to go with a few other bits and pieces.

I'm assuming the dates shown on the site are the only ones on offer and you can't request any other dates...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 10:59 - Oct 10 with 6413 viewstcblue

Yes I have, it was good but the guide was pretty rubbish and was surprisingly negative about the club (albeit in a failed jokey way).

The state of some areas where the cameras / home side don't go....crikey.
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:03 - Oct 10 with 6398 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Be a doll and take a mop and bucket with you... as well as one of those extendable squeegees to give the roof a quick once over.

I did it as a youngster and thought it was incredible when I was about 7 and the most interesting is the unassuming corridors with a number of old photos lining the walls.
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:30 - Oct 10 with 6332 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, it's very good.... you could spend several hours looking at the photos and newspaper articles on the long corridor in the Co-op stand alone.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:36 - Oct 10 with 6310 viewsPJH

I did it a few years ago,it is certainly worth doing for somebody that saw first hand some or all of our illustrious history(tears to the eyes stuff)-or even for someone that needs educating on our illustrious history.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 11:37]
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:37 - Oct 10 with 6296 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:36 - Oct 10 by PJH

I did it a few years ago,it is certainly worth doing for somebody that saw first hand some or all of our illustrious history(tears to the eyes stuff)-or even for someone that needs educating on our illustrious history.

A certain poster on here would be amazed.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:40 - Oct 10 with 6279 viewsPJH

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:37 - Oct 10 by ITFC_Forever

A certain poster on here would be amazed.

Did they really win that?
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:43 - Oct 10 with 6283 viewsElderGrizzly

It is good, but if possible try and get one on a match day if they still do them. Adds much more to the experience and Mick and Terry will probably pop up in the changing room!
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:50 - Oct 10 with 6250 viewsbluejake78

I'm going to do it but I was born just before we won Div 1 but had the days in the 70's/80's.My parents let me go with my mates from about 73 onwards...watch the WBA match in 76...a perfect day out.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:56 - Oct 10 with 6237 viewsbluewein

Dad has seen the lot. First game was 1948, so the history aspect is definitely something I had in mind.

Whilst I don't think I need educating, it's certainly something me and my brother would take great interest in as well.

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:00 - Oct 10 with 6226 viewsbluewein

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:43 - Oct 10 by ElderGrizzly

It is good, but if possible try and get one on a match day if they still do them. Adds much more to the experience and Mick and Terry will probably pop up in the changing room!

Was looking at trying to get one on the day of the Sheff Utd home game which is his birthday weekend. He lives in Yeovil and doesn't like driving long distance nowadays so trying to plan it around that but only had selected dates on the site.

Would it be worth emailing the club and asking if you could request a date?

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:03 - Oct 10 with 6219 viewsPJH

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:56 - Oct 10 by bluewein

Dad has seen the lot. First game was 1948, so the history aspect is definitely something I had in mind.

Whilst I don't think I need educating, it's certainly something me and my brother would take great interest in as well.

Your Dad would love it I am sure.

My first memory of Portman Road was seeing Jack Parry play in goal but he left in 1955 when I was only 4 and a half so I could only have been 3 or 4 when I saw him.

I was not suggesting that you need educating but the pictures etc in the corridors would be especially meaningful for people that saw it all first hand and eye opening for those that did not.
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:05 - Oct 10 with 6212 viewsbluewein

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:03 - Oct 10 by PJH

Your Dad would love it I am sure.

My first memory of Portman Road was seeing Jack Parry play in goal but he left in 1955 when I was only 4 and a half so I could only have been 3 or 4 when I saw him.

I was not suggesting that you need educating but the pictures etc in the corridors would be especially meaningful for people that saw it all first hand and eye opening for those that did not.

Yeah, sounds pretty ideal.

Ha, realised it may have come across like that but in all seriousness it's definitely something interests me. If we can get a match day, all the better!

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:07 - Oct 10 with 6206 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:00 - Oct 10 by bluewein

Was looking at trying to get one on the day of the Sheff Utd home game which is his birthday weekend. He lives in Yeovil and doesn't like driving long distance nowadays so trying to plan it around that but only had selected dates on the site.

Would it be worth emailing the club and asking if you could request a date?

Definitely. They'll normally tag you onto a group from one of the corporate packages who get a tour on match day.

Try Rosie Richardson - rosie.richardson@itfc.co.uk
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:11 - Oct 10 with 6179 viewsbluewein

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:07 - Oct 10 by ElderGrizzly

Definitely. They'll normally tag you onto a group from one of the corporate packages who get a tour on match day.

Try Rosie Richardson - rosie.richardson@itfc.co.uk

Ahhh that's brilliant!

Thanks a lot EG. Massively appreciated!

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:28 - Oct 10 with 6140 viewsFtnfwest

is it all year round? I know its better during the season but easier for me during the summer but not sure it runs then
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:30 - Oct 10 with 6136 viewsbluejake78

I still cry when Whymark takes the 1 2 with Mariner....Beaties goal and Mariner.A WBA fan came on our Mulley's bus and said you have a fantastic team....we had plans for him in 78.Total football...thank you Sir B Robson he motivated at half time and quite frankly we were unplayable.MM learn something and give us the Town back.
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:37 - Oct 10 with 6096 viewsbournemouthblue

I have and I got it for free, it's a bit of a wizard of Oz experience

I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that nothing in the background is any where near as slick as I would expect it to be

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 13:01 - Oct 10 with 6029 viewsBluebell

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 11:03 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Be a doll and take a mop and bucket with you... as well as one of those extendable squeegees to give the roof a quick once over.

I did it as a youngster and thought it was incredible when I was about 7 and the most interesting is the unassuming corridors with a number of old photos lining the walls.

I read that and thought you had taken a mop and bucket to give the roof a quick once over when you said you had done it as a youngster.
Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 22:27 - Oct 10 with 5719 viewsFifeITFC

One for 12th Man to attend then?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 22:29 - Oct 10 with 5716 viewsFifeITFC

Anyone done a FPR stadium tour...? on 12:28 - Oct 10 by Ftnfwest

is it all year round? I know its better during the season but easier for me during the summer but not sure it runs then

I've fairly sure I went on one around June time back around 2003-ish? Maybe memory fails me, but I'm sure and remember seeing posters around for the upcoming Neil Diamond (I think) concert coming up very soon.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024