Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham 22:35 - Oct 10 with 5913 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As I mentioned the other day, I'm doing the Cheltenham festival horse racing in march and then staying up there for the Bristol City away game on the Saturday. Looking at sorting my hotel out and I really know very little about the area.

Tripadvisor ain't as good as I'd hoped for this. So TWTD.. do ya thing.

A) Is it easy enough travelling from Cheltenham to a hotel if I booked it in Bristol?
B) Any particular good ones? I ain't paying over £600 and it's from the Tuesday night to the Sunday morning. So 5 nights.

Any help from you good people would be appreciated. This is TWTDs speciality after all..
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 22:46]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 19:41 - Oct 16 with 947 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In the end I've booked the Holiday Inn I wanted to go in.

Going up from the Wednesday morning and coming home after the footy on the Saturday against Bristol City.

£413 for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night with breakfast and dinners included. Gym and swimming pool to use as well.

Cheers all
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:43]

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 19:46 - Oct 16 with 941 viewssparks

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 21:10 - Oct 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Because of the luggage in the stadium issue, i would stay in the hotel until the Sunday morning

Try the Ibis at Temple Meads. Perfectly pleasant and reasonably priced

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 20:12 - Oct 16 with 918 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 19:46 - Oct 16 by sparks

Try the Ibis at Temple Meads. Perfectly pleasant and reasonably priced

I'm coming home in the Saturday now as my dad is gonna meet me in Bristol and come to Ashton gate for the game.

He's never been that stadium before and it also saves me staying an extra night.

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 20:15 - Oct 16 with 916 viewsWD19

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 23:09 - Oct 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Cheers

Hotels during that week in Cheltenham are upwards of £1750 which is crazy hence the daily commute from Bristol looking the best option.

Plus it would be easy enough for the Ipswich Bristol game on the Saturday that way. Meaning Saturday night I could have a decent nights kip and then get home from Bristol to London on the train pretty sharpish. That was the plan in my head.

The best one I've found was a holiday in for £516 in Bristol but it has a swimming pool, sauna and gym in which is pretty cool.

I know of a very good value hotel in Bristol with a swimming pool, sauna and gym. It is great, unfortunately it is not really in Bristol. Perfect if you have got access to a car though. Lots of football clubs use it if staying overnight. .
Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 20:33 - Oct 16 with 901 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hotels in Bristol/Gloucesters/Cheltenham on 20:15 - Oct 16 by WD19

I know of a very good value hotel in Bristol with a swimming pool, sauna and gym. It is great, unfortunately it is not really in Bristol. Perfect if you have got access to a car though. Lots of football clubs use it if staying overnight. .

Already booked one now bud

Put this thread up last week

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024