Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? 12:53 - Oct 11 with 13420 viewsSwailsey

Just curious, as it's recently come back into my life in a big way.

I've got a new found appreciation for it in my late 20's, helped a lot by these guys:

http://www.fourfingerdiscount.com.au
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 12:55]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 12:58 - Oct 11 with 9762 viewsStokieBlue

Is it possible not to be a Simpsons fan?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:01 - Oct 11 with 9746 viewsStirlingArcher

A lot of my friends are "too cool" for the more recent episodes.

Whilst some have been poor, I've found the underlying humour very much still more than rib tickling.

Old enough to remember them starting, it must be wierd for those younger who have never known a time pre Simpsons
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:02 - Oct 11 with 9742 viewsBecclesITFC

Oh yeah!!! that and Family guy. Best comedy that's cone out of the states. Big statement i know. Apparently both shows are targeting British audience.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:04 - Oct 11 with 9734 viewsLankHenners

It's truly great - have watched it at 3 periods in my life (young child, teenage, young adult) and have found a new/different appreciation for it each time (from the subtlety of jokes that went over my head as a child to the social commentary), and a different way to connect to it.

What I like about it is there are no passengers in the town, you can focus an episode around any character and it will still be funny and engaging. The quality has waned somewhat in recent years but at it's best it's almost untouchable TV.

Will check out that podcast - thanks for the recommendation.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 13:04]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:06 - Oct 11 with 9721 viewsbluewein

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 12:58 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Is it possible not to be a Simpsons fan?

SB

It is roughly after season 12, even if there are a few decent moments afterwards.

Will definitely give it a look though.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:10 - Oct 11 with 9704 viewshomer_123

Say what now?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:13 - Oct 11 with 9693 viewsStirlingArcher

Fun fact...

you can work out when the 22minute mark is in the film without a clock.

most people are that trained to 22 minutes of simpsons that it's almost an automatic reflex to have a look around as if it has finished. (probably not described it that well)

(this was more pertinent when BBC still had the show and there were no ad breaks of course)
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:27 - Oct 11 with 9661 viewsitfcjoe

First 10 series are great, but been a bit hit and miss since for me. Still watch it if it is on but nowhere near as frequently as I did.

Will give the podcast a listen though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:34 - Oct 11 with 9645 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The Simpsons always will be the best animation comedy of all time.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:08 - Oct 11 with 9599 viewsSwailsey

I'll take that as a yes then!!!

The podcast is seriously great, I'd recommend it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:11 - Oct 11 with 9587 viewstcblue

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:01 - Oct 11 by StirlingArcher

A lot of my friends are "too cool" for the more recent episodes.

Whilst some have been poor, I've found the underlying humour very much still more than rib tickling.

Old enough to remember them starting, it must be wierd for those younger who have never known a time pre Simpsons

Thing is, there definitely was a golden age of Simpsons when the show had fantastic writers, most of whom went on to even bigger things - Conan for example.

I've not been watching it now for probably about 5 years as it did feel as though it was running out of puff a bit, but those earlier seasons are all-time best telly territory. Which hasn't helped the later seasons in itself, of course.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:12 - Oct 11 with 9576 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:27 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

First 10 series are great, but been a bit hit and miss since for me. Still watch it if it is on but nowhere near as frequently as I did.

Will give the podcast a listen though

Hey, Joey Joey Joe.....
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:18 - Oct 11 with 9555 viewsitfcjoe

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:12 - Oct 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hey, Joey Joey Joe.....

That's the worst name I've ever heard...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:21 - Oct 11 with 9541 viewsJ2BLUE

I struggle to watch it these days to be honest. It's still good but it seems to have lost something.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:24 - Oct 11 with 9526 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:21 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I struggle to watch it these days to be honest. It's still good but it seems to have lost something.

It's because you can't get back into your head space of when you where 15 or whatever and it just doesn't seem quite the same.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:25 - Oct 11 with 9520 viewsSwailsey

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:11 - Oct 11 by tcblue

Thing is, there definitely was a golden age of Simpsons when the show had fantastic writers, most of whom went on to even bigger things - Conan for example.

I've not been watching it now for probably about 5 years as it did feel as though it was running out of puff a bit, but those earlier seasons are all-time best telly territory. Which hasn't helped the later seasons in itself, of course.

I definitely think they peaked around series 6-9, but there are a lot of golden other episodes too.

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:26 - Oct 11 with 9511 viewsFrimleyBlue

I was saying Boo urns

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:29 - Oct 11 with 9497 viewsm14_blue

"Lisa, I wanna buy your rock"
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:36 - Oct 11 with 9485 viewsLankHenners

Also for a daily Simpsons fix this Twitter account is great:

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:44 - Oct 11 with 9466 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:29 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

"Lisa, I wanna buy your rock"

Looks like bad news for the impson family

(bear mailbox episode)
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 15:13 - Oct 11 with 9419 viewsSwailsey

ARE WE SO VAIN?!

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 15:49 - Oct 11 with 9390 viewsbluebud

IMDB ratings

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 16:44 - Oct 11 with 9346 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Big Simpsons fan here too, although I must admit that I have rather lost track of it since about Season 13 or 14. Like a lot of others, I think it hit its peak between Seasons 3 and 10. Although part of me thinks it really is time they end it to avoid spoiling its legacy, I find it hard to imagine a world without it given it has been around all my life - the Tracey Ullman shorts began the year before I was born.

Also very fond of Futurama, which of course is another Matt Groening project, and another show I'd recommend for Simpsons fans is The Critic, which revolves around Jay Sherman (the character who judges the Springfield Film Festival in Simpsons series 6). a lot of the team behind The Simpsons got involved in this show back in the early 90s and it has a familiar sense of humour. Sadly it was cancelled after two series and I don't think it ever made it this side of the Atlantic, but it is on Youtube.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 17:26 - Oct 11 with 9313 viewsSwailsey

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 16:44 - Oct 11 by NoCanariesAllowed

Big Simpsons fan here too, although I must admit that I have rather lost track of it since about Season 13 or 14. Like a lot of others, I think it hit its peak between Seasons 3 and 10. Although part of me thinks it really is time they end it to avoid spoiling its legacy, I find it hard to imagine a world without it given it has been around all my life - the Tracey Ullman shorts began the year before I was born.

Also very fond of Futurama, which of course is another Matt Groening project, and another show I'd recommend for Simpsons fans is The Critic, which revolves around Jay Sherman (the character who judges the Springfield Film Festival in Simpsons series 6). a lot of the team behind The Simpsons got involved in this show back in the early 90s and it has a familiar sense of humour. Sadly it was cancelled after two series and I don't think it ever made it this side of the Atlantic, but it is on Youtube.

Big Futurama fan too. Not heard of the Critic though, thanks - will check it out!

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 17:28 - Oct 11 with 9301 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I don't think I've ever watched a full episode of The Simpsons. I've just seen various bits and pieces when it used to be on Channel 4 a lot.

It's something I should probably invest some time to watch properly at some point.

I've seen the film, but that doesn't really count.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024