Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby game in Sir Alf 23:35 - Oct 10 with 2018 viewsBowls1e

Coming down from Stoke on Trent for this one & got a couple of hardened Rangers fans with me for their 1st EA derby.

I know sadly it's not going to sell out but I was in the Sir Alf Lower for the budgie play off game, & the atmosphere in there was the best I've heard in there since the Bolton play off game. Infact I was so up for it I even spilled on to the pitch when Ando buried that equaliser (hence the blurry avatar)

Obviously this game doesn't have as much at stake but I just hope we give a good account of ourselves in that stand & don't depend on the SBR stand to make all the noise. I get that singing isn't for everyone but it is for me so those of us who want to make noise let's raise the roof & do those custard shirt wearing s**m bags! Imagine being so close to see the glum look on there faces if we beat them!
Derby game in Sir Alf on 00:34 - Oct 11 with 1955 viewsCurrie10

Sadly also I don't think it will come close to selling out either, however hopefully a good gate and good atmosphere :)
Derby game in Sir Alf on 10:08 - Oct 11 with 1790 viewsHarryWright

I do wonder what it would take to get the other stands singing. Other clubs seem to manage it quite well but our fans just never do unless they're in the SBR lower.
Derby game in Sir Alf on 10:14 - Oct 11 with 1779 viewsPinewoodblue

Derby game in Sir Alf on 10:08 - Oct 11 by HarryWright

I do wonder what it would take to get the other stands singing. Other clubs seem to manage it quite well but our fans just never do unless they're in the SBR lower.

Not true.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

On Derby day, the atmosphere in Churchmans.... on 10:21 - Oct 11 with 1776 viewsBloots

....tends to not be particularly loud, but quite confrontational.

Personally I find it much more fun being able to literally abuse them on a personal basis than singing songs from the other end of the ground that are barely audible.

Just my opinion obviously.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Derby game in Sir Alf on 22:47 - Oct 11 with 1617 viewsCurrie10

That's a bit harsh, most clubs have one singing section we're no different...

Be good if we could swap the away fans over, however apparently not due to that 90s Millwall game....
Derby game in Sir Alf on 22:50 - Oct 11 with 1611 viewsHerbivore

Have you been to many away games? Most clubs at this level have one vocal stand and that's it, often even that isn't very vocal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024